What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Nice grow Jim.. man your done well with that pv. All of them.. but that pv, beautiful :passitleft:

I haven't used calmag in my last 2 grows. I'm fairly certain that my girls are needing some so I'm be adding molasses or Epson salt to my water for the magnesium.

I had been saving lots of egg shells to make Potassium phosphate per Emilya's tutorial that you can find here: Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells

So I just added the vinegar and have to let it ferment for 20 days so in 3 weeks I'll be back in business. I will add one caveat here. This stuff will add a very intense odor to your home.

As always....Emmie's tutorial is straight forward and easy to understand with all the pictures. Have fun if you're adventurous. :rofl:

I thought I had posted this earlier. If I did post it somewhere else it's because I'm stoned.

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 66

I salute all of the Veterans today. Thank you for your service.

In the tent it smells as something has died. Not road kill skunk, but an old pear that's laid under the tree....really ripe fruit. The PV and BD clone seem to be the culprits here. They're all getting a little long in the tooth and are letting me know.

If I wasn't looking closely with the loupe, I would just guess that harvest will be next week. The loupe just tells me that trichs are just getting more cloudy. What else could they do? Everything I've experienced and seen here tell me they don't stay clear forever and eventually turn milky and then you spot a few ambers and chop chop...

My second bowl of the day was Amherst Sour Diesel. First bowl was Chemdawg. I haven't spent much time with the ASD. It's a little head lifter with a short heart thumping. I think it's the next candidate for infused olive oil. Yep...that's what I'm going to do one day.

Have a great day folks...:love:

I got some more nice pictures.

Blue Dream clone. She's getting there.

DSC_037317.JPG

Pakistan Valley....stinking up the joint.

DSC_037616.JPG

Lower part of the PV

DSC_037816.JPG

BD bud

DSC_038318.JPG

PV bud

DSC_038619.JPG

BD S1 small pot

DSC_039020.JPG

Hempy and small pot corner

DSC_039425.JPG

The hempy BDs.

DSC_039720.JPG

The comparison shot of the 1 gal hempy pot and 1 gal soil pot

DSC_040023.JPG

The BD S1 seed in hempy. Note the fan leaf and bud site opposing each other on the branch. She acts like a seed plant.

DSC_039827.JPG

The BD S1 seed plant in soil. Note the alternating nodes. She acts like a clone.

DSC_040324.JPG

DSC_040422.JPG

DSC_040621.JPG

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 69

69 days seems like a long time. Crap...that's almost 10 weeks. I guess the good thing here is that almost all the trichomes regardless of strain is mostly cloudy. It's slow motion cloudiness but they're getting there. It reminds me of the NCIS series when Mark Harmon says "Working on it."

My plants aren't changing much....buds getting thicker with odd foxtail growth. I have the BD S1 hempy that gives all appearances that she wants to hermie. There are two areas that concern me but then again, I think I may harvest all the small plants tomorrow. I might just do that in the spirit of testing.

Pix galore:

My view of the team each morning. PK (front right) is monster. I just love how she's grown.

DSC_042022.JPG

Pakistan Valley. Trouble free and beautiful. All that growing and canopy fairly level.

DSC_042316.JPG

Top of Blue Dream S1. That cola is getting thicker.

DSC_042519.JPG

Blue Dream clone. She's got some horsey colas too.

DSC_042819.JPG

Hempy and small pot corner.

DSC_043115.JPG

Blue Dream buds

DSC_043417.JPG

DSC_043515.JPG

DSC_0435a.jpg

PK bud

DSC_044517.JPG

DSC_0445a.jpg

The hempies. Some trimming of ugly leaves. Another nice pile for the compost tumbler.

DSC_044617.JPG

DSC_044715.JPG

DSC_044914.JPG

Comparison of the 1 gal hempy and soil girls. Hempy is 33 inches and soil is 35 inches from surface of the table.

DSC_045213.JPG

DSC_045715.JPG

DSC_046014.JPG

Center left is where I think that nanner is developing.

DSC_0460a.jpg

The neglected clone tent. I've tried to pay them a little more attention recently. Last week all of the variegated plants went to the compost tumbler. That cull should have been done week one. We live and learn.

Basically....PK clones on right, BDs on the left.

DSC_046613.JPG

One BD clone (front left) got organic nutrients about 10 days ago. The other (left rear) suffers from too much pruning and a little over-watering. All the rest got organic nutes this week so we'll see if they get happier.

DSC_046815.JPG

It seems like it's taken me all morning to post this. I had a friend to call which kept me occupied for a while. Good friend. I wish we could get together more often.

Have a great day folks. I'll probably rake leaves after they've dried a bit. :love:

Very nice Jim. The garden is lush and smoke-able.

Gotta agree on the little hermie plant. She is not thinking about it, she already has.
While not the norm, it does happen late in flower from time to time. You said that
you were harvesting anyway. No harm, no foul.

Cheers.

Very nice Jim. The garden is lush and smoke-able.

Gotta agree on the little hermie plant. She is not thinking about it, she already has.
While not the norm, it does happen late in flower from time to time. You said that
you were harvesting anyway. No harm, no foul.

Cheers.

Thanks....I've learned some things during this grow. Yeah...I went back and found that bud. She grew a pair. I'm also thinking it's a late flower deal. Totally harmless what she's done. Annual plants just want to make some seeds for some reason.....a desire to extend their genetics.

What ditch said :thumb: :passitleft:

Thanks Mr Am4zin. It's all going to work out. :passitleft:

MagicJim said:
Center left is where I think that nanner is developing.

DSC_0460a.jpg

Spotted it right off. :laughtwo: Once burned...... Good thing it's so late and there's no danger, and you'll be harvesting her.

The tempting Blue Dream shots make me anxious to get mine to that stage Jim. Mine smells so delicious. She enjoys teasing me, I can tell. :laughtwo:

You're right. Things always work out. :passitleft:

I haven't used calmag in my last 2 grows. I'm fairly certain that my girls are needing some so I'm be adding molasses or Epson salt to my water for the magnesium.

I had been saving lots of egg shells to make Potassium phosphate per Emilya's tutorial that you can find here: Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells

So I just added the vinegar and have to let it ferment for 20 days so in 3 weeks I'll be back in business. I will add one caveat here. This stuff will add a very intense odor to your home.

As always....Emmie's tutorial is straight forward and easy to understand with all the pictures. Have fun if you're adventurous. :rofl:

Try some kelp meal and soak it in water and add that to your watering pale... will take the place of a need for cal/mag, or any other source of Ca or any other macro or micro nutrient. I usually add kelp Meal and EWC to water and water that in..

Good to hear your shoulder is feeling a little better. Sounds like you have a click in there and when it hits that click ouchy?? Can get PT for that, you'd be surprised how a little PT helps. I had that in one of my Achilles tendons, got PT and its almost gone...before I could hardly walk. I have a click in my right should from swimming, its a common stress for swimmers. I just try not to make my shoulder click. There's some exercises you can do to help it... PT FTW. Try most anything b-4 knife. I see a lot of guys with those should scars, right where mine clicks. ouch just thinking about it.

You plants look pretty close to finish... great job buddy it won't be long now. Weather looks like cloudy with a few layers of frostiness!

Warm up that shoulder for some wood chopping!! hahaha

Nanner confirmed... That's a sign, eh?

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 72

So I surely hoped that a harvest would be near but trichomes are not cooperating. Now that I'm down to the Big 3 in the tent I can get in there and give all the girls a closer look. Stuff is still getting milky. I've been able to run full spectrum here during the last 2 days as outside temperature has moderated. 63 F high outside yesterday. 86 F high in tent. So they're still not there.

A PK bud I removed this morning about 8 inches from top of the cola.

DSC_055116.JPG

DSC_055315.JPG

DSC_055413.JPG

DSC_055514.JPG

Anything appearing as amber is a reflection.

DSC_0552a.jpg

All the hempies and the 1 gal soil girl were harvested 2 days ago (flip + 70). The hempies had the weakest stems I've ever grown. The weren't very sticky so I don't expect them to be very potent. The buckets were full of fresh roots slightly off white but everything passed my smell test. The perlite had the Osmocote + prills in there. I smashed between my fingers one empty one. I don't assume they were all empty.

I'd rather work with my soil.

DSC_045213.JPG

DSC_044914.JPG

DSC_047211.JPG

Throw Back

I had to dig into my jars to find some nugs of Jack Herer. I wanted some Jack Herer. So when I found them I decided to take some photos. These were jarred July 10, 2016. Potency still there too!

DSC_054118.JPG

DSC_054223.JPG

DSC_054420.JPG

DSC_054713.JPG

DSC_054818.JPG

DSC_054915.JPG

So that's it folks. Have a great day! :love:

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 73​

My whole day is spent in amusement I think. The girls got bubbled water this morning just for kicks. Of course it was planned yesterday when I started bubbling the water.

Buds are getting there. I'll have to look into the watts of a MH Mars II 900 running only bloom spectrum. I've been running full spectrum most of this week trying to get the girls to finish here. Just bit different way of doing something. For the most part, plants are still green. BD clone has that lime green fade that I love to see.

How does one gain more patience with his plants? I guess by watching a little closer. Just have a firm belief in all the old timers around here that will tell you to be patient and flavor, terpenes and potency will all be there.

Some change is good and makes me feel like I am nearing the end so I'll accept that. Acceptance that it takes time to grow connoisseur grade herb helps too. Here's some interesting facts. Pakistan Valley sprouted 146 days ago and BD from S1 seed is 137 days old.

Just more pictures for your enjoyment.

DSC_0558_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0560_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0567_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0567a_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0570_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0574_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0576_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0576a_-_Copy.jpg

My wake n bake this morning was a joint found cleaning out my car. I'm pretty sure it's Chemdawg. :passitleft:

Time for some hydrotherapy for me now. :love:

Congrats on the harvest... always nice to see stems up! Great job on the hempies. :bravo:

On your lamp... I always ran my Mars II lamps full on. Probably why they only lasted 4 seasons.... I cooked a bunch of the diodes. Always got a great harvest with lots of terpines and frost from them.

The BD looks like she's a bunch closer to finish than the PKV??

Patience... is a thing... can't hurry mother nature. Hang in there, you've made it this long... what's a few more weeks.

I was never disappointed waiting a little longer. Can't say the same about harvesting early.

Congrats on the harvest... always nice to see stems up! Great job on the hempies. :bravo:

On your lamp... I always ran my Mars II lamps full on. Probably why they only lasted 4 seasons.... I cooked a bunch of the diodes. Always got a great harvest with lots of terpines and frost from them.

The BD looks like she's a bunch closer to finish than the PKV??

Patience... is a thing... can't hurry mother nature. Hang in there, you've made it this long... what's a few more weeks.

I was never disappointed waiting a little longer. Can't say the same about harvesting early.

Well...the hempy harvest along with the 1 gal soil plant really wasn't very successful and to be honest I was just getting tired of it all. I may one day try it again but I didn't find it in my wheel house. I jarred us 18 grams and have 9 grams in the fridge attempting a lo and slow cure. I think it all might eventually go to the #hashbag.

I didn't spend much time with them yesterday as I had other activities. All the buds of all the plants look to be in the same state...almost all cloudy and not an amber to be seen. That's all ok with me except that I probably won't be harvesting until after Thanksgiving. I'm sure it's possible for them to go a few more weeks.

Pics from this morning. Flash went off on a few. I like what the extra light does sometimes.

IMG_516711.JPG

IMG_517010.JPG

IMG_51719.JPG

IMG_517211.JPG

IMG_517410.JPG

IMG_51779.JPG

IMG_51789.JPG

IMG_51808.JPG

IMG_518312.JPG

IMG_51847.JPG

Bubbling 2 gallons of water for their breakfast tomorrow. :love:

Well...the hempy harvest along with the 1 gal soil plant really wasn't very successful and to be honest I was just getting tired of it all. I may one day try it again but I didn't find it in my wheel house. I jarred us 18 grams and have 9 grams in the fridge attempting a lo and slow cure. I think it all might eventually go to the #hashbag.

I didn't spend much time with them yesterday as I had other activities. All the buds of all the plants look to be in the same state...almost all cloudy and not an amber to be seen. That's all ok with me except that I probably won't be harvesting until after Thanksgiving. I'm sure it's possible for them to go a few more weeks.

Pics from this morning. Flash went off on a few. I like what the extra light does sometimes.

IMG_516711.JPG

IMG_517010.JPG

IMG_51719.JPG

IMG_517211.JPG

IMG_517410.JPG

IMG_51779.JPG

IMG_51789.JPG

IMG_51808.JPG

IMG_518312.JPG

IMG_51847.JPG

Bubbling 2 gallons of water for their breakfast tomorrow. :love:
Wow looking Amazing Jim!!