Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

I tried speaking for 18-24 hours followed by sandwiched between damp paper towels and small plates under a moisture dime with heading pad.
I haven't had good luck with cannabis seeds and a dome.

I'm not too concerned. These are literally bag seeds from the grinder. I only tried to sprout them. Since that might have cracked in the grinder.
I have done Amsterdam seeds for when Inam serious :)

That's where I've been getting my seeds Radogast and I haven't had one Not crack or pop through the soil, if they died it was my fault. I've got 3 more strains on the way. The other good thing is they give you 20 free seeds with every order. Ask for Jacky in customer support. She's great and goes the extra mile to make sure you're satisfied. Tell her Mark says hi if you talk with her.

Mini microscope says (no not this magnifying glass) trichomes are:

White Widow Denise, 64 days, 90%+ cloudy, some broken top trichomes
Carmelicious Quiffa, 64 days, 90%+ cloudy, some broken top trichomes
Carmelicious Sassy , 57 days, 50% cloudy
White Widow Bellatrix, 50 days, 0%+ cloudy

20140715_000729-1.jpg

That's where I've been getting my seeds Radogast and I haven't had one Not crack or pop through the soil, if they died it was my fault. I've got 3 more strains on the way. The other good thing is they give you 20 free seeds with every order. Ask for Jacky in customer support. She's great and goes the extra mile to make sure you're satisfied. Tell her Mark says hi if you talk with her.

I don't get involved in seed procurement. I'm just the medicine grower.

Starting the seeds was the most discouraging part of my grow so far.
I'm going to study up on technique before the next seeds!!

Hello Radogast. Your plants are looking good! You're already at a trichome ripeness level that would be knock out stage for me.:biglaugh: On Relaxed Lester's thread, there's a good gnat discussion going on right now if you're interested.

I looked up sns-203 but the website store locator shows nothing in eastern Massachusetts.

Since I have the materials, I will try B A R recipe:

One quart h2o (I use tap), One cap of Hydrogen Peroxide, & a small drop of liquid Dish detergent > put in a spray bottle > Shake well > Spray the leafs & medium generously once a day for 3 days > Gnats & Larva gone.
I give you my word you'll be rid of your gnat problem...

Shoot Radogast, by the looks of that fly paper you may want to use 2 cap fulls of peroxide. It won't harm your girls. I used 2 caps this spring as I started getting them a little worse this year than I did last summer.

That is ALOT of Adult Flies.

That was a total surprise. They must have just hatched!
I had only seen a max of 3 flies, so I took the sticky trap out of the flower room into the veg area.
Veg area had no flies for 3 days so I put the sticky trap back into the flower room and hung up the fly strip.

I was expecting 1-5 flies, 8 the first day, and then this HUGE mess of flies the second day with 5-6 gnats left crawling on the pots.
I got the fly strips up just in time.

Mini microscope says (no not this magnifying glass) trichomes are:

White Widow Denise, 64 days, 90%+ cloudy, some broken top trichomes
Carmelicious Quiffa, 64 days, 90%+ cloudy, some broken top trichomes
Carmelicious Sassy , 57 days, 50% cloudy
White Widow Bellatrix, 50 days, 0%+ cloudy

20140715_000729-1.jpg

I need some direction here.
I hadn't seen any cloudy until last night, but I hadn't looked in 5 days.

Now I feel like I missed an opportunity to flush when I did a heavy feeding on Saturday.

IS IT TIME TO FLUSH?

IS IT TIME TO HARVEST?

Hi Radogast. I think flushing now would be good. On the grow I just completed I gave my last feed on 6/12, flushed on 6/23, and harvested between 7/3 and 7/7. After the flush, I gave only small amts. of H2O as needed, nothing on last few days. Since you fed heavily on Sat., maybe 2 flushes depending on when you decide to harvest?

I harvested several ~50-50 clear and cloudy. Others were 60-75% cloudy. Some plants had a few amber. All plants went at least to breeder's stated flowering days, most went longer. I also factor in bud appearance along with trichome ripeness to decide when to harvest.

As you know, when to harvest is a personal thing or preference, so hard to tell you when. Hope this info helps you by giving you a comparison reference.

It depends on what type of High your going for....

I tried speaking for 18-24 hours followed by sandwiched between damp paper towels and small plates under a moisture dime with heading pad.
I haven't had good luck with cannabis seeds and a dome.

I'm not too concerned. These are literally bag seeds from the grinder. I only tried to sprout them. Since that might have cracked in the grinder.
I have done Amsterdam seeds for when Inam serious :)

Do not use a humidity dome with cannabis seeds, the humidity dome will keep the humidity too high for your seedlings.

When I germinate seeds I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Mosquito dunks can also be used as a soil drench for fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for fungus gnats and other soil insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

https://www.homedepot.com Mosquito Dunks 6 Pack

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-203

Flushed.
Six 5-gallon buckets of water for three 5-gallon plants.
Collected five 5-gallon buckets of used water off the floor.

I'll flush again tomorrow or the day after.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thanks for the seed starting post KingJohnC.
It must get old telling each grower the same thing two or three times until they listen.
Still, I appreciate the information.
It is here on this thread when I need it.

We snipped off one of eleven little colas from White Widow Denise
(70 days of flower, trichomes all cloudy with some fallen off trichome heads, no colored trichomes.)

Had a trimming party where I taught the family how to trim based on an internet video.
(Wife, me, 16 yr old boy, 15 year old girl - first harvest and trim for any of us. )

Oven dried at 175 for 40 minutes.
(After 20 minutes, 2.9 grams, after 30 minutes 2.5g, after 40 minutes 2.5 g so done drying)

20140716_212436-1.jpg

A family that celebrates a harvest together, plays together.

Girl tears off the lower right corner of our first ever dried bud and places it in her grinder.
Grinding ensues. (Grinds well, dry enough - yay. Didn't duck that up:)

Discussion on which bowl, first decision water vs no water.
We go for no water since water absorbs some THC and this might be a low thc crop.

Ground herb is packed into Gandolph, a streamroller, because has a community sized bowl and high drama appearance.

Smoking ensures.

Four of us get a brain freeze sensation, followed by shoulder buzz, body buzz, giggles, am I too high? to active conversation sheets we agreed in the top ten lifetime highs for the three of us talking, then we watched Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

Tomorrow we are ready to chop, wash, trim and hang dry :)

Single little cola yield, 2.5g dry
(I also had to recalibrate the cannabis scale by using postal scale to create an 1000g weight ((2 lb 3.7 oz)) )
20140716_213713-1.jpg

that looks very tasty! I had some of the popcorn buds on branches dry up a little sooner than the stuff hanging, and i put it in a jar for a few days, opened once a day, and the gf just had a couple blasts with the vapor daddy vape, and was pleasantly surprised with how good the high was for some smaller buds that didn't really ripen very well.

cant wait to see the rest of your harvest!!

Back
Top Bottom