Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

New cloner mix. 1/8th tsp grow. aloe squeezins. PH to 5.5.
I noticed some slime feel to the water that was there. This tells me I have a light leak issue. The water (1 gal) is sitting at 70-80 degrees, so it's a great temp for growing some ugly gumbo. I cleaned it. Hope it doesn't become a real issue and that I can control it with frequent water changes. I'd hate to carry some sort of ugly fungal growth over to a new hempy pot. I'll save using H2O2 as a final resort.

Photos... with a bonus Betty shot.

20151216_085707.jpg
20151216_085826.jpg
20151216_085820.jpg
20151216_085944.jpg

My apologies as I'm still catching up, but saw some later posts etc etc, sorry if it's been mentioned. The cloning thing. Have you tried a mist cloner? or that's what you should have done years ago? (was looking to see what you'd just done but i got to run).

And those pH pens, you should be storing them wet in a pH 4.0 solution, because that's the closest thing to the liquid in the sensor. Also don't tip them up or on the side, the moisture will get into the circuitry (cause they're 10-20$ they'r not sealed) and short it out.

My first network setup was a token ring network. It was before they were really called token ring. An interesting design. Touchy wiring. Mostly sucked.

I've thought about a misting cloner design. Those little mist emitters have become common and cheap. I had the airstone and pump on hand... thus the more classic design. Some day I'll dust off my wallet and pick up an emitter.

Thanks for the pen words. I've used many over the years... mostly of the cheap and crappy variety. I was surprised by my current one... the instructions said to store it dry.... very surprised. I've been storing it damp. Still does the job... I check and adjust regularly.

Damn... this is the middle of December.... yes!?!?

20151216_122133.jpg

I'm in Phoenix and we've had freezing temps the last three nights. LOL!

Mist cloning is 100% succesful for me, 3 sets of 4 clones, all 100%, cut, stick in cloner, forget about em. It's really that brainless. 9$... I've done it with some rooton (some old rooting hormone that's like 40+yrs old) and nothing at all, I don't even pH the water. Anywhere from two days to a week.

edit: shame those thermometers are wireless, or I'd get one.

Used this photo in a different post this morning... I feel it really shows what I like to see for color variation between new and old growth.
20151217_071154_1_.jpg

Looking great over here.

I'm a bit releaved to hear you say that about the color. I was noticing that on my girls, but guess I won't get too alarmed at the moment.

I know right. With everything else going on, I'm juggling 3 cameras and think I know how to set whitebalance on all three? XD

But yeah, looking at my girls I was seeing the gradient and didn't notice it before. Guess that means I'm doing something better this time than last time. I hope :)

Guy comes to Tead to talk about growing. Explains all his multi nutrient teas bubbled for 180 days. And filtered with raw cotton burlap, planting a done by the light of the new moon etc., asks Tead what he does.

"Hempy"

Guy looks in disgust. "My system is much more involved. It takes me 3 hours a day minimum to get my stuff done. Hempys are for people that are lazy and who just basically want to watch weed grow."

Tead relaxes back in his porch swing, says "yup" and closes his eye for a well deserved nap.

Photos and feeding.

I'm getting a lot of cooler days. Yesterday and today have been quite chilly. The cooler days have been mixed with 80 degree days. The forecast for xmas is 80. Today... not so warm.
My point being, that considering my chilly days or nights down into the mid 50s for the odd night here or there, I wonder if it's significantly impacting speed. On the other hand, I haven't increased feeding rates lately.... now that she's fully involved in bloom, it could use more. Hard to tell which, or both.
Of course, most probably I'm being an impatient idiot and need to just stay the course.
Anyway... stayed the course today.
No critiques of the dirty garden area allowed. Cleaning up a bit of a spill this morn.

Betty posing in the garden
20151218_074246.jpg

A closeup of OsmoGirl. Still getting her roots on. Hasn't hit the bottom yet obviously.
20151218_073355.jpg

A lower bud I've been secretly growing out from the mostly harvested remnants of 2nd gear
20151218_073518.jpg

3rd gear
20151218_074103.jpg
20151218_074212.jpg

The vegging girls
20151218_073345.jpg

The clones
20151218_073335.jpg

ThaThaaa... ThaThaaaa.... That's all folks.

Back
Top Bottom