Queen's Garden of Green

Awwe thanks Queen :blushsmile::hug::thanks:

I tend to be very overzealous when it comes to things like growing and I have had some tough run-ins.

Up to date I strongly believe environment is the biggest factor. Circulation and Ventilation are pretty key and can sometimes be overlooked. I see a lot of newer growers focus on nutrients, soil activity (High Brix and Teas) and things like Co2 which isn't a bad thing at all, but those should really only be focused on once the environment is down pat. I would rather grow in a good environment with the bare necessities than work with all the new nutes and toys on the market in a bad enviro

Now once all that hard work is payed off, I believe the dry/cure is the most detrimental part of finishing. You can have huge beautiful nugs one day, then completely mouldy/over-dry ones the next.:rollingeyes::whoa:

I also believe that flushing 2 weeks prior to harvest isn't as beneficial as people make it seem. This last run I flushed one plant 2 weeks prior to chop date and flushed the other one with water 3 days before. I could not notice a difference between the two at all, in fact, the 3 day plant tastes better and is a bit more potent.:high-five: Most of the chlorophyll is in the leaves so if you cut all the sugar trim (still save for cooking) that will make it even smoother :Namaste::circle-of-love:

Super sorry to ramble lol I just love talking about this kinda stuff :smokin::popcorn::sorry::icon_roll

oh yeah, about the beanbag chair when I get in it. it will be like one of those old ugly peices of furniture that you would throw away but you got a little attached to so you just kinda tollerate it being there LOL. so what I'am saying is once I sit in one it may take a very long time to peel me out. so just dust around me:tokin:

Miss Bud, I am finally admitting to myself that I can grow, that much is obvious with completing a grow. Now I would like to be more dialed in with my grow but can't, not the way I would like due to finances. So, I try to make due with what I have or can afford at the time. And nothing coming from you is rambling just good conversation, sista!

oh yeah, about the beanbag chair when I get in it. it will be like one of those old ugly peices of furniture that you would throw away but you got a little attached to so you just kinda tollerate it being there LOL. so what I'am saying is once I sit in one it may take a very long time to peel me out. so just dust around me

I'll just place stuff in front of you eventually you will have to get up to pee...lol...

It looks like this grow is going to start out with the diesel and the white widow. The others still haven't done anything but I haven't given up. I think I will add the ak48 and something else to the mix, not sure what just yet. I took the diesel out of the crappy dirt and lovingly placed her in a gallon pot with the coco snuggling around her. Though the widow has shown root, I want it to be a little longer if it is tomorrow then I will pot her. I did have a question, when is a good time to give calmag or micro? I will post a pic of the litte diesel sprout later. She is still outside soaking up the rays....

Edited to add, I did try to take a pic of the diesel but it doesn't look right when I try to take the pic. She just looks like a little green speck in a big pot. So maybe within the next few days I will try again.

Just a small update, I decided to germ the ak48 along with big bomb. Here is some info on these strains:

Big Bomb:
Type: Indica/Sativa Mix
Plant height: Medium (90-140cm)
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor
Indoor Flowering: 8-10 Weeks
Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct
THC: Medium (10-15%)
Yield: Very High (600-700g/m2)
Stoned/High: All round buzz

Along with THC Bomb, Big Bomb is our highest yielding strain. A dominant Big Bud mother was carefully crossed with Bomb #1 to deliver a plant with massive yields and increased levels of THC, making Big Bomb an ideal plant for commercial interests. The addition of Bomb #1 produces very high volume, rock hard buds. Outdoors the plant can produce in excess of 1.5kg (3lb+). Big Bomb is very easy to grow well and has very explosive growth potential. The smoke has a strong skunky smell with a long lasting, all round buzz and a classic skunk flavour.

AK48:
White strain: Yes
Medical: No
Effect: High (cerebral, heady effect)
Flowering period: 7 - 9 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m2 in SOG)
Flavour: sweet / smooth
Plant height: Short
Plant type: Indoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid

AK48 cannabis strains have been gaining popularity steadily since the mid-1990s. Nirvana's AK48 is one of the strongest early-finishing cannabis strains available anywhere. AK48 Plants produce hard buds with an exceptional and penetrating aroma. Although AK48 is a Cannabis Indica/Sativa hybrid, its effect tends toward the 'high' commonly produced by Sativas. Although most cannabis growers will opt for a longer vegetative period to improve taste, under perfect conditions, AK48 may finish in as few as 48 days.

The church and blackjack still haven't done anything but once they do, I will have six plants going. I have the coco just waiting on them to make their entrance. But I guess they're going to be divas about it..lol..The widow's root had gotten longer so I put her in a gallon pot. I am hoping she will break through the soil in a couple days. The diesel is doing quite well, standing straight up and it's false leaves have opened up, all this in one day. I am already thinking with how the diesel seems to be so vigourous, I may end up making her a mother maybe the widow too. But that's later on down the road.

I took the link out to my journal, no matter what I tried, adding the : or following Astonr420's guide for chrome, nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any other ideas to why this may be happening? Maybe I should post in 420's website thread.

wow sounds like if that big bomb grows your going to have to move to the apt next door:) glad you are trying the ak48 cause I'd like to compare grows. for me sofar its a slow plant but it looks good:high-five:so I posted some bvaby pics in my journal of the ak if your intrested:peace:

Hey Queen looking and sounding good all the way around :thumb:
I have grown two of The Bombs before and I just put two more into flower.
They really stretch and are hungry the first 21 days ( The stretch) into flower.
I am sure yours will be close to that :thumb: and good luck!

:peace:

Fish, I will be sure to check you out. It would be great to compare grows. I didn't know ak would grow to be a small plant, nothing wrong with that, I am just used to having big plants. So far everything I have grown has been close to 3 feet by the time I harvest. But since I am in a new place and different circumstances this grow will definitely be interesting.

MS, thanks for the information on the Bomb, that is good to know. How are they during veg? How about cloning them? Would it make a good mother plant?

I like the fact that with each grow I do, I still get excited and look forward to each harvest like it was my very first. I am thinking when I finally get things set up the way I want I would like to use the GLR lighting routine. Gotta remember what I did with those damn pegs for my timer.

MS, thanks for the information on the Bomb, that is good to know. How are they during veg? How about cloning them? Would it make a good mother plant?

I like the fact that with each grow I do, I still get excited and look forward to each harvest like it was my very first. I am thinking when I finally get things set up the way I want I would like to use the GLR lighting routine. Gotta remember what I did with those damn pegs for my timer.

No problem Queen. Well I have a great pictureon page 18 post #268 inmy journal. The Bomb (my TB3) is to the right on the picute she is about 2 months to 10 weeks old in that picutre. If you UBT her she will grow a bunch of arms! They def lean towards the sativa side (well at least mine do), but they finish in an indica flower time around 7 to 8 weeks. The buds will be to heavy for the stems, but maybe they corrected that in your strain. I have to stake the bejeebers out of mine. Mine more than doubled in height from veg to the 3rd week of flower. Can't wait to see yours in action.

I hear you on that loud and clear. It is still like my first christmas every time :) Never gets old...
I would strongly recommend GLR, that is what I use and it works great.

QTL, if that excitement ever goes away, I would be surprised. I love to grow, and not just cannabis, and every time it comes to harvesting anything, I get excited.

I hope it never goes away. I am interested in growing other things, I am still working on trying to get some pepper seeds. But it doesn't seem like there is much you can grow indoors when it comes to veggies or am I wrong about this?

MS, what is ubt? I like big plants so it sounds like I am going to love this big bomb. I have been wanting to do GLR for awhile. I am going to read up on it from Twelve12's thread on it. I am hoping it will go easy on my electric bill. I haven't gotten my first bill yet but I would like to compare it once I get started. I am the type that sits in the dark any way, the only thing that really stays on all day is the tv.

Widow hasn't come up yet but diesel is doing fine. Still hoping that the blackjack and church will crack open. I am wondering if this is normal for these strains. I think I have had them in cups for almost a week now.

good mornig queen, one of the seeds I soaked and then put into a peat pod was a carramello nothing happened for almost 2 weeks then it shot out like a rocket maybe 2" then it just died:( those peppers also can take awhile to sprout but they can be grown in or out
DSC014623.JPG
that pepper has been going 21/2 years once you getem going the fire escape should be more than enough light for them find you some tomatoes to there are a lot of vegs you can grow in your apt:)

Whoo glad i got in here before things blew up to much! I can't wait I have a pre 2000 White Widow mother coming up right now, and man do i want her to give me some clones!!!! Trying to watch growths of other folks White Widows to see what I can expect, knowledge is power baby! Currently growing some Purple Kush X White Widow in flowering and its amazing. Time to sit back burn up some wax and watch the show.

I hope it never goes away. I am interested in growing other things, I am still working on trying to get some pepper seeds. But it doesn't seem like there is much you can grow indoors when it comes to veggies or am I wrong about this?

MS, what is ubt?
I like big plants so it sounds like I am going to love this big bomb. I have been wanting to do GLR for awhile. I am going to read up on it from Twelve12's thread on it. I am hoping it will go easy on my electric bill. I haven't gotten my first bill yet but I would like to compare it once I get started. I am the type that sits in the dark any way, the only thing that really stays on all day is the tv.

Widow hasn't come up yet but diesel is doing fine. Still hoping that the blackjack and church will crack open. I am wondering if this is normal for these strains. I think I have had them in cups for almost a week now.

Uncle Ben's Topping

I hope you all don't mind if I pull up a chair and do some lurking. The bean bag thing was a blast from the past. I remember sitting in my old bean bag playing pong on Intellivision and Atari and thinking how could it get any better than this..... It was a sad day when the bag started leaking beans... :slide:

Well there QTL. Jandre got it for me (thanks Buddy). I used a modified version of the UBT which I have also posted in my journal.
It has worked wonders for the strains I have going.
Hope you are having a good weekend.

Hey guys, just noticed that my battery on my computer is low so I will call this a drive by response....

[Well there QTL. Jandre got it for me (thanks Buddy). I used a modified version of the UBT which I have also posted in my journal.It has worked wonders for the strains I have going.Hope you are having a good weekend./QUOTE]

Thanks MS and Jandre. See why I nominated you for motm, you're always there with an answer and a plan (when it comes to your journals). I have bookmarked this so it will be used in the near future. This grow is going to be exciting since I am trying new things with this grow. I love the information that has been provided and hopes it will help some others along the way. So by all means post what ya know. I don't know why but I got the visual of Jim Carey as the Riddler in one of the Batman movies, I lost count on which one it was. When he had that thingy that would drain your brain, that's what I wanna do, not drain your brain but soak up your knowledge..lol...Sorry just smoked a doobie so I am feeling some type of half assed brainy way..

I hope you all don't mind if I pull up a chair and do some lurking. The bean bag thing was a blast from the past. I remember sitting in my old bean bag playing pong on Intellivision and Atari and thinking how could it get any better than this..... It was a sad day when the bag started leaking beans...

Hey, don't mind at all, pick your poison and stay awhile. Now you're really making me feel my age, I was so hooked on Atari. Loved playing Asteroids, I think they did that one..I use to play centipede, galaxa (sp) and of course pac-man or how about Dig Dug? Well you know everything old becomes a throwback or retro. I am sure you and Fish could find another one. Unless they make one that throws you out of it, I'll have to pass. I am still having nightmares from the air mattress before my furniture got here.

Whoo glad i got in here before things blew up to much! I can't wait I have a pre 2000 White Widow mother coming up right now, and man do i want her to give me some clones!!!! Trying to watch growths of other folks White Widows to see what I can expect, knowledge is power baby! Currently growing some Purple Kush X White Widow in flowering and its amazing. Time to sit back burn up some wax and watch the show.

BigPoppa, welcome...I don't think my journals blow up too much just a few regulars but this time a lot of new faces. All welcome. I agree with you about knowledge and I say you're never too old to learn! So you have grown white widow before this grow? I would like to make her a mother but we shall see.

Jandre- Do I even have to say it? lol

When I brought the plants in last night, the widow had finally peeked out from the coco. She still has to shed her shell but it's looking good, same with the diesel. Believe it or not, the ak has already sprouted but I am going to have her another day so if her tail is longer tomorrow then I will pot her. Still nothing going on with the blackjack or church. I am really like wth? I wonder if anyone else has had this problem when growing either strains. I mean its nice and moist in their cups with no light reaching them. But still no worries, if they don't do something soon I will just pull out something else. I'll see if I can take some pics, not sure about the widow but definitely the diesel. So I will bbl once the laptop charges.

oh my!

Back
Top Bottom