Tiger Balm's First Grow - Soil, AMS free, Mandala Satori, and AMS Medijuana

Well, I didn't have the guts to crack the seeds (does one squeeze the poles or the equator of the seed?), but one of the AMS free random seeds sprouted in its rapid rooter plug.
IMG_11283.JPG

I have sprinkled the plug with cinnamon, to prevent mold. The (possible) Misty seeds developed mold and I pitched them.

The above picture was taken under a 'grow light' fluorescent tube, thus the pink/purple. The husk did not come off when the sprout emerged so I carefully pried apart the two halves without pulling on it and removed it. It was pretty soggy and the cotyledon leaves have the start of, hmm, unwellness. I hope that the leaves will feel a lot better out of the husk.

Here is something very interesting. Farmer's Almanac is big up here and I have heard about planting by the moon.

Moon Cycles

Since ancient times man has observed the effect of the moon on living organisms, especially his crops. Planting and harvest dates based on moon cycles are still found in the Old Farmer’s Almanac. The moon takes 28 to 29 days to completely orbit the earth. This cycle is divided into four one-week phases. It starts as the new moon waxes (begins to enlarge) for a week until the quarter moon and another week until the moon is full. Then the waning (shrinking) cycle begins and the moon passes back for two weeks through another quarter to reach the beginning of the cycle with a new moon. Most cultivators agree that the best time for planting is on the waxing moon, and the best time to harvest is on the waning moon. Exact new moons, full moons, and quarter moons are avoided as these are times of interplanetary stress. Planting, germinating, grafting, and layering are most favored during phases 1 and 2. The best time is a few days before the full moon. Phases 3 and 4 are most beneficial for harvesting and pruning.

Root growth seems accelerated at the time of the new moon, possibly as a response to increased gravitational pull from the alignment of sun and moon. It also seems that floral cluster formation is slowed by the full moon. Strong, full moonlight is on the borderline of being enough light to cease floral induction entirely. Although this never happens, if a plant is just about to begin floral growth, it may be delayed a week by a few nights of bright moonlight.

Conversely, plants begin floral growth during the dark nights of the new moon. More research is needed to explain the mysterious effects of moon cycles on Cannabis
from Beginners Guide to Growing Marijuana

essentially
planting during waxing
and harvesting during waning
is explained rather simply

By planting at the start of waxing the sproutlings usually pop up by a week during this time the moon is getting big and full

to harvest during waning when moon is getting dimmer less lights
harvesting moon

explained in scientifical terms
sproutlings on veg ususally are put on a 20/4 schedule or 18/6 a relatively longer amount of time under light
transfer this to nature
when the moon is full it reflects more light increased veg time ^.^
to harvest during waning your harvesting during increased night time more flowering ^.^b

old timey people knew some great things they didnt know why they just knew it worked now we got high run on explaining stuff

Here is The Sprout early in the third day of sprouting. The cotyledon leaves are stunted and yellow and the true leaves are just visible.
IMG_11462.JPG

Here is The Sprout later today (the third day) - cotyledon leaves have spread apart a bit and the true leaves have grown a bit.
IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_11492.JPG

Back
Top Bottom