Spring's 2nd auto Grow under CFL's. Auto Bomb and Big Bang Auto

The Cat is crafty! Loves the plants. She likes to lay next to them and get a tan!

Small update: I gave the girls some nutes yesterday. I know my regimate is unusual but I need to satisfy my curiosity. They are both around week 6 maybe more. My nutes this feed were: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Cal/Mag Plus, Jamacian Bat Guno, and unsulphered molasses. I negelected to add my Super Thrive. I mostly use it in my outside garden but I like to mix it with my nutes now. Im gonna add one more bloom additive for the next few feeds. I have a much better grasp of nutes this grow. I was completely confused my first grow. Now I am somewhat confused!

No defoilation this grow. I do believe it has a place just not for me. I may try it again someday. I stripped my Trans Siberian early flower and I feel this hurt her not helped IMHO. Im leaving fan leaves on until they are used up. So the results are user error as well. I just didnt like the technique.

I was able to upload a few pics. Either my LapTop is on the fritz or the upload link is kicking some pics out. Not sure. You can still see the results of that light burn on the Big Bang. Her top has small flowers but nothing grew to replace what was damaged. Welll at least the growth is super slow and appears to have 0 pistils. I was really hopeing she would bbounce back. The yield for both is loooking lower than their potential. Still a little early but the flowers are shapeing up to give me a clue.

I also liked the LST technique. I feel comfortble that this helped so far. Good light penetration. I did however release the main stems two weeks ago. The side branches are all LST babies.

HPIM3364.JPG
HPIM3363.JPG
HPIM3362.JPG
HPIM3361.JPG
HPIM3360.JPG

This is the pic showing my damaged top.
HPIM3359.JPG
HPIM33571.JPG

Lol... Ninja Cat:):) Bahaha.. Maybe he luvs the chronic?? Better than Cat-nip! Well... I ll be sure to look for random cats in ur pics:) Kinda like 'Where s wally'. Lol..
Well thought i better drop over and see whats crackin'. Have a good one mate. Chat soon, Smokemup..

By the way, I got my BPN on saturday. I fed my autos at week 3 in FFOF and they're fine :), I was very surprised. I'll have to see how this goes and compare it to the FF nutes grow. I can't say my autos got along with the FF trio. They never looked healthy or well fed, there was always something + the easy burns!
I hope BPN makes feeding friendly again. Feeding my autos was always terrifying and I never knew what to expect lol! Sometimes they would burn and sometimes they would show deficiencies, all under the same feeding schedule! I don't know, could have been my noobness too. Anyway, I'm just excited that the autos didn't show any signs of burn even when fed at week 3 :).

ISmokes,
I'm glad too! I'm gonna switch to a new base when I run out. This little bit wont last much longer. I have been using some on my vegatbles! I'll have to go back and look at the strain. I know one of them can go 19 60 to 70 days. I hope they go longer. I'm hoping the Guano will help with the purple stems or stop them. Very little sign of purple now, so I may have stopped it.I really did not care for the purple stems last time. Besides I would love to see an actual positive result from my trouble shooting!!

I love this idea! Where's NC? Where's NC?! :cheer:

Lol... Ninja Cat Bahaha.. Maybe he luvs the chronic?? Better than Cat-nip! Well... I ll be sure to look for random cats in ur pics Kinda like 'Where s wally'. Lol..
Well thought i better drop over and see whats crackin'. Have a good one mate. Chat soon, Smokemup..

Bloody purple stems ... grrrrrrrrrr ....

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty!"*

* Anyone seen Anger Management with Jack Nicholson & Adam Sandler? :)

ISmokes,
I'm glad too! I'm gonna switch to a new base when I run out. This little bit wont last much longer. I have been using some on my vegatbles! I'll have to go back and look at the strain. I know one of them can go 19 60 to 70 days. I hope they go longer. I'm hoping the Guano will help with the purple stems or stop them. Very little sign of purple now, so I may have stopped it.I really did not care for the purple stems last time. Besides I would love to see an actual positive result from my trouble shooting!!

looks like you have a mite problem with the leaf spotting , use a seasame seed oil homemade spray .
1 gallon water
5 cigerette butts
1/2 teaspoon crussed red pepper
1 table spoon of seasame seed oil
1 teaspoon of cheep liquid dish soap
1 coffee strainer
1 small mist sprayer
1 reg sprayer

put it all in 1 gallon jug
let sit 24 to 48 hrs.
strain thru filter
dilute 50/50 into mist sprayer
shake it up alot when useing.
spray the plants [alot] dont leave lights on.[you can cover your soil if you choose]
leave on plants a few hrs.
put water only in reg sprayer use it to rinse plants off.
return lighting to normal
keep room cool [below 65dgf] slows them buggers down.
do this every 3 to 4 days for 10 days to 14 days.
will kill almost everything bugging your plants.
seasame seed oil is toxic to mites.
while your treating[when you start the mix] you should purchase anti mites.
the anti mites will hunt and kill all the rest of the mites. you have to hand place them on the plants.

you can do this during any stage of growth when notice mites.

also for the soil to prevent other buggers put 1 table spoon of diatamacious earth and 1 used tea bag [reg tea] take tea out of bag lol. per 1 gallon of soil. this combo kills off 99% of soil born bugs. and dosent hurt you micro biologicals at all.

most people dont see the mites/or soil bearing buggers till they start getting fat[off your plants] way late by then. so this method works really good.

Another alternative to "plucking" is "tucking". This worked really well for me with the BBA I grew - which yielded nicely, too. As far as whether to defoliate, it is only a good strategy on completely healthy plants - and I've not done it with an auto. If you have deficiencies that you are fighting, or bugs, or anything not quite right - it may have the opposite effect (defoliating).

Fan leaves are a bit of a "mistake buffer" for us, and take the brunt of our mistakes in an effort to protect the buds (sweet, eh?!). If everything is in order, you can remove some of the fans to get better light penetration, but you also have to stay on your game as you now have less "mistake buffer" without some of those fans. Does this make sense?

Really, we defoliate primarily to get better light penetration, and despite some arguments to the contrary it can be a good technique indoors - (there are some threads here that explain this in much greater detail). But, tucking leaves underneath or out of the way also works to get better light penetration, and it's less shocking to a fast growing auto that loses bud potential whenever it is stressed. Also, I'm not sure yet whether defoliating is a good technique for autos, honestly, but it may be.

Can't wait to see what you think of Big Bang Auto! :cheer:

cant wait to see your stuff . yes bending the plants is also a good way . but sea of green is for big main buds. and scrog is for the same effect with fewer plants.if you leave them alone your dry weight bud to cubic foot of space can be 3 to 5 times more. and your total growing time will be reduced. you can supplement lighting with reflectice mulch and side lighting which allows you to have more leaf on the plants [ hence bigger buds]. christmas garland works real good as reflective mulch. and cheep at dollor stores and puts alot of reflected light into the middle of plants. for side lighting biax floresents for growing owrk really good and in most types put out 3 times the light for alot less mony then cfl and a bigger coverage area. they do cost more but the return per penny is way worth it. in the long run they are cheeper . and much more effecent. i dont see alot of gardens useing them and almost no discussions. it really amazes me that alot of proven really effecent ways to grow are hardly ever discussed in almost all the web forums out there.

oh really :)? what strains did you go for :)?

Two Think Difirent Auto's ( Dutch Passion ), and whatever comes free from herbies. This strain is nice and has a potential big yield for an auto 4 to 6 oz. Again that's perfect conditions!! I like Dutch Passion and we will see!! Should be around any day now..

cant wait to see your stuff . yes bending the plants is also a good way . but sea of green is for big main buds. and scrog is for the same effect with fewer plants.if you leave them alone your dry weight bud to cubic foot of space can be 3 to 5 times more. and your total growing time will be reduced. you can supplement lighting with reflectice mulch and side lighting which allows you to have more leaf on the plants [ hence bigger buds]. christmas garland works real good as reflective mulch. and cheep at dollor stores and puts alot of reflected light into the middle of plants. for side lighting biax floresents for growing owrk really good and in most types put out 3 times the light for alot less mony then cfl and a bigger coverage area. they do cost more but the return per penny is way worth it. in the long run they are cheeper . and much more effecent. i dont see alot of gardens useing them and almost no discussions. it really amazes me that alot of proven really effecent ways to grow are hardly ever discussed in almost all the web forums out there.

Good info. Thanks. I need to read up on these Biax floros. See what they are about.

Thanks X and Fluuffy!! Cant wait to see what the girls have in store for me. I do like tucking fan leaves. I can Handel the purple leaves just wanted to not see it this grow. My Trans Siberian was heavy purple. Main Stems the whole deal.

Gairbud,
Read your stuff. Im on it to see!

Think Different sounds really good man :thumb:
I should definitely give it a try!.. or maybe I'll wait till you start off with yours and then decide :) are you planning to add them to this journal when they're here? or is it going to be 2 plants at a time from now on :)?

Vegging plants is kind of boring, I'm glad I have a couple of autos to keep me entertained meanwhile :) :slide: Diva II already started flowering :laughtwo: she's perfect for the impatient !! ..shi**y weed for a true smoker tho.. I also got an auto purple cheese going that's growing really nice, not a single pistil yet so hopefully she'll grow bigger before flowering. Oh did I mention they're under GLR lol? yeh there's that too, we'll see what happens :) so far things seem normal and very similar to Diva I. I hope GLR doesn't kill the yield too much.

Back
Top Bottom