Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet: Second Grow, Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb under CFL

And Sue, congrats on another MOTM nomination. I think this month you're gonna win. You derserve it, and got my insta-vote.

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet: Second Grow, Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb under CFL

Subbed up for the show. There is excitement in the air here, I like it. :)

Ahhh, there you are good friend. Welcome. This is going to be tremendous fun. So many new things to learn. :green_heart:

And Sue, congrats on another MOTM nomination. I think this month you're gonna win. You derserve it, and got my insta-vote.

Thanks. Three months in a row! I'm a bit overwhelmed by that love.

Better late than never I like to say! I'm excited for this one Sue.

Good to have you in the group 36. All this talent surrounding me! How can I not succeed?

As this is my first effort with seed in soil, I think I will hold off on a journal. Also, being bag seed (Mango) not sure if fem or not, only 1 week into flower and no signs yet. I assume that since it had a seed, it was a hermi, does that mean that my plant will be a hermi? Yea, I'm quite new at this, so a journal would be filled with more questions than grow info.:rofl: Maybe a journal on the second go round.

My first journal was my first grow. Those questions are what this crew thrives on. I sometimes worried that they would think I didn't need them, because I asked so few questions, but they stuck by me throughout. You should reconsider. It will get your feet wet and introduce you to the most amazing people.

Already time for round two? Awesome! I'll tag along again if ya don't mind, Sue. :cheer:

You are more than welcome BubbaHoTep. You'll like the company, that's for sure.

Hah .. only 5 pages .. subbed and catching up :)

I was reading on bluejays thread that he doesn't even remove the rootball and stalk from the pot after harvest. Just plants another right next to the stalk and goes about the no till business as usual. Simple, natural and effective I guess. I ripped/cut out my root balls last time but I don't think I'm gonna do that again. Seems unnecessary and disruptive, when I think about it.

How did you go about that?
Sorry, if I missed it in your last journal, but I don't remember reading about what you did.

Thanks!

I was reading on bluejays thread that he doesn't even remove the rootball and stalk from the pot after harvest. Just plants another right next to the stalk and goes about the no till business as usual. Simple, natural and effective I guess. I ripped/cut out my root balls last time but I don't think I'm gonna do that again. Seems unnecessary and disruptive, when I think about it.

How did you go about that?
Sorry, if I missed it in your last journal, but I don't remember reading about what you did.

Thanks!

I finally made it Sue!

CO, I guess on your scale it may not be an option - but rotating ready to go containers so you allow the soil to break down the root ball for a couple months before using it again is an option. If not that, I think topdressing with Kashi after the new plant has an established root system might work. It would get the soil boiling and would digest the old root ball pretty fast.

Hah .. only 5 pages .. subbed and catching up :)

I knew you'd get here eventually PlanetJ. Welcome to the new ride. Can you believe there's catching up to do already? :laughtwo:

My first journal was my first grow. Those questions are what this crew thrives on. I sometimes worried that they would think I didn't need them, because I asked so few questions, but they stuck by me throughout. You should reconsider. It will get your feet wet and introduce you to the most amazing people.

This forum is like an accelerated course in horticulture....a narrow application yes.....but a very thorough start-to-harvest education can be gained here.

Welcome Subnoise and CC. LOS Sue Style. That's sweet. :laughtwo: It's an honor to have so many organic growers subbing.

CC, I'm planting this time without removing the rootball. I expect the new plant to simply take advantage of the available pathways and attached myco. Roots dissolve fairly easily, although I do like your idea of adding Kashigro to ramp up the composting action. It would have to be timed so as not to interfere with the germinating seed. This is my first attempt at this and I realize I'm only in 7 gallon pots, but I expect it to work out nicely. We'll see in a few days.

CO, I just cut the main stem off right above the soil level and left it to rot. Maybe I'll get lucky and have some mushroom action happen. We're learning as we go here.

Welcome Subnoise and CC. LOS Sue Style. That's sweet. :laughtwo: It's an honor to have so many organic growers subbing.

CC, I'm planting this time without removing the rootball. I expect the new plant to simply take advantage of the available pathways and attached myco. Roots dissolve fairly easily, although I do like your idea of adding Kashigro to ramp up the composting action. It would have to be timed so as not to interfere with the germinating seed. This is my first attempt at this and I realize I'm only in 7 gallon pots, but I expect it to work out nicely. We'll see in a few days.

CO, I just cut the main stem off right above the soil level and left it to rot. Maybe I'll get lucky and have some mushroom action happen. We're learning as we go here.

By the time you repot into the larger container (I think you said you were repotting?) the plant should have a well enough established root mass assuming you let them go for a couple weeks before hand. Just a thought...I've been thinking about it too.

Its really awesome you got that LED. I wish I could join you in a new grow but I'll just have to be patient for a couple more months.

What do you have to wait on? I can see where starting a new job and a new grow might not be compatible.

Yeah, I keep thinking "I have an LED making it's way to California" and smiling. Giddy as a schoolgirl. The universe is good.

Back
Top Bottom