Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

Post harvest observations

#1 - root ball looks fine, she was a 17 week, 41 inch tall, 25 inch wide plant. Expected yield 40 grams.
I think 5 gal could grow a 20% larger plant.

#2 - Staples worked just fine for stem repair. No rust. No shifting. In place for 8 weeks of flower.

20140719_095925-1.jpg

20140719_095643-1.jpg

20140719_095539-1.jpg

20140719_095345-1.jpg

First Harvest: First Bud Washing

It's great how FAST it goes, at 30 seconds per bucket, once you are set up, you can do three ounces of bud in 4-5 minutes.-

I used-
Bucket 1 - one cup baking soda, one cup key lime juice, hot/warm water
Bucket 2 - hot tap water-
Bucket 3 - cool tap water

All three of my harvested plants are smoking Very smooth as oven dried nugs.
The Carmelicious is so smooth that the smoke through a bong creeps until your lungs are FULL.-
Smokes to gray/white ash that blows out of the bowl leaving it clean.-

I am pleased beyond hope at how magnificent my first bud tastes-:)

20140717_095015-1.jpg

20140717_095636-1.jpg

20140717_163228-1.jpg

the drying room looks amazing Rado! So happy to hear you have an entire Green family. Time to get the kids growing their own plants now!! Heres some beans kids... stay the hell away from mom and dads stash!!! haha

how your clones looking Rado?

My drying room is just two strings near the ceiling of my flowering room :lol:

My clones are looking, well... alive.

They are about 1.5" canopy. They had been 3-4" fan leaves, started growing new leaves, then didn't grow for 5 weeks.
Then the fan leaves feel off, and they but gnats.

I sprinkled diotomaceous earth on the ground surface (feels like baby powder) and 30 gnats went to 2 gnats in one hour.

20140719_130344-1.jpg

20140719_130638-1.jpg

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Diatomaceous earth can also be placed into a squeeze bottle and puffed onto leaves and stems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Diatomaceous earth can also be placed into a squeeze bottle and puffed onto leaves and stems.

suggestion for gnats/insects in hydro?

Seen a close up of a fungus gnat.. not what i have.. they look more like shore flies, which upon reading is much less harmful than the gnats! thank god!. any ideas for eradication of these buggers? i've only seen one, maybe 2 flying around near the plants and out from the root mass. no more than that.

I would use yellow sticky traps for the adult flies and either 5 millilitre per gallon of 3% hydrogen peroxide nutrient solution in your reservoir to kill the flies in your reservoir or Mosquito dunks.

Back
Top Bottom