- 3 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 TBSP Baking Soda
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder

Mix until encorporated

Mix Wet Ingredients:

- 1 C infused Coconut Oil
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C White Sugar

Beat until smooth/creamy & add 2 eggs & 1-2 tsp of vanilla and continue beating until well mixed

Add dry ingredients and beat just until mixed

The rest is where it gets fun and you can modify the ingredients and quantities to your liking, but (today) it was something like this:

Fold into mixture:

- 1 C Rolled Oats
- 3/4 C Dried Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 C Raisins
- 1/2 C Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 C Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 C White Chocolate Chips

Roll into "golfball" sized balls and place on baking sheet with parchment paper spaced about 1" apart.

Bake for about 12 minutes. Half way through, I switch the trays (moving top to bottom and vice versa) to make sure even baking.

Let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 min's before moving to wire rack.

===========

I LOVE 'em when they're still warm! :yummy:

Let me know how they turn out for you!
I will be making these for sure after we have another big harvest. That should be a month or so. I don't want to deplete the stash quite yet. Thanks for the recipe though. They look amazing!

Yes they do look tasty and delicious Mr. Krip. No fair. Chocolate is brain food for women, you know. :laughtwo:

I'll have to rework this recipe to a smaller scale and using butter. You know what would be delicious? Lemon-blueberry-canna muffins. Mmmmmm....... Living alone has its drawbacks. Cooking goodies becomes problematic. No one needs all that laying around tempting them.

Which reminds me, I have a brownie with my name on it. :battingeyelashes:

Yeah, I get the draw to the bull riders. :battingeyelashes:

Man what I'd give to go do one more bigoutdoor down Cali way. The dude's got it going on. His little grow cabin looks like a sweet little setup. I didn't hear the vid but thats cool way to mount the pvc pipes for sure, rebar. Bet some of them girls went over 5lbs.
About them bull riders,, the dudes are nuts. I got acouple family members doing a 'captive' cowboy thing down in Arkansas State Pen. Then spent acouple years down New Mexico ways. Cowboys and roughnecks all there was there cept aliens. I don't even like getting close to them bulls. Keepem Green

Your video link on the Cali grows stopped working. :(

I'm watching it, but I tracked it down through the title. Thanks, by the way. :hug:

Wow!!! That was amazing. Thank you again. :hug: It makes you wish you had the money, the real estate and the chutzpah to pull one of those grows off. I learned a few things watching that. He made me a better organic gardener in just one episode. Good job.

How sad though, what they do to their buds. Does no one care that the sugar leaves have some of the best trichomes on them? Shouldn't this fact be taken into consideration? Don't the patients deserve the best of the plant? This confuses me. I know for certain we're not the only people aware of this fact.

It's my belief that the job of the cultivator and the bud tenders is to protect the trichomes. Those trimming machines are an abomination. To watch him revel in the product they create made me a little sad for him.

I like the way you keep expanding our horizons and inspiring intellectual engagement. They won't let me give you any more reps. You're quite a challenge. :laughtwo:

Wow I am getting teary eyed about you and your dad. That is just amazing and awesome that you can help him. I also love the news stories and beautiful girls in the garden you have. Sign me up!

Thanks, Shig & :welcome:

Man what I'd give to go do one more bigoutdoor down Cali way. The dude's got it going on. His little grow cabin looks like a sweet little setup. I didn't hear the vid but thats cool way to mount the pvc pipes for sure, rebar. Bet some of them girls went over 5lbs.
About them bull riders,, the dudes are nuts. I got acouple family members doing a 'captive' cowboy thing down in Arkansas State Pen. Then spent acouple years down New Mexico ways. Cowboys and roughnecks all there was there cept aliens. I don't even like getting close to them bulls. Keepem Green

I've been trying to put up more pics & vids for you knowing they never taught you how to read in AK! :rofl:

Actually, at the first garden he visited, they said the smallest plant harvested came in at 4 lbs. and the largest was over 8 lbs. Later in the video, he was referring to "double digit plants" implying they would yield over 10 lbs.! :morenutes:

Your video link on the Cali grows stopped working. :(

I'm watching it, but I tracked it down through the title. Thanks, by the way. :hug:

Wow!!! That was amazing. Thank you again. :hug: It makes you wish you had the money, the real estate and the chutzpah to pull one of those grows off. I learned a few things watching that. He made me a better organic gardener in just one episode. Good job.

How sad though, what they do to their buds. Does no one care that the sugar leaves have some of the best trichomes on them? Shouldn't this fact be taken into consideration? Don't the patients deserve the best of the plant? This confuses me. I know for certain we're not the only people aware of this fact.

It's my belief that the job of the cultivator and the bud tenders is to protect the trichomes. Those trimming machines are an abomination. To watch him revel in the product they create made me a little sad for him.

I like the way you keep expanding our horizons and inspiring intellectual engagement. They won't let me give you any more reps. You're quite a challenge. :laughtwo:

With those industrial trimmers, all the trimmed leaves end up in a "hopper", to get collected and used for extractions. Don't worry, they don't throw that stuff out! :cheesygrinsmiley:

They're not as nice as hand-manicured buds, but can you imagine what your fingers would feel like after hand-trimming one of those 5+ lb. plants? :thedoubletake:

Sit down and trim 1 dry lb worth. Then think about doing that 5-10 times per plant....times ??? number of plants. You'll know why trimmers make sense. I don't like them either, but they have their place. If you can't get enough good reliable help, you're screwed one way or another. Remember the clock is always ticking on drying and curing. You have to trim it one way or another in a timely fashion to make it marketable.

Sometimes I would be slow and methodical, sometimes it was more like hedge trimming with scissors, with results much like a mech trimmer. All depends on the back up of buds coming in.

Anyone know of any good trimming videos for me? Never trimmed before and this coming harvest I will be forced to do so alone. I only have 4 plants so I think I'll be able to manage. Just not sure if there's a special way to go about this whole thing or if you just simply cut away leaves and stems? Aka make the buds look pretty? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Anyone know of any good trimming videos for me? Never trimmed before and this coming harvest I will be forced to do so alone. I only have 4 plants so I think I'll be able to manage. Just not sure if there's a special way to go about this whole thing or if you just simply cut away leaves and stems? Aka make the buds look pretty? Thanks!

[video=youtube;swVu7C8AeYY]
[/video]

Sweet, never knew about scissor hash! Guess I could stop being lazy and do some Google searching lol thanks krip!

Scissors hash is one of the perks of being a grower! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I always liked wet trimming best. Allowed me to hold on to and pull larger outer leafs on clusters in order to access the inner leaf jammed up against other buds or crammed in a stem crotch. Then I would manicure the outside. Dry trimming doesn't allow for as much precision IMHO. Cut and manicured the same day, just get it done. Any leaf not trimmed will be minor later when you 'disassemble' the spears into buds.

That's just how I prefer it.

QUICK UPDATE, A COUPLE PICS, & A GOOD HYDRO TIP

Happy Sunday, everyone! I think I need another weekend! :cheesygrinsmiley:

For the update, I did the res changes today. This will be the last week for the Blue OG on the Big Bud. Next weekend we switch that out for the Overdrive for two weeks, and, that should be good timing to start flushing.

The bag seed was put into 12/12 a week after the Blue OG, but looks like its at least 2-3 weeks behind and hasn't really started putting out the trich's, yet, but you can just see the glands starting to form on the sugar leaves, so it should start soon. The Blue OG, on the other hand, is putting out trichomes like mad, as you'll see from the pics.

The Cal-Mag seems to have done the trick on that deficiency that was starting to show, so I guess it's good to know that my water filter (NOT RO!) is doing a good job!

Heirloom had asked the following regarding the AN PH Perfect nutes I've been using:

What's your experience with the PH Perfect aspect? There is some debate as to whether it actually buffers to an acceptable range, or if the chelating is such that the nutrients are available outside a 'normal' PH. Some claim it's both.

I wasn't ignoring you on that one, Brother, I just didn't have a good answer at the time because, I'm ashamed to say, aside from checking the res PH the very first time I used it to fill a res, I've basically stopped checking PH! :thedoubletake:

I do NOT recommend not checking PH in hydro, but until this recent Cal-Mag deficiency, the plants haven't warned me of any issues, so I just let them go.

However, on a fresh res change, the PH is right at 5.5, and, after topping off with non ph-adjusted tap water all week (although, I do add some add'l nutes once or twice during the week), the reading today before dumping the old nutes was right at 6.0. So, I'd say the PH part of the question is answered. ;)

I don't have any scientific data on the chelation other than the chelation itself should extend the minerals availability outside of the ranges they are without chelation, but I don't know if the upper/lower limits are any more or less than anyone else's chelation. I just know the plants haven't complained! :cheesygrinsmiley:

OK...Here's a quick tip for the hydro growers out there, before I get to the pics...

If you have issues with salts building up on your equipment, reservoirs, drip lines, etc., you know how tough it can be to clean. Many people suggest bleach, but bleach is more of a disinfectant than a cleaner, and it's a chemical I don't like to use on anything that comes in contact with the plants or nutrient solution.

We can apply a little science we already know as growers to make it easier...

All of those "minerals" we feed our plants (potassium, magnesium, etc.) are essentially salts. Salts are a base (high PH) and the way to "neutralize" that base is by adding an acid (low PH).

So, next time you need to get rid of the salt build-up, try some vinegar! It's non-toxic and the worst any residue will do is lower the PH of your nutes slightly (don't worry, it won't be noticeable!). With the stuff that's really caked on and too big to soak in vinegar, soak a paper towel in the vinegar and wrap the soaked towel around the item you want to clean. Let it sit overnight and the next day, the build-up will wipe away pretty easily, although, sometimes it can take more than one soaking to get it "new".

Cleaning vinegar is even better since it's the same as regular white vinegar, it's just distilled down to a higher acidity. Just make sure you don't use any of the "scented" cleaning vinegars.

OK...now for a few pics...

I don't know if it's an "old wive's tale" but I've heard when the girls start pushing out 9 and 11 fingered leaves, you know they're happy. If it's true, she looks happy :cheesygrinsmiley: :

DSCN32935.JPG

And, here's some more tichome shots. Posters will be made available in the gift shop! :rofl: :

DSCN33035.JPG

DSCN33005.JPG

DSCN32996.JPG

DSCN32963.JPG

The poster of this one is going on MY wall! :yummy: :

DSCN32986.JPG

Happy Harvests!

K

AN does claim it will hold it the PH an acceptable range for a week. I'd say so. Thank you.

Ultimately the max number of leaflets is genetically capped, some won't ever show 9's. But yes, they are happy when they are putting out 5's and up. Last year I had one plant that had 11. It was a beautiful thing, a full third longer than my massive paws. I saved one, pressed it in a book. Now I can't remember which.

:hmmmm:

:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom