V4L's SeedsMan Comparative Grow: Banana Jealousy 2024

nice set up for the watering, peppers sound awesome, love my hot peppers i usually get about 5-6 different types from freinds & dry out & grind and just sprinkle on what i want spiced up
I'm hoping to make some Fermented hot sauce with the peppers. On the hunt for the perfect pepper...

That was such a a pretty little sprout 💚 the green an purple.. 💜 so pretty
After getting some light, the white tips on the cotyledons have turned purple as well.

IMG_4576.jpeg

After getting some light, the white tips on the cotyledons have turned purple as well.

IMG_4576.jpeg
Nice!
Makes me wish I'd started some Black Pearl or Explosive Ember seeds this year.

Go @DYNOMYCO !!! I’be dropping these ladies into the big pots in the next day or two.

IMG_4582.jpeg
IMG_4583.jpeg
IMG_4584.jpeg

Hey Vegan, what's them little rings you got going on in them pots? I was trying to find the post but I didn't see anything, it's got my curiosity up. Is that a watering system?
Yes a watering system, Blumat drip rings, although I am not using the Blumat carrots. They are being controlled with a timer that will open and close a water valve.

Happy Saturday fellow Gromies! Up pot complete! Today I put the plants in their final pots. I probably should have a few days ago as the ladies are getting hungry. I did a root drench while transplanting, I used 4 tablespoons of Mycos wettable powder and 1 teaspoon of Rootwise microbes mixed into 1 gallon of RO water. I removed plants from solo cups and soaked the roots in the mixture for about a minute for each plant, while carefully breaking up the roots at the bottom of the root ball. I also added approximately 1 teaspoon of @DYNOMYCO to each hole before planting.

IMG_4594.jpeg

I also planted six Count Mattcula pepper plants today! A couple of them are hard to see as they are dark purple.

IMG_4595.jpeg

Happy Monday! The ladies were looking much better last night a day after the up pot. I decided to give them a light feeding to help get the roots established in the new pots. I mixed 1 tspn of hydrolized fish fertilizer, 1/2 tspn of coconut water powder, 1/2 tspn water soluble kelp powder, 1/4 tspn Rootwise microbes. I mixed the above into one gallon of RO water and fed each of the ladies one pint of the solution. I fed the remaining to the peppers.

:passitleft:

IMG_4600.jpeg
IMG_4601.jpeg
IMG_4606.jpeg
IMG_4605.jpeg
IMG_4604.jpeg
IMG_4603.jpeg

Happy Monday! The ladies were looking much better last night a day after the up pot. I decided to give them a light feeding to help get the roots established in the new pots. I mixed 1 tspn of hydrolized fish fertilizer, 1/2 tspn of coconut water powder, 1/2 tspn water soluble kelp powder, 1/4 tspn Rootwise microbes. I mixed the above into one gallon of RO water and fed each of the ladies one pint of the solution. I fed the remaining to the peppers.

:passitleft:

IMG_4600.jpeg
IMG_4601.jpeg
IMG_4606.jpeg
IMG_4605.jpeg
IMG_4604.jpeg
IMG_4603.jpeg
looking good, the copper brillo around the inner ring is to keep dirt from plugging the holes ?

looking good, the copper brillo around the inner ring is to keep dirt from plugging the holes ?
I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me that… No the copper Brillo is to keep any stray slugs off of the plants. Apparently slugs do not like copper. I got a bit of a infestation during my last grow. I made some trap’s up cycling some water bottles and using dry cat food for bait. Which seemed to work. I just don’t want to take a chance of those slimy bastards chomping on my plants. There are slugs everywhere outside of my grow shed.

I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me that… No the copper Brillo is to keep any stray slugs off of the plants. Apparently slugs do not like copper. I got a bit of a infestation during my last grow. I made some trap’s up cycling some water bottles and using dry cat food for bait. Which seemed to work. I just don’t want to take a chance of those slimy bastards chomping on my plants. There are slugs everywhere outside of my grow shed.
ahhh! did not know that interesting i've heard if copper in a small open zip lock hung around doors & window to keep wasps & hornets away don't know if it works or not but can see this working as they come in contact with it

Put some solo cups in the garden, kinda halfway in the dirt and fill em 3rds away or sumthing of sort with beer. Cheap beer. For slugs.

Put some solo cups in the garden, kinda halfway in the dirt and fill em 3rds away or sumthing of sort with beer. Cheap beer. For slugs.
First thing I tried.... did not work... Then I read 1 tspn flour 1 tspn sugar 1/2 tspn yeast into 1 cup water, that did not work either . I always see the slugs eating cat food when my wife drops a few pieces on the porch. So I made some bottle traps and put about a tablespoon of dry cat food into each bottle, that did work. Video on how to make a bottle trap below.

Hehehe, personally I like slugs, I've got them huge ones in my yard, I give them bread and fruit. I'm surprised I have no snails.
It's cruel, and they will suffer immensely, you could always get salt and douse them with it. Just floss it around on their little slimy bodies. I guarantee they melt 🫠, then you'll just have yellowish pools of goop laying about the place..

Back
Top Bottom