Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Good Day Les

Hope you have a great day growing over in Cali... thanks for all the info on BRIX now i know more !!!

all of the best to you and that EPIC garden of yours!!!

:lot-o-toke:I have a rookie question for you Mr. Relaxed Dude, what is a Brix???? Also thank you Mr. Lester for the link to Insanerooster or was that Insaneroast (damn rookie).

Thanks for the sub over at my Journal 60cal!!! Lester you are the man!!!!

PS: the barn owl scared the shite out me last night while sitting in the observation chair. he's huge

Hi trichs

There you go again with that story making me piss myself!!!

A Very Happy Grow and Smoke!!!

:420:

:lot-o-toke:Hey Relaxed Lester, great info thanks & reps (why did I give Relaxed reps besides the info)? I was driving down the road yesterday when a dumbass cut me off (pissed me off) than I thought what would relaxed Lester do? Thanks Mr. Relaxed I had a much better ride and my lady loves you to.

I've seen some people get the juice from the actual fan leaves, they'd ball them up and squeeze the juice out with pliers. I tried doing that but found it very difficult to get any droplets. So I used the stem of the fan leaf to squeeze the juice out, it worked perfectly for obtaining a measurement.

Great points you made Bob, and thanks for the kind words :) Right back at ya :high-five:

Ok, now I squeezed and squeezed and no juice (or at least not enough). How are you guys getting juice from a leaf again? Or are you using multiple leaves in some cases? Now I just gotta know!

:high-five:

Bob ;)

Good Day Les

Hope you have a great day growing over in Cali... thanks for all the info on BRIX now i know more !!!

all of the best to you and that EPIC garden of yours!!!

Happy Growing in South Africa my friend! :high-five:

:lot-o-toke:Hey Relaxed Lester, great info thanks & reps (why did I give Relaxed reps besides the info)? I was driving down the road yesterday when a dumbass cut me off (pissed me off) than I thought what would relaxed Lester do? Thanks Mr. Relaxed I had a much better ride and my lady loves you to.
:Namaste:

Ok, now I squeezed and squeezed and no juice (or at least not enough). How are you guys getting juice from a leaf again? Or are you using multiple leaves in some cases? Now I just gotta know!

:high-five:

Bob ;)

I had the same problem, still honing in on my squeezing skills :rofl:
High Brix Refractometer Results Log & Data Thread - Post Your Brix Levels Here
[video=youtube;QvRSKiCabJo]
[/video]

Good morning weed Lester. Dam on old fart going high tech. A refractometer is used for a lot of different things. changing the graft to what you are testing is more or less the only difference. I have used one for anti-freeze for years. Very accurate BUTT with the rain coming I have to move the lounge chair into the house. Hope you have the room :cheesygrinsmiley:

Using Ice's method, I'd worry about my readings being skewed high. He's not getting much fluid - you shouldn't have to smear the prism repeatedly like that. Whenever I've tried that, I get high readings. A 5 blade fan will get me 2-3 drops and a 7 blade gets me more than I need.

I do like Ice does - I tuck the petiole against the leaf and roll and fold it into a tiny wad, but I crush it between two small pieces of metal - in my case electric box knockouts - slugs. That works a lot better than the pliers alone - the grooves in the jaws hold liquid.

:thumb:

Good morning weed Lester. Dam on old fart going high tech. A refractometer is used for a lot of different things. changing the graft to what you are testing is more or less the only difference. I have used one for anti-freeze for years. Very accurate BUTT with the rain coming I have to move the lounge chair into the house. Hope you have the room :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good Day Brotha Bee! :passitleft:

Using Ice's method, I'd worry about my readings being skewed high. He's not getting much fluid - you shouldn't have to smear the prism repeatedly like that. Whenever I've tried that, I get high readings. A 5 blade fan will get me 2-3 drops and a 7 blade gets me more than I need.

I do like Ice does - I tuck the petiole against the leaf and roll and fold it into a tiny wad, but I crush it between two small pieces of metal - in my case electric box knockouts - slugs. That works a lot better than the pliers alone - the grooves in the jaws hold liquid.

:thumb:

Thanks again for the information Graytail, duly noted and much appreciated by all! :circle-of-love:

Hello RL, I see your posting so guest you faired well. I see that there was a 5.1 shaker last night.... they mentioned the Fullerton area. We got hurricanes and you have a week or so to pack up and run, those things are a little to rude for me. Well if your posting guest your up and running!! ...Peace.....
:420: :Namaste: :peace:

I chew the fan leaf stems while I'm in the garden. They are pretty juicy. And a good buzz.
I've seen some people get the juice from the actual fan leaves, they'd ball them up and squeeze the juice out with pliers. I tried doing that but found it very difficult to get any droplets. So I used the stem of the fan leaf to squeeze the juice out, it worked perfectly for obtaining a measurement.

Great points you made Bob, and thanks for the kind words :) Right back at ya :high-five:

Your like me in many ways Lester. A fellow forcer flower guy , outdoor grower, and you like your toys also. So how much was the butter machine? May be interested in one. I am waiting for my Simpson oil machine .Should be here soon. It is a remake of the 70's ISO II machine. Called a flower power tower now. $499. on eBay. I used one back in the 70's. makes oil making easy. I'm thinking of mixing RSO oil with the dry ice hash and seeing what I come up with. I do like good tools. I took me a while to read all the pages already up.

:lot-o-toke:Hey mister relaxed, GoffyFoot just reminded me of your 5.1, how was it (kind of like big sister turning over in bed). I live in the ring of fire but for now we are only getting 1 mile mud slides, (my heart goes out to my neighbors)

Hello RL, I see your posting so guest you faired well. I see that there was a 5.1 shaker last night.... they mentioned the Fullerton area. We got hurricanes and you have a week or so to pack up and run, those things are a little to rude for me. Well if your posting guest your up and running!! ...Peace.....
:420: :Namaste: :peace:

Yeah I remember the hurricanes in Florida, those are something alright, sewers get flooded and out come the catfish and the gators :rofl:
Actually where I am I did not even feel the Earthquake at all, I think I'd be a bit more worried if I lived up near SF though to be honest, much more fault activity up there I think but that's not to say we won't see the "big one"... :surf:

I chew the fan leaf stems while I'm in the garden. They are pretty juicy. And a good buzz.
Yeah it's called "weet" :rofl:

Your like me in many ways Lester. A fellow forcer flower guy , outdoor grower, and you like your toys also. So how much was the butter machine? May be interested in one. I am waiting for my Simpson oil machine .Should be here soon. It is a remake of the 70's ISO II machine. Called a flower power tower now. $499. on eBay. I used one back in the 70's. makes oil making easy. I'm thinking of mixing RSO oil with the dry ice hash and seeing what I come up with. I do like good tools. I took me a while to read all the pages already up.

Thanks for clicking through my grow, Boz. We are alike in many ways, along with Brother Bee, we all have our problems with mold, and that' gets old. Hey that Rhymes. I haven't run the MB yet, gonna use some KC 45 to run it after I harvest some, I think it costs about 180$ or somewhere around there, from what it sounds like it sounds like it really does make magical butter in half the time, and makes the process MUCH easier and your normal stovetop method. I won my MB machine in the contests :) But I think if I were to make hash again I would do the ice extraction, after seeing CA215 make all that yummy goodness it just makes me remember that blonde "Lebanese hash" from back in the day, best stuff. Gotta love that kief hash :circle-of-love:

:lot-o-toke:Hey mister relaxed, GoffyFoot just reminded me of your 5.1, how was it (kind of like big sister turning over in bed). I live in the ring of fire but for now we are only getting 1 mile mud slides, (my heart goes out to my neighbors)

We did not even feel the Earthquake :ganjamon:

Some news and pics from today

Well, Graytail was right, the petiole effectively diluted the sample a bit and that's why I saw such a low reading. I ran another sample without the petiole and found it to be just above 10% which I am now happy and satisfied with. Gives me something to strive for and work more at, again not too shabby for some plants started in Decemeber. There's an art to rolling the fan leave up very tidy, I used two quarters as he suggested and put that between a nice pair of pliers and got some nice juice droplets out, the droplets came out purple.:yummy:,

Additional News: I found that 3/5 of the new KC 45 runner ups showing sex to be female, I decided to do something a bit different with them this time and so they were ready for a round of LST and were also fimmed. Still not going to do anything to the Blackberries, I realize they are delicate so I'm going to let them get bigger before any LST or fimming is applied, I would like little Blackberry shrubs by the end, and I'm not expecting majorly large plants for a Spring crop, mearly just hoping to get a Springtime Sample of a few ounces atleast. Really hoping things go as planned so that things go on schedule for the fall.

I'll have to say, I know everyones probably laughing at these flowers like "What the hell is that??", it's funny , this airy pheno is putting out some oddball flowers for sure, it's kinda funny to see her try and fill out :rofl:, compact one starting to form some nice floral clusters tho.
Alright thanks for clicking through my grow Keep Em green as NW says and a grand Cronic weekend to all (CHH) :)
IMG_114117.JPG
IMG_114418.JPG
IMG_114515.JPG
IMG_114813.JPG
IMG_114914.JPG
IMG_115017.JPG
IMG_115118.JPG
IMG_115217.JPG
IMG_115314.JPG

Hi Lester here to hoping you have a wonderful Green Day!!!

Plants are looking good, new one's are coming on nicely and as for them winter Plants all I can say is HOLY SHIZZ i would really wanna smoke some of that!!! :bravo:

Here is some locally grown Blue Dream X Green C***k
IMG_115517.JPG
IMG_115617.JPG
IMG_115715.JPG
IMG_115917.JPG

:peace:

There you go with those nice jar's again....I will be coming to Cali soon to come and get them you can keep them safe for me untill then....:high-five:

Have a VERY Happy Grow and Smoke my Friend!!!

:420:

Back
Top Bottom