Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

Hey duggs! All is well here, I hope the same is true for you. Anyone reading this who hasn't voted in the MOTM, please throw your vote duggans way! While there are some other great candidates, duggs is currently in the lead with only one member, the beast, in close contention. Duggan is pretty much the mayor of this here forum. Good luck buddy!

+23

IMG_20160828_211114.jpg

IMG_20160828_211128.jpg

IMG_20160828_211107.jpg

Thanks guys! I trimmed some but will do more. Should I trim everything that is below the canopy?

NO, don't get too crazy , just remove all that lil growth from about a foot down from the canopy...anything below about 16 inches or so just doesn't get enough lite to make it worth it. You want to encourage growth at the top foot or so ...this growth should get all the energy the plant can give. By trimming off all that lil stuff the energy goes into the main canopy growth. Cheers bud!

Ween your ladies are looking fantastic. I can tell already you have the skill to do this quite well. :bravo:

Thanks Nis! I had a LOT of help from you and many others here which is much appreciated.

I think I'm going to need to put off the grow shed for now, too many variables not working out.

I am gonna need a new veg tent as the dog cage isn't working out great, it's a pita to care for them in such a small space. So I am thinking a 3'x4'x5'. Does that sound like a good size? I currently have 8 vegging plants and will not be doing more than that. My 4x4 is from gorilla which is fine but am opened to suggestions for other brands.

Thanks Nis! I had a LOT of help from you and many others here which is much appreciated.

I think I'm going to need to put off the grow shed for now, too many variables not working out.

I am gonna need a new veg tent as the dog cage isn't working out great, it's a pita to care for them in such a small space. So I am thinking a 3'x4'x5'. Does that sound like a good size? I currently have 8 vegging plants and will not be doing more than that. My 4x4 is from gorilla which is fine but am opened to suggestions for other brands.
Ours are Apollo tents and they are cheaper in price. No light leaks or any issues with the zippers. Plenty of Port holes for cords and ducting. The material I'm guessing is a bit thinner than gorilla, but that's the only difference. We have a 4x4x6' 8" and a 4x2x5 and I wouldn't want to veg in the 4x2 unless I had to. If you have the room or want to grow a monster, a 4x4 would be best. Hell get a 8x4 tent lol.

4X8 is not happening, I wish. I might be able to swing a 5X5 so if I did, outdoor I use it for veg or put my flowering girls in there and use the 4X4 for veg? The flowering girls are pretty tightly packed in the 4X4 but I'm managing. I currently have the 1 foot height extension on it making it like 7' 11" or something like that which is way overkill since my plants are like 2 feet tall or so.

4X8 is not happening, I wish. I might be able to swing a 5X5 so if I did, outdoor I use it for veg or put my flowering girls in there and use the 4X4 for veg? The flowering girls are pretty tightly packed in the 4X4 but I'm managing. I currently have the 1 foot height extension on it making it like 7' 11" or something like that which is way overkill since my plants are like 2 feet tall or so.
It's a completely different style of growing I have noticed when height doesn't become an issue. Our first ones we did were about 2' tall but now...they are atleast double. I am 6' tall and they come up to my chest. It's a hell of a sight to see. :laughtwo:

I went for an Apollo 4X4 so I essentially will have 4X8, one veg one bloom. Question, will I need a separate exhaust fan or can I get a splitter? I have an iPower 6 inch 442 CFM.

It largely will depend on temps, but I'm guessing you'll need another fan, especially if you'll have two carbon filters. Each carbon filter alone will knock about 30% off the CFM rating and any bends in the ducting will further lower the CFM's.

If you wanted a single fan with a splitter, I would guess you'd need at LEAST an 8" or a 10" (probably a 10" or 12"!) and, if using high watt HPS, probably a 12".

It largely will depend on temps, but I'm guessing you'll need another fan, especially if you'll have two carbon filters. Each carbon filter alone will knock about 30% off the CFM rating and any bends in the ducting will further lower the CFM's.

If you wanted a single fan with a splitter, I would guess you'd need at LEAST an 8" or a 10" (probably a 10" or 12"!) and, if using high watt HPS, probably a 12".

Will probably get a 2nd fan and will also need another light panel. I have a hid mh/hps 600w dim able, 2 Mars hydro 205w 96 LEDs plus a variety of cfls. Suggestions for me range lights, I'd rather not spend $1000 but 300-500 is not out of the question or I could get the same hid set up for $165 with hangars, a timer plus mh and hps bulbs so I would have extras.

Back
Top Bottom