Tutankhamon & Pineapple Chunk Outdoors In Massachusetts

Kingjoe - I've been using a mix of seaweed, egg shells, banana peels and coffee grounds in a brew bucket. Fill (nearly)) with water. Wait a week, then draw off some juice, mix 50/50 w/water. Works pretty well. I mineralize soil, and compost in spring. Everything works pretty well. Always looking for bigger, better, cheaper. Thanks, man.

Sorry to hyjack your thread, stoneotter. ty
The more we share the more we learn

Kingjoe - I've been using a mix of seaweed, egg shells, banana peels and coffee grounds in a brew bucket. Fill (nearly)) with water. Wait a week, then draw off some juice, mix 50/50 w/water. Works pretty well. I mineralize soil, and compost in spring. Everything works pretty well. Always looking for bigger, better, cheaper. Thanks, man.

Sorry to hyjack your thread, stoneotter. ty
Bode you're welcome here all day. Glad you're not writing from a boat. Good questions. How do you mineralize soil?

Bode you're welcome here all day. Glad you're not writing from a boat. Good questions. How do you mineralize soil?
I wonder if putting banana peels in boiling water the peels of would extract it and squeeze and filter strain after or get the water to boil point then remove and let it extract steep? Might try it sometime but how can I test it for npk really ?

Good Morning, it's 59 f this fine day and going to low 60's today. So 16 or 17 c ? to all you more linear folk. It's cool out there. Did some shaking earlier as it rained thru the night.

University of California grapevine powdery mildew risk index for conidial increase.

Conidial Infections - Risk Assessment
(Risk index ranges from 0-100)​
Requires 3 consecutive days with at least 6 hours between 21-30°C to trigger the index​
Index increases 20 points each day with at least 6 hours between 21-30°C​
Index decreases 10 points each day with less than 6 hours between 21-30°C​
Index decreases 10 points on any day with a minimum temperature above 35°C​
An index of 60-100 indicates the pathogen is reproducing every 5 days​
An index of 0-30 indicates the pathogen is functioning minimally and reproductive rate is every 15 days or not at all​
Above is an interesting chart i found made for the grape/wine industry. It might coincide with us. Seems like temps under 21 c / 69.8 f lend to a slower reproduction. So I understand a bit more your joy with lower temps @Kingjoe83

If I remember right the Tut is mature in 55 days and the Pineapple chunk is 60 days. That's by the book. They will tell me when it's time. If the book time frame is close then it could happen any time after next week. Buds are beginning to take form and if they could make it another week or more then it will be a real bonus. Fear of trimming pencil size bud is subsiding. There will be plenty of that for oil and hash and whatnot. I needed to see some bud that can dry and smoke and it's on both plants now. Whew

Hiya stoneotter, Kingjoe,

Mineralize soil - I mix 6 parts calcium carbonate (all by volume), 5 parts soft rock sulphate, and 3 parts gypsum (as per Doc Buds early research journals), in the spring before planting. All minerals are able to be used immediately. I spread more dolemite lime in the fall as it takes a long time to break down for use.

I'm going to use a paint strainer bag for teas in the future. Put water in pail, put peels, coffee, shells, compost, etc... into strainer, put in pail for 2-3 days. Remove bag and use. Nutes can be changed just by changing material in bag. Easy peasy, lol.

If I remember right the Tut is mature in 55 days and the Pineapple chunk is 60 days. That's by the book. They will tell me when it's time. If the book time frame is close then it could happen any time after next week. Buds are beginning to take form and if they could make it another week or more then it will be a real bonus. Fear of trimming pencil size bud is subsiding. There will be plenty of that for oil and hash and whatnot. I needed to see some bud that can dry and smoke and it's on both plants now. Whew
I bought Pineapple chunk, and 1 out of 5 or 6 grew. The others all sprouted, but when moved to damp paper towel, died. But that one turned into a two yr. adventure. at that time, they were advertising them as 53 day strain and I remember several growers had them going for 10-11 weeks in bloom. Fortunately my one survivor was a true 53 day. It was a strain that stretched and just kept on stretching. Very unruly & difficult to grow, but probably the most potent smoke I've ever encountered . Best smell, best taste, but takes up more room space and gave me little golf ball size buds, and very low yield. My buddy is still cloning it, so i can get it back, but as i remember, I was happy to see it go.
Stay dry & green !!

Mineralize soil - I mix 6 parts calcium carbonate (all by volume), 5 parts soft rock sulphate, and 3 parts gypsum (as per Doc Buds early research journals), in the spring before planting. All minerals are able to be used immediately. I spread more dolemite lime in the fall as it takes a long time to break down for use.

I'm going to use a paint strainer bag for teas in the future. Put water in pail, put peels, coffee, shells, compost, etc... into strainer, put in pail for 2-3 days. Remove bag and use. Nutes can be changed just by changing material in bag. Easy peasy, lol.
Good easy recipe. Does it feeds microbe life in the soil?

I bought Pineapple chunk, and 1 out of 5 or 6 grew. The others all sprouted, but when moved to damp paper towel, died. But that one turned into a two yr. adventure. at that time, they were advertising them as 53 day strain and I remember several growers had them going for 10-11 weeks in bloom. Fortunately my one survivor was a true 53 day. It was a strain that stretched and just kept on stretching. Very unruly & difficult to grow, but probably the most potent smoke I've ever encountered . Best smell, best taste, but takes up more room space and gave me little golf ball size buds, and very low yield. My buddy is still cloning it, so i can get it back, but as i remember, I was happy to see it go.
Stay dry & green !!
Happy to see it go huh? I hope for the difficulty in growing and not the smoke. Buds are filling in enough so I'm not feeling bad about trimming a tree of larf. Day by day now. She smells fine outside, I can't wait to get her in the house and give her a sniff.

Is there any certain timing or every watering?

Stay dry & green !!
I swore I would never grow PC again, it was the most temperamental plant in veg but turned into Godzilla as soon as I flipped it. You're right it's excellent smoke but growing it gave me grey hairs I don't need! Lol

It's almost 4 pm and the suns out, big surprise, girls are dry and no pm in sight. Tut's buds are swelling today. Trichs milky with an amber sparingly in the groups. They might be just damaged there's so few. Pineapple chunk surprised me with a very noticeable trichome increase. Getting frosty. Buds could plump up some if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom