Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet: Second Grow, Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb under CFL

I got on the second page this time! :yahoo:

Kudos to Doc Bud for the gift, and to DormGrow for the service! :thumb:

Not a minute too so Greytail. I'd be lost without you. :love:

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet: Second Grow, Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb under CFL

SUB'd...again :) Cheers Sue, looking forward to new info and tweaks, Nice of Doc Bud doing you a solid! I have a large grow going on between blooming, vegging, seeding and cloning...oh and taking care of a mother plant as well, I stay busy. I feel good energy for Sue and Dale.
:love::reading420magazine:I'll be checking in every email update I get!!:nomo::geek::popcorn:;)

So good to have you check in xtrchessreal. Some of my favorite post lines come from you, so I'm excited to see you here. I have to share that my favorite post was your description of making canna oil when you shared that your "baby just licks it off her fingers. :love:" Gosh, that makes me smile every time I think of it. :laughtwo:

Thank you for making my world happier with your own :green_heart:memories.

Count me in as well!

Welcome, dear friend. Many of you don't know that it was Antics's encouragement that kept me from closing my first journal in the beginning. I wasn't sure I could pull it off when they cracked Dale's chest open for double bypass. He deserves a group hug. :laughtwo::green_heart:

So good to find you here paddy. Can you believe how fast things move when you journal? I'm looking forward to following your reinvention of your own space. How exciting!

WooHoo indeed.:laughtwo::green_heart: This is great fun. To think a year ago I didn't even know this community existed. Life's sweeter now. Glad to have you along newoldguy. :green_heart:

:geek::popcorn:
Alright I am in at the beginning, looking forward to this.

There you are neikodog. :green_heart: Most times it's easier to catch a journal at the beginning. Sometimes this one gets the conversation going fast and furious though. I'm thrilled you will be joining us.

Welcome, dear friend. Many of you don't know that it was Antics's encouragement that kept me from closing my first journal in the beginning. I wasn't sure I could pull it off when they cracked Dale's chest open for double bypass. He deserves a group hug. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Thank you, but that was all Sue. If you didn't have the strength to keep that journal going, nothing I said could have helped.

Sue deserves the group hug if anyone! :circle-of-love:

:goodluck:

present and accounted for :high-five:

PLANTING

Let's get this party started. :party:

I started the morning with a nice drench of plain water, 1 quart for each pot. After waiting another half hour or so I topped off the reservoirs. I clipped back the living mulch and dropped the cuttings on top to decompose. Then it was time to plant the seeds.

image21464.jpg

I've been doing a lot of reading on an organic gardening site dedicated to LOS and decided that there is no reason to soak the seeds or rest them in paper towels. The soil community I have grown and the matrix they live in is fully equipped to germinate a seed. This is not rocket science by any means and one of my goals from the beginning was to demonstrate the ease of working with this soil.

I did make one concession. When I top dressed the pots I put about 2" of quality Vermicompost on the pots, which meant I would be setting the seeds right into that instead of into soil. So I got out my little bag of leftover soil from the original planting and set a handful of dirt right onto the space where I intended to plant and watered it thoroughly. I located the old main stalk and shifted about 4-6" off that mark. They don't have to be centered in the pot to grow tall and strong, they just need to be in the soil.

I made a hole about 1/4" deep with a toothpick and dropped the seed in, germ side down, pointy side up. It sets the seed better when you do so, or so I've read. It worked well last time.

Am I alone in thinking how improbable it is that these tiny seeds are going to someday be huge, fragrant bushes? I hesitate before every planting, almost afraid to plant and find a dud. Then I smile, infuse the seed with as much loving energy as I can muster and move on.

After dropping the seeds in the soil I realized I hadn't dusted with any mycorrhizal fungi. Drat!! Went and dug the jar out and everything. Oh well. I know I still have a thriving community established, but I wanted to boost the numbers a bit more, so I grabbed a kitchen skewer and poked some holes.

image21465.jpg

Then I dipped the skewer into the myco jar.....

image21467.jpg

..... and plunged it into the soil. With a little twist all the spores rub off into the soil.

image21468.jpg

Just a little bit of touch up and all's well.

image21469.jpg

I continued like that, doing three or four plunges around the planting site. That should do.

So there we have it - the Berry Bomb.....

image21470.jpg

..... and the Dark Devil.

image21471.jpg

All planted. Now the hardest part - the waiting game. This is the point where faith comes into play the most. You have to trust the seed breeders and distributors to have sent you viable seeds. When they come one at a time it gets dicier playing this waiting game.

"Who plants a seed beneath the sod, and waits to see, believes in God"

image21472.jpg

It's such a relief to have another cycle started. :laughtwo::green_heart:

:Namaste:

:goodluck:

present and accounted for :high-five:

Welcome 420brother. Bring that Greek Sunshine with you. When Mr. Teddy shows up I'll feel like I'm basking in it.

Im so interested in this grow haha. Definitely subbed and BEST of luck

Im so interested in this grow haha. Definitely subbed and BEST of luck

Why thank you Newto and welcome to :420: . I'm sure you'll enjoy the journey to frosty bud land. We 're looking to increase the yield this run. The conversation is sparkling and tremendously informative too. We have a great crew of companions gathering. Enjoy. :green_heart:

a fresh new entry for your grow calendar,, yay,, gotta think of something new for this grow,, gotta troll somewhere? seeds need a companion,, a watcheroverer, or similar. i get so creative with each new seed i plant,, so creative i actually use a different colour popsicle stick to mark them,, ha,,

but your last one had a train,, and that was cool,, indeed,, what for this one??? gonna rack me tiny brain

Subbed. I am along for the ride. Good luck.

Welcome 420Pursuit. I'm sure you'll enjoy the show. We're still gathering the crowd, so sit back and have fun. Are you growing yourself? Never mind, I found it. Beautiful plant.

Back
Top Bottom