SkooterClowns CFL Cabinet Grow

mmmmmmm.....th@t's some future "nugget of the month" right there!!!! Gre@t looking pl@nts. How m@ny of them 68w did you guys s@y you were using? Gre@t job guys.....definitely one of the best cfl grows going on.

DSC022233.JPG
DSC022241.JPG

DSC022251.JPG
DSC022261.JPG

November 17, 2009
45 Days at 12/12

The twins seem to be putting on some weight!

:passitleft:

thanks guys for all the kind words.......we are very happy with how it's going....we only wish we could grow with our HPS/metal halide lights here, but we'll have that up and running in our old space in the near future. These grows should help us (hopefully) get a bumper crop when we do.....

It won't be for a few months though.....We will be starting from scratch and we'll try and post a journal on the build and set up as we go......

Our goal always is to get the biggest/best yield we can with the space we have with as little work as possible (one of the many reasons we like a hydro type grow over a dirt grow)''''

'Smoke up Jonny":roorrip:

BTW we have submitted one of the twins into this months Plant of the Month contest. Please take a look at her, and all the other contestants (we are up against some fantastic growers and their plants) and be sure to vote when the voting begins!

I don't like to pinch myself so every once in a while I give SK-Slappy a smack to be sure I'm not dreaming. It's hard to believe that these girls are real and that they are really grown in our little box AND under CFLs. I'm amazed every time.

I'm going to look into setting up a live webcam so that I, and others, can see the progress LIVE and in living color. I need to check out the possibility of completely masking the IP address tho (for obvious reasons). Anyone with any information regarding using proxies and/or bouncing off of servers globally please chime in.

:peace:

I don't like to pinch myself so every once in a while I give SK-Slappy a smack to be sure I'm not dreaming. It's hard to believe that these girls are real and that they are really grown in our little box AND under CFLs. I'm amazed every time.

And if he doesn't cut it out all he is getting is a popcorn bud......:popcorn:

+rep

phenominal & efficient.. is it still 5 x 68watters u guys are using?

+rep

phenominal & efficient.. is it still 5 x 68watters u guys are using?

Thanks very much DroJo for the rep and kind words.
Yes we are still using the 5 68 watters and highly recommend them to anyone interested in growin' with CFLs!

:smokin:

Thanks very much DroJo for the rep and kind words.
Yes we are still using the 5 68 watters and highly recommend them to anyone interested in growin' with CFLs!

:smokin:

unreal.. what's been your average yield with this set up?

We've done 2 complete grows with this set up so far.
First grow was 2 White Widow and 2 Bubblicious and we got just over 3zs with those 4 plants.

We learned a lot and modified our lights and used clones and made improvements to our process after the first grow.

Second grow was 2 Northern Lights and we got ~3.1zs.

This is our 3rd grow with this set up and we are hoping to get about a QP out of these 2 NLs. As I had mentioned in an earlier post we have begun playing with supplements for the first time with this grow so are hoping to really hit it out of the park as far as quantity goes.
(I am actually hoping and secretly figuring we will get closer to 5zs but I don't dare say that out loud just yet)!

:yummy:

thanks again guys for the nice comments....

We have a papaya plant that we started clones of for the next grow (From what we've heard..."The buzz from Papaya is relaxing, lethargic, and almost narcotic"...sounds great to me!). ...we will start to sex it this weekend and hopefully we will know if it's female before this grow is over....the papaya looks to be a short tight plant so we are going to give a go with 4 of them...see if we can't pack this box with buds..

If not we also have more clones of the NL just in case....this way we'll have little to no down time...

(hope this post makes sense as I've been testing our production from the last grow.)

Lovin it ya clowns. You sure were fair dinkum about the popcorn but i have already found out 4 my self. Like i said and fuck me dead if i'm lyin my 4 little stoinkers r all bud. I was gonna get an LED but am thinkin i will use da $$ for some good stuff like thermostats n cloning set-ups and seed's. Ohhhhh the seeds. My wishlist is huge LOL. Keep up da good work.:nicethread:

It's picture day!
rsz_dsc01152.jpg

Holding one of the next batch (Papaya). Putting this in the flowering box to determine the sex. Ready to roll with 4 cuttings for next grow if they are girls

rsz_dsc01154.jpg
rsz_dsc01153.jpg

November 21, 2009
Day 49 @ 12/12

Seriously considering doin the DWC bubbler thing for da next grow.
It's no great stretch i got a black tank similar to yours and just have a tray on top with nested pots and a pump with a 13mm mainline and 4mm tube to each pot. I use an airstone to airate my nute tank and the other day it shit itself so i will get a bigger better quality airpump. I learned a great lesson u guys may or may not know. If your airpump is positioned lower than the water level of your tank, you dont have a non-return valve in the line and the airpump fails, the entire contents of tank can syphon back through the line,out through thepump mixing water with electricity and potentially causing all kinds of a shitfight. I hate to think what could result without circuit brekers and safety switches etc. Just thought i'd share this story to save other people from the same thing happening.
Anyways back to DWC do you clowns think a twin outlet airpump is plenty or would a four outlet be better? Is there such thing as too much oxygen?
Startin to get a bit toey(anxious and excited) about my harvest. I start flushing on tuesday or wednesday. Cant wait to post my harvest pics hopefully my 4 gals give me about 6oscars to last me the 12wks it'll take my next harem to come to fruition.:nicethread::peace::rollit::bong::ganjamon::bongrip:

groover,
We are using a Penn Plax Air Pod 75 dual outlet air pump rated for a 75gal fish tank...the tub we use takes 2 1/2 gal. and we use two 10" air stones with the pump outlets wide open..

I really like this pump because it is not only high output for it's size it is also very quite which is important to us too keep this grow very stealth.

(people have stood right next to our grow box and had no idea it was more than just a tool cabinet.

With a DWC system I don't think there is such a thing as "too much" air as the only air the roots will get is from the air stones.

As for keeping the air pump higher than the tank, we had thought of that and have the air pump on a shelf next to all the controls that are mounted on the wall. We have no wires on the floor either, just in case a flood did happen. But a good thing to point out for others, none the less.

Can't wait to see your harvest pics so be sure to post some ...

Thanks for da info mate.:thanks:
I'm of to the pet store tomorrow. It's a huge pet store so should be sweet to sort me out with the stuff i want. I'll get the biggest best airpump i can afford. My tank is 50Litre which i think is about 13gallons. I think i will evenly space 4 air stones placed across the width of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom