Regor's Bubba Kush Clone - 1st Grow - Test of Mental Patience

There's may be time to add flowering nutrients (blizzard) which will help feed your girls hunger, but I'll leave those recommendations to the experienced growers :)

Thanks Radogast. She's still getting Dyna-grow Bloom, but that's it.

WOW, I just found out first-hand what the hardest part of growing is. Examining triches for clear/cloudy/amber.

I do believe some triches have started the transition to cloudy. I will examine better tomorrow, and try to grab a few close-ups. I thought some triches were showing amber, but I actually think the amber colored pistils were throwing off a few triches colors.

Guess I have to start reading a lot more fast on harvesting and curing ; )

Question to maybe save me a few minutes, what triggers off the last two weeks of flushing prior to harvest? The first sign of cloudy triches, a gut feeling that there's 2 weeks left??? I know you pull the trigger and harvest when there's a good amount of Amber (or any mixture depending on your needs/wants of the smoke).

WOW, I just found out first-hand what the hardest part of growing is. Examining triches for clear/cloudy/amber.

I do believe some triches have started the transition to cloudy. I will examine better tomorrow, and try to grab a few close-ups. I thought some triches were showing amber, but I actually think the amber colored pistils were throwing off a few triches colors.

Guess I have to start reading a lot more fast on harvesting and curing ; )

Question to maybe save me a few minutes, what triggers off the last two weeks of flushing prior to harvest? The first sign of cloudy triches, a gut feeling that there's 2 weeks left??? I know you pull the trigger and harvest when there's a good amount of Amber (or any mixture depending on your needs/wants of the smoke).

I know what you mean about finishing and uncertainty :)
My first plant was almost naked of fan leaves for the final 5 weeks!!
:oops:

In my limited 4 plant, 2 strain experience, clear to cloudy took 2 weeks, sat at cloudy for 1-3 weeks, then Amber went up 10-15% per day.
If you are sure you want the body effects of amber trichomes, I would flush at full or almost full cloudy. You have some nice leaves worth feeding until the end.

This might help you when you're looking at trichomes :)

trichome_developement.jpeg

Took a decent look tonight. More cloudy than I originally thought and a couple Amber on at least one upper bud. Guess I'm counting down now, at least a week before I thought. Might give her one more dose of Bloom, then switch to basic RO while I flush for at least 1-2 week.

I know she was overdue for a water, and might have been a little limp, but her branches are now being pulled down by the buds. She was always a little scrawny and her branches are not the biggest, so I knew this time would come (or at least I alway hoped the buds would be heavy enough).

Tonight was her last feeding of nutes. I'm giving her two more weeks till harvest, or at least that's my goal. I'd say 75% clear to 25% cloudy, with an amber sprinkled in here and there.

Ahh man seeing the weight of the buds pull branches down tells you you're doing something right!

Just make sure you support those branches somehow, you don't want one breaking and hurting the harvest. I was able to use pipe cleaners wired to the main stem, and out to the branch. This may or may not work for you, depending on the curve/shape of your branches.

10/06 Mother Kush

She's close .....

I have just about all of her branches supported since she's getting heavy in her old age.

I understand some of the leaves are being drained by the plant feeding off itself, but I do notice some other clear signs of deficiencies.

With a projected two weeks to go, do I just let her do her thing, and do NOT add any nutes?

From the pics, I'd say a Phosphorus deficiency, maybe even a touch of Zinc here and there too.

Top side......

20141006_190513.jpg

Underneath:

20141006_190438.jpg

Been a while for an update, so here we go.

She's still packing on the buds. They are not the largest or most dense, but should still give me a decent yield. I thought I'd be chopping tomorrow, but Triches are telling me give her one more week - so I'm listening to them speak ;)

20141015_192015.jpg

20141015_191714.jpg

Hey Regor!

Little late on this one but I too am growing 4 Bubba kush clones. It looked like you started off pretty rocky but now have it under control and can pull some nice bud. Loving the bubba kush smell, my buds seem to be covered in THc and rock rock hard. Trichs do make the world of difference for what kind of high/medication you are chasing.

As for leaving the leaves and such it's really a independent choice of each grower. I know some people are dead set on not removing leaves but in my past experience I find removing the leaves increase your yield and never decrease your quality.

People refer to the removal of leaves during flower and vegetation as defoliation. I highly suggest if you pursue a higher yield in future grows to do some research on it. Most growers defoliate days 21-23 & 40-42 in flower. 21-23 is because this when the stretching pretty much stops taking place, 40-42 is because you are now entering bulk weeks and to allow maximum bulk you allow maximum light to the buds. Blocking direct light to the buds by not removing a leaf is doing more harm to your yield than good of what that leaf is doing to your plant.

Look it up it might be worth a read for you.

Anyway, subbed in and better late than never!

Hey Regor!

Little late on this one but I too am growing 4 Bubba kush clones. It looked like you started off pretty rocky but now have it under control and can pull some nice bud. Loving the bubba kush smell, my buds seem to be covered in THc and rock rock hard. Trichs do make the world of difference for what kind of high/medication you are chasing.

As for leaving the leaves and such it's really a independent choice of each grower. I know some people are dead set on not removing leaves but in my past experience I find removing the leaves increase your yield and never decrease your quality.

People refer to the removal of leaves during flower and vegetation as defoliation. I highly suggest if you pursue a higher yield in future grows to do some research on it. Most growers defoliate days 21-23 & 40-42 in flower. 21-23 is because this when the stretching pretty much stops taking place, 40-42 is because you are now entering bulk weeks and to allow maximum bulk you allow maximum light to the buds. Blocking direct light to the buds by not removing a leaf is doing more harm to your yield than good of what that leaf is doing to your plant.

Look it up it might be worth a read for you.

Anyway, subbed in and better late than never!

Thanks for joining DSXJ and thanks for the great info !!

I also have two clones that came off this mother, and they are growing MUCH better. They do need some maintenance, and I'm still reading about trimming, and looking for any advice.... See the following grow if you get a chance:
Regor: Clones From Clone - Here We Go Again - Bubba Kush

I spent a good six months here reading before I dove into my first grow, but nothing can compare you for the "real" thing once you're growing.

10/19/14 Mother Kush

Tent size is a 4' x 2'

56th day of 12/12
Flower - didn't write down the actual day, but I'm sure it was appx 7 days after 12/12.

Yesterday she got an overdue defoliation, and the light can get through to all the bud sites now.

Tonight was another flushing and a good inspection of Triches. A WIDE mixture depending on where I look. About half-way down the plant, there are a number of buds with a good proportion of Amber. Further up the plant, they are mostly clear and cloudy.

I'm still figuring it could be cut any day, although I am leaning towards the weekend so I have plenty of time to trim and start the dry.

20141019_191725.jpg

I like to consider the 1 week transition as veg still, but I'm one of those few I suppose.

That's besides the point though when trichomes tell all.

Got a scope Regor?

I didn't and couldn't find one locally so I found me a cheap laser pointer at the dollar store and took the magnify glass out of it, popped over cell phone and good to go for a buck. Just some info in case you don't and want one quick.

Thx DSXJ - yes, I have a scope, and been watching the triches. Also just received an add-on lens for my smartphone, looking forward to taking some good macro shots.

Last time I looked with my 60x - A WIDE mixture depending on where I look. About half-way down the plant, there are a number of buds with a good proportion of Amber. Further up the plant, they are mostly clear and cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom