ReefCheef's 1st Bubblegrow Blueberry/God's Bud

hey reefa what age are you topping at ?roughly how many nodes do the plants have before you attempt to do this?also what are the benefits cheers pal
I topped her on the 2nd node, (in the picture you can see the nodes and the seed leaves also) so when she got her 3-fingered fan leaf. I top them pretty early because they don't become nearly as stressed as they would topping later. When you top them young you're basically creating two plants out of one. :thumb: The benefits of topping in my opinion are amazing. I think that if you don't at least top your plant once than you are missing an easy opportunity to dramatically increase your yield. Some stress is good stress.

Silly question Reefa, but is topping and FIM the same thing?
Hey myzz! langa pretty much explained it. I personally have never fimmed a plant but I will probably try soon.:smokin:

well i think more yield is always a good idea in my eyes so big decision LST fimming topping or super cropping ummmm the big think begins

Try them all, see what works best for you.:goodluck:

Well I was burning a joint and figured its about time for a little update.

I decided to start flowering the God Bud instead of using it for clones. I don't know for sure its even a female, so I will sex her and if it is a female I will take a few clones and re-veg them so I can keep that strain for awhile.

The Purp is looking real nice from the topping a few days ago.

I really need to go buy a T5 for my veg room.

Looking for my camera and I'll post some pics in a little bit.

Day 18 of 12/12
pH - 5.9
PPM- 1220
RH - 45%
Temp - 82

Well lets get right into the pics... :Rasta:

Some new seeds I planted a few days ago. They will go into DWC buckets when I see roots poking threw the rockwool. They are from some seeds my buddy gave me. He crossed some plants (I forget what they were) but he calls it jack frost.
seedlings20.JPG

Here is the Purp that I topped a few days ago. She is starting to take off now.
purptop3.JPG

purptop4.JPG

This is the God Bud that I put into 12/12 today. I'm praying that this one is a girl.
godbud2.JPG

And my favorite, the Beast. I cannot wait to harvest this plant. It is going to be a lot of fun. :cheer:
beast2.JPG

The two main colas are now above the light, the light is at it's maximum height :( I know I'm going to lose some yield from that.
P10100501.JPG

branch.JPG

P10100491.JPG

Well that's about it for the pics. Feel free to comment or give any advice!! :smokin:

Lookin purdy man, props!

SG

Thanks! They look purdier everyday:smokin:

hey RC looking really good there at what height did you flower that one that has stretched beyond the light?excellent grow though!!

Thanks langa your plants are coming along nice it seems.:popcorn: I can't tell you the exact height but she was around 4 feet when I started flowering. Another lesson learned...:smokin:

nice grow RC!!

Thanks for stopping by diesel! :smokin:

haha reefa, I ran out of room too. Mines just as serious though, because even though my plants wont out grow their light setup (sun) they STILL insist on peaking over the sides of the enclosure to say hello to anybody. damn tall happy plants.... ;)

Lol yea you don't need your girls trying to talk to the neighbors or anything... Maybe you should try tying them down a little bit or something.:smokin:

RC you should Super-Crop your colas that are above the light!! Do it so that you bend the colas over directly into the light.. i have done this on numerous occasions and it works very very well!

RC you should Super-Crop your colas that are above the light!! Do it so that you bend the colas over directly into the light.. i have done this on numerous occasions and it works very very well!

Hey blacklips, I was going to but the stems are pretty solid I'm not quite sure how it would work out. You even supercrop in flowering?

If that works in flower I will try it, I have bent, not broken, the stem over with string to keep it in the light range before and that works good, but to crop I would think would add too much stress in bloom

Back
Top Bottom