Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Sorry you couldn't find the Gnatrol. I had to get mine online, which sucks, but the stuff works really well. I had the little bastards in every indoor plant in my whole house and they're pretty much gone already after 1 application. I'll probably do a second application though to make sure!!!!!

Plants are looking awesome!!!! I'm totally jealous and it's going to be a long time before I have anything like that to look at :yummy:

Really very glad to hear you're feeling better and love your attitude on the whole thing...

:peace: :circle-of-love:

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

They are looking great! A couple of the photos such as the third one looks very similar to DNA's Sharksbreath or Sour Cream

OMG! Beautiful...and very healthy!:cheer:

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Only half way? some of those look closer than that!!

I had thought about coke or some soda added in with all the talk of sugars and black strap molasses.. hmmmmm...must resist temptation to add coke now.lol

Hey Vape! They all look truly wonderful :thumb:
I am with Surf when he said only halfway, they do look a lot closer, but if so your in for one heck of a ride :)

Just out of curisoity, if you had to do it over would you still go with a SOG?

That first picture and then the group shot are just great and I sure hope you are able to take care of the gnats.
What you are doing is what I do and it works, so good luck with yours.

:peace:

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Just wow man! I just spent the morning going over your journal and I very impressed. You do an awesome job of explaining all that's going on. I'm loving everything about this grow, right down to those sweet ars pots. I'm def going to have to use those from the start when I get around to my first attempt. They really seem like a no brainer.

If you don't mind, could you put together a shopping list of everything needed to follow what your doing here? I know you told us throughout the thread, but it would be nice to have all that info on one post.

I'm also very interested in this Ice strain. Have you sampled it yet?

Subbed...hey you are my first sub. :nicethread:

Just wow man! I just spent the morning going over your journal and I very impressed. You do an awesome job of explaining all that's going on. I'm loving everything about this grow, right down to those sweet ars pots. I'm def going to have to use those from the start when I get around to my first attempt. They really seem like a no brainer.

If you don't mind, could you put together a shopping list of everything needed to follow what your doing here? I know you told us throughout the thread, but it would be nice to have all that info on one post.

Not only will he put together a shopping list for you, he'll mix up your soil for you, water your plants and even clean the glass on your reflectors!

Right Ice?

Sorry you couldn't find the Gnatrol. I had to get mine online, which sucks, but the stuff works really well. I had the little bastards in every indoor plant in my whole house and they're pretty much gone already after 1 application. I'll probably do a second application though to make sure!!!!!

Plants are looking awesome!!!! I'm totally jealous and it's going to be a long time before I have anything like that to look at :yummy:

Really very glad to hear you're feeling better and love your attitude on the whole thing...

:peace: :circle-of-love:

:thanks: MsMe!

The weather has been beautiful, and I've been feeling great, so consequently I've been busy trying to get caught up on all sorts of thinks around the house and yard!

The Gnatrol would have been more convenient but I think the mosquito dunks did the trick...I was just in there, and although there's still a few flying around, I'm not seeing anything going on in the pots. :thumb:

OMG! Beautiful...and very healthy!:cheer:

Thanks bro! I don't think the pics (or more accurately, my photography) with the HPS lighting really shows how they look...they are definitely not perfect...LARGE pots would have been amazing, but I think they are still the healthiest plants I've grown, and considering I'm growing organicly in 3 liter pots, I'm very happy! :)

Only half way? some of those look closer than that!!

I had thought about coke or some soda added in with all the talk of sugars and black strap molasses.. hmmmmm...must resist temptation to add coke now.lol

Hey Vape! They all look truly wonderful :thumb:
I am with Surf when he said only halfway, they do look a lot closer, but if so your in for one heck of a ride :)

Just out of curisoity, if you had to do it over would you still go with a SOG?

That first picture and then the group shot are just great and I sure hope you are able to take care of the gnats.
What you are doing is what I do and it works, so good luck with yours.

:peace:

Thanks bros! Keep in mind it's my first time flowing this strain...but the breeder says 8-10 weeks...which I read as 9-11 weeks since the breeder's seem to be overly optimistic more often than not. But I'll be watching them closely!

I would definitely do it again at this point. I'm extremely anxious to see what the end result will be though...so you might want to ask me again then!

Yeah, I think the gnats are just about done around here...I do feel a bit guilty for waging an unholy biological genocide as I look across the killing fields (err, sticky traps) filled with thousands of bodies though... Actually, no I don't...forget what I said about feeling guilty! :)

Thanks bro! I try to do my best...I just wish I had more time! :thanks: for stopping by, and :welcome: To 420 Magazine!

My shopping list for this grow was a relatively short one...just keep in mind I'm using a high quality potting mix that's about 30% compost. If I had used a standard peat mix, I would have added quite a bit of organic matter.

Coast of Maine Bar Harbor potting soil
Ground limestone, at least 90% CaCO3
Soft rock phosphate
Gypsum
Azomite
Coast of Maine Eggemoggin Blend hen manure
Neptune's Harvest fish/seaweed blend fertilizer
Nature's Own Soil Life & Activator
Yucca extract

The only other things I've used is some blackstrap molasses and mosquito dunks!

You'll also need to get or build some type of brewer setup for your compost tea. Microbial activity, along with the mineralization is the key here.

Just keep in mind this grow is an experiment, organics works better in larger pots...you should go check out Doc's journals to see what can be accomplished! A High Brix SOG in these small pots is somewhat of a compromise...I'll have more thoughts/recommendations at then end. :thumb:

I haven't sampled this strain yet...but I have HIGH hopes! :rofl:

Wow! Just Wow!

Too much to take in all at once, but started my Cerebral micro-herd! :thanks:

Thanks bro! Welcome!

Just keep repeating the mantra..."Feed the soil, not the plants." :)

:Namaste:

Thanks Vape! That would have taken me hours to dig back through the thread for that info. I also remember, didn't you change ferts at least once?

I have a thread of Doc's bookmarked for reading asap. :bravo:

Thanks Vape! That would have taken me hours to dig back through the thread for that info. I also remember, didn't you change ferts at least once?

I have a thread of Doc's bookmarked for reading asap. :bravo:

No problem bro! I guess the technicial answer would be, yes...but I didn't mention the switch because I only went from using Neptune's Harvest Fish Fertilizer and Seaweed Fertilizer separately, to using their fish/seaweed blend. Most of the organic vegetable growers I've talked to have said they use the blend just because it's easier. If you use the seperate products, the manufacturer recommends alternating feedings between fish and seaweed...but at the end of the day, it's the same stuff.

I did have to move up my fertilization schedule because the soil in my small pots ran out of energy...but that's a whole other discussion!

Hey man your doing an awesome job! Girls are lookin mighty fine. Myself I'm not big on the small containers, it does work but like you said issues come sooner and more frequent. Sog growing indoor is a great way to get a decent harvest quickly, my thoughts on sog is why not have one big grow bed. Just wondering if you have or would consider doing this again in one grow bed with the high number of plants? Would like to hear your thoughts on this. thx :peace:

Hey man your doing an awesome job! Girls are lookin mighty fine. Myself I'm not big on the small containers, it does work but like you said issues come sooner and more frequent. Sog growing indoor is a great way to get a decent harvest quickly, my thoughts on sog is why not have one big grow bed. Just wondering if you have or would consider doing this again in one grow bed with the high number of plants? Would like to hear your thoughts on this. thx :peace:

:thanks: brother! Small containers are definitely more of a pain...but I'm also liking the potential for the large/quick yield you speak of!

As for one large grow bed...you mean like fill the grow tray with soil and plant right in it? I don't think my tray and setup would work because of drainage...maybe if I put hydroton on the bottom, covered with landscaping fabric and then added soil...but it would only be 6 inches deep. I think that would work well with some kind of custom bed, but even then it seems like it would be a real bitch to maintain...at least in the 4x4 tray I'm using. I like being able to remove individual plants for whatever reason.

I really love the Air-Pots, but I could fit more soil for the same (or more) number of plants in the same tray if I used Emilie's Garden pots...They measure 6" square at the top and supposedly hold 1 dry gallon, which is one-eighth of a US Winchester bushel...why this archaic measurement of volume is still used is beyond me...but a dry gallon is also ~4.405 liters. That would work out to ~1.4 liters more per plant, or 68.6 liters/~18 more gallons (liquid gallons...thank you very much!) of soil total in the same tray/number of plants.

I said supposedly though, because I have one, and they don't seem that big. Maybe I'll tape up all the drain holes some day and see just how much they do hold.

The other thing I've been thinking about are my plant numbers...When I'm in the new room I'll have two trays side by side, and would have to cut back to 36 plants per tray to keep my plant numbers where I'd need them to be. With 36 plants, that would mean I could use 5 liter Air-Pots, or look into something like the Botanicare square pots. They have a 7" x 7" that holds 6 liters or an 8.5" x 8.5" that holds 10 liters. I think with the shape of them I could fit 36 of those larger ones into my tray. If they will fit, that might be a good option with more than 3 times the soil per plant that I have now.

Air-Post are a huge advancement for growing larger plants in smaller pots, or keeping plants longer term without concern for them becoming root bound...but for a SOG like I'm running the girls are only in there for maybe 13 weeks...so the benefit of 3x the soil would probably outweigh the benefit of the Air-Pot's root pruning...especially for organics/high Brix.

Anyway...just thinking out loud for the time being...

top job, as always for this whole grow, pictures look great

:thanks: I'm glad the pictures are okay...they give me fits trying to get a handful of decent ones...so I'm happy they are acceptable! I will take better ones some day when I get my new SLR, but for right now any extra money I have is going into the new rooms!

i was checking herbies out and found these, bit expensive but sounds like a stunning plant, its £470 or just under £500 so us dollars would be just under $1000 for 10, im thinking about starting my own religion, and ill be taking donations, and nope its got nothing to do with the price of seeds, honest, ill use the funds to preach, as if, but all donations welcome, lol, how can they justify charging prices like that, surely these seeds are no harder to get than lower priced seeds, i can understand it was probably a struggle to get the plants stable through breeding, but surely it stable now as they can sell the seeds so i dont really see why they can charge so much for these seeds,
if i had the money to take the risk then i would try it, but until i win the lottery its just not going to happen, but they look nice though, i just cant see how it costs that much to sell some seeds, unless the seeds are the very last few of their kind, then i could understand but surely they have kept some for breeding to get more seeds, they must of kept male and female seeds so they can carry the strain on, or am i missing something here
! Doggies Nuts Armageddon x Doggies Nuts Sirius Feminised Seeds - Doggies Nuts Armageddon x Doggies Nuts Sirius Feminised Seeds - Updated:22/05/2012

i was checking herbies out and found these, bit expensive but sounds like a stunning plant, its £470 or just under £500 so us dollars would be just under $1000 for 10, im thinking about starting my own religion, and ill be taking donations, and nope its got nothing to do with the price of seeds, honest, ill use the funds to preach, as if, but all donations welcome, lol, how can they justify charging prices like that, surely these seeds are no harder to get than lower priced seeds, i can understand it was probably a struggle to get the plants stable through breeding, but surely it stable now as they can sell the seeds so i dont really see why they can charge so much for these seeds,
if i had the money to take the risk then i would try it, but until i win the lottery its just not going to happen, but they look nice though, i just cant see how it costs that much to sell some seeds, unless the seeds are the very last few of their kind, then i could understand but surely they have kept some for breeding to get more seeds, they must of kept male and female seeds so they can carry the strain on, or am i missing something here
! Doggies Nuts Armageddon x Doggies Nuts Sirius Feminised Seeds - Doggies Nuts Armageddon x Doggies Nuts Sirius Feminised Seeds - Updated:22/05/2012

I've got some Doggies Nuts Big Bud seeds that came as a freebie...I popped one seed to see what it looked like, and it was nothing but problems so I culled the plant...

I don't care how good it is...It would be a pretty cold day in hell before I'd shell out $747.70 for ten seeds! Did you ever watch Weeds? Last season (I think) Nancy started charging BIG money for the same quality weed she was always selling. When the wealthy people she was selling to found out it cost that much they just HAD to have it! I'd guess you're seeing a similar marketing strategy here!
Just amazing! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom