Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

I did the epsom salts foliar last night on the budding plants.

My vegging plants have something going on. They've been in the tent for about A week and i haven't had a chance to hook up the exhaust fan, only the intake fan. Temps have been good.

Let me know what you think. They started drooping yesterday so got water with calmag today.

IMG_20160907_181656.jpg

IMG_20160907_181702.jpg

IMG_20160907_181718.jpg

IMG_20160907_181728.jpg

IMG_20160907_181742.jpg

They've perked up quite a bit since I watered them a few hours ago.

I also watered the George's with added Cal mag, 2 gallons each. They seem to be looking better already since the epsom foliar last night.

IMG_20160907_221020.jpg

Watered the clones. The veg girls look better today.

Bernice - Carnival
IMG_20160908_210208.jpg

Hillary - white widow X big bud
IMG_20160908_210248.jpg

Donna-Ld - money maker
IMG_20160908_210437.jpg

Clone #2 - alien abduction
IMG_20160908_210455.jpg

Any suggestions for beefing up odor filtration? I have a closed system with the carbon filter leading to the light which is enclosed then out of the tent where the exhaust fan is then through 10-15 ft of ducting and out the side of my garage which is 20ft from the street. I do have some dryer sheets stuffed in the hole where it exits the garage and one of those carbon filters used for ac. I'm standing in my driveway and getting faint wiffs and I know it's only going to get worse as I'm at about 35 days into flower. I may need to move the entire operation in the house sooner than planned (was going to when it started getting too cold.)

Any suggestions for beefing up odor filtration? I have a closed system with the carbon filter leading to the light which is enclosed then out of the tent where the exhaust fan is then through 10-15 ft of ducting and out the side of my garage which is 20ft from the street. I do have some dryer sheets stuffed in the hole where it exits the garage and one of those carbon filters used for ac. I'm standing in my driveway and getting faint wiffs and I know it's only going to get worse as I'm at about 35 days into flower. I may need to move the entire operation in the house sooner than planned (was going to when it started getting too cold.)

You could vent into the garage and try something like this in the garage:

DIY Odor Control Bucket

Thanks Krip! Do you think modifying that idea so the slightly stinky air passed through something like that before leaving the garage?

I'm thinking venting back into the garage will raise temps in the tents....?

You could try putting 4" or 6" holes on either side of the bucket (depending on the size of the duct hosing) with NO other vent holes and a lid on the bucket to seal the top. Then, run the exhaust through the bucket before leaving the garage.

I don't know how well all the air would mix with the Ona Gel that way, so not sure how much odor reduction you'd get, but it would be cheap & easy to test!

Thanks again Krip! I have the ona pro on order and in the mean time I stopped venting out of the garage and put a ball of yarn with a bunch of dryer sheets in the end of the ducting and it seems to be doing the trick. Will be figuring out my own version of the bucket, thinking about a smaller bucket with holes and the ona solution inside a bigger bucket where the air enters at the bottle and exits the top....or a long plastic tube with the ona solution on the bottom and airflow over the top...

The ladies are all doing ok, will post some pics later.

Looking great over here Ween:bravo:

Thanks Dirt. Gonna drop by your journals shortly to see how everything is going.

I got my ona gel and am not a fan of the smell. I hung my exhaust duct which is insulated into a 5 gallon bucket with two solo cups of ona in it and it's working but now th smell of ona is pretty strong. It's seems like back in college when we smoked pot in the dorm room and lit some insence which was a pretty sure sign of what was going on.

Wondering if I get a better carbon filter for in the flower tent and then exit through the one I'm using now, maybe that will do the trick so I don't have to use the ona.

Thanks Dirt. Gonna drop by your journals shortly to see how everything is going.

I got my ona gel and am not a fan of the smell. I hung my exhaust duct which is insulated into a 5 gallon bucket with two solo cups of ona in it and it's working but now th smell of ona is pretty strong. It's seems like back in college when we smoked pot in the dorm room and lit some insence which was a pretty sure sign of what was going on.

Wondering if I get a better carbon filter for in the flower tent and then exit through the one I'm using now, maybe that will do the trick so I don't have to use the ona.

OK Ween, that's it bud....i've bin listening to all your chit, chat for a while now about that ONA gel stuff....you like it? Tried it many years ago, it has very limited effectiveness. What you need is a carbon filter with an inline fan on it for that area, period bud. IMO, your wasting time , money etc on that stuff. Hope we're still good bud,...it's just that i wanna see ya with the right chit mon!:Namaste: Sue is using a combo i recommended to her , ask her for her thoughts ....Cheers Ween.:high-five:

Thanks Duggan. I have a carbon filter but it's obviously under sized so am going to get something better to put in the tent and then will put the one I have now at the end of the line. Does that sound like a plan?

I have an excellent exhaust fan, actually have 2. I'll go over to sues thread to see what you recommended but feel free to let me know here if you wish. I appreciate each and very piece of advice. If I cannot control the smell, I will not be able to continue with the hobby.

Ween the plants are looking amazing man, no frost but those buds are looking great :adore: I was also reading through your suggestions but not sure I am getting it since it is 4am :laughtwo: you could always make a diy filter with carbon pellets. Trying to figure out how Mr Krip is explaining it, on the exhaust you could run the bucket with ducting entering one side with PVC pipe (100mm/150mm which is either 4' or 6 inches), drill holes in the pipe then placing it horizontal through the bucket exiting on both sides with about 2-3 inches sticking out, fill the bucket with pellets, bucket would only be needed closed if your fan is setup -ducting to filter and then fan. If it is setup fan to duct to filter then it could be open. I guess this sounds like rambling :rofl: For what it is worth man, always try and DIY stuff makes it more fun and you could save some monies too

So at 42 days I've got some yellowing. I did an Epsom foliar a week ago. I read in noobs journal that a similar issue could be due to long veg time and mine vegged very long, like 4+ months. Could that be my problem? Any suggestions?

IMG_20160916_211145.jpg

IMG_20160916_211356.jpg

IMG_20160916_211457.jpg

IMG_20160916_211524.jpg

IMG_20160916_211754.jpg

IMG_20160916_211832.jpg

IMG_20160916_212123.jpg

IMG_20160916_212138.jpg

IMG_20160916_212216.jpg

Ween the plants are looking amazing man, no frost but those buds are looking great :adore: I was also reading through your suggestions but not sure I am getting it since it is 4am :laughtwo: you could always make a diy filter with carbon pellets. Trying to figure out how Mr Krip is explaining it, on the exhaust you could run the bucket with ducting entering one side with PVC pipe (100mm/150mm which is either 4' or 6 inches), drill holes in the pipe then placing it horizontal through the bucket exiting on both sides with about 2-3 inches sticking out, fill the bucket with pellets, bucket would only be needed closed if your fan is setup -ducting to filter and then fan. If it is setup fan to duct to filter then it could be open. I guess this sounds like rambling :rofl: For what it is worth man, always try and DIY stuff makes it more fun and you could save some monies too

Hey Pat! Good to see you. I may consider the DIY thing since I like doing stuff like that. When will you be back up and running?

Wanted to bring my yellowing post to this page.

Good morning Ween....with the fan/filter combo. This info is just what i think and recommend OK, others will have their ideas too.First off get a good quality 6inch inline exhaust fan like an Ostberg, couple that (properly) to a Can #33 carbon filter and either use it as a scrubber unit exhausting it back into your space or exhausting it out thru limited ducting and 90's or bends. Run that (oversized) combo at 70-80% only and you will be golden, period! SS has that combo i recommended to her and she loves it as do i. It was supposed to have a life span of around 18 months....i'm going on four years with that combo,...run at 75% like i suggest. Running the combo at a slightly lower speed helps the fan and filter last much longer . Remember , Ween with these carbon filters , it's NOT preferable to run them at 100 % ...think about it ...the longer the stinky air is in contact with the carbon,..the better the job it does. Being an electrician for more than 30 years has helped me understand this concept. however DO NOT run these inline fans slower than about 70 % though OK,..the windings will burn out eventually. As far as yellowing ....well , your not in Kit soil right? You sprayed the foiliars , right. Remember me saying about the laxative effect that has on the plants......you had a very long veg time too , right...that soil is exhausted and needs help but you have them in supersoil or something correct? If they were in kit soil for too long i would suggest a super Drench with Doc's gear but i'm just not sure what your soil make up is so.....Any Q's. please ask Ween...lets get you sorted out and this crop harvested so you can move on with Doc's gear OK! Have an awesome day my friend!:Namaste:

Hey Duggan! I have regular organic soil in #7's. I top dressed them with Doc's soil on 8/26. Should I top dress with some EWC?

The clones I took from these big plants to check their sex went 76 days but I had the LED light on bloom only, not on grow too so not sure if the big plants will go that long...?

I do have 2 very nice fans, 1 for bloom tent and 1 for veg tent, both 442 CFM. my carbon filter is a 4" and is hanging in the tent, duct leads to the closed hid light then out the tent which is where the fan hangs then I have about 12' of insulated ducting that was leading out the side of my garage but now hangs down into the bucket with ona gel and water.

a can 6" #33 carbon filter is on order but want to make sure I set it up right. I also have speed control set at 70% or so.

Do you have any photos of how I should set up my system or does my set up sound ok, just too small carbon filter?

Watered the candidates with calmag. 4 gallons

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom