Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

Hi Duggan!

Just a couple pics of the ladies legs. Gave em a little shave after the pic was taken.

Is this where the expression "rule of thumb" came from?

IMG_20160830_220430.jpg

IMG_20160830_212233.jpg

Will probably get a 2nd fan and will also need another light panel. I have a hid mh/hps 600w dim able, 2 Mars hydro 205w 96 LEDs plus a variety of cfls. Suggestions for me range lights, I'd rather not spend $1000 but 300-500 is not out of the question or I could get the same hid set up for $165 with hangars, a timer plus mh and hps bulbs so I would have extras.
In our flower room we have an 8" fan and filter and a 6" fan and filter for the light. Temps never get above 81 degrees. No smell whatsoever also. We went LED in flower since more lights equals more heat. In a 4x4 I would recommend LED since heat was our biggest issue with the HPS. But the one HPS we have rocks it in flower. I can put my hand 6" away from the cool tube and it's not hot. So it all comes down to personal preference.

Good morning. :passitleft:

Thanks Nis! I'm actually considering the perfect sun 1000 but it's very pricey. I'd need to also consider a light mover too which seems like overkill in a 4X4. My new tent arrives today.....
I want one of those also lol. But this Amare SE 450 UVB did awesome for us. I'm going to do an update tonight on what she gave us for her first run and we are quite happy with it. :thumb:

That's a nice tree you have there Weenmeoff!

Thank you Dank brother!

Got the new tent set up, now the ladies have a little elbow room. Pics is before I finished setting up. There is a Mars hydro 205w 96 LED and I'm looking for more light. Very interested in the perfect sun 1000 or 500 and have to look at the amare one Nis suggested.

IMG_20160831_175940.jpg

Hi Duggan!

Just a couple pics of the ladies legs. Gave em a little shave after the pic was taken.

Is this where the expression "rule of thumb" came from?

IMG_20160830_220430.jpg

IMG_20160830_212233.jpg

Hey Ween hope your day was groovin bud! Ya , you gave her a lil shave , i see. Good job, i can see the light right there , so you have a good solid 16" of canopy? Any issues with her bud or has she behaved well for ya?

Overall they have been doing very well. There were a bunch of leaves turning yellow due to no light getting to them but they have all been clipped and the underside of all three have been shaved pretty good. Should I continue to remove leaves so light and air can get through? I don't want to take off too many.

No, don't remove any more leaves except those little ones i see down low there, get rid of stuff like that and ANY little shoots deep inside that are hard to see, ya gotta really clean her up proper , otherwise when ya harvest , i guarantee, the first thing ya say to yourself is "what the hell is this,..i shoulda trimmed this off" know what i mean Ween. Just get rid of the real small stuff down low , i can't tell about the rest of it from that pic. Anyhow , later bud, have a great night. :thumb:

Thanks Duggs! Those pics are before trimming. I only took leaves that were yellow or directly blocking a bud and took all the small stuff. Will snap a few pics tomorrow.

I fed the George's full strength nutes, 6 gallons between the 3.

Good luck to all the OTM nominees!

Veg tent update. No more dog cage for the ladies. Took delivery of and set up the Apollo 4X4 yesterday. It took maybe 15-20 minutes. Lots of ports, like the zippers. Only one issue, when tying on the spill tray one of the ties ripped, I was able to tour with one tie.

Bernice - Carnival
IMG_20160901_083302.jpg

Hillary - white widow big bud
IMG_20160901_083420.jpg

Clones from the George's - alien abduction, the bigger one is #2 as 1&3 didn't take the first time. The small ones are 1&3 two of each.
IMG_20160901_083410.jpg

Donna-LD - money maker
IMG_20160901_083358.jpg

The gang in their new digs.
IMG_20160901_083333.jpg

The small clones all received either a top or a FIM, I should've done this much earlier. The others received a top and a FIM with the exception of my Carnival which received 4 tops/fims. I hope that wasn't going overboard. I tied Donna and Hillary down some more.

Lovely looking ladies you have there. Yeah we had one of those ties rip on us as well. Not a big deal in my book. Meh. I like the opening on the side to get to the back girls if you can't take them out like in a SCROG. :thumb:

Have a good night ween. :passitleft:

Thanks Nis! I do like the side openings and that there's lots of port holes! I also like the zippers.

Not sure why I waited so long to get hangers for my lights, the hid has them but nor the LEDs. So I want to make sure I have them at the right heights. My HPS is about 20" above 2 flowering girls and the 205w 96 LED is about 12-16" above the tallest bids and 18-20" above the rest of the canopy.

The same LED is about 24 inches above my vegging plants. It seems to be working fine as is but if they should be closer or further, I'd like to remedy with my new hangers.

Bernice got her restraints tightened and a few more added.

IMG_20160902_221904.jpg

A couple bud shots

IMG_20160902_215701.jpg

IMG_20160902_215631.jpg

Rock on!

:theband:

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone. It's a beautiful day here, I hope the same is true for you!

Another question about lights, the 2 George's under the HPS are looking a little pale while the one under the LED looks pretty good. I have another led, should I put it in the flower tent and move the hid to the veg tent? I'd put in the MH bulb of course. Or should I look at them under some white light?

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone. It's a beautiful day here, I hope the same is true for you!

Another question about lights, the 2 George's under the HPS are looking a little pale while the one under the LED looks pretty good. I have another led, should I put it in the flower tent and move the hid to the veg tent? I'd put in the MH bulb of course. Or should I look at them under some white light?

The plant should not have a bad reaction to the HPS unless they're too close (or way too far! :) ) from it.

My guess would be some other issue.

Is she "pale" all over or just in the lower growth?

Can you post pics?

The plant should not have a bad reaction to the HPS unless they're too close (or way too far! :) ) from it.

My guess would be some other issue.

Is she "pale" all over or just in the lower growth?

Can you post pics?

Pale all over but odd that 2 of 3 are pale since I do the same for all 3. Will post pics later when I get home but you can kind of see it in my last bud pic. Thanks Krip!

Pale all over but odd that 2 of 3 are pale since I do the same for all 3. Will post pics later when I get home but you can kind of see it in my last bud pic. Thanks Krip!

That looks a possible slight Magnesium deficiency, but would love to see some better pics. Mag is one of the first nutes to get locked out with improper PH.

You can ID a mag deficiency by yellowing between the veins of the leaves (called, "intervenal chlorosis").

Make sure your PH is in range and it should work itself out, and adding a little cal-mag won't hurt. In the mean time, a foliar feed with epsom salts should help.

Back
Top Bottom