X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

I'm in on this one as well, really interested in the autoflowers... good luck man :popcorn:

X are you or anyone familiar with humidity range in veg cycle mine averages around 47% to 50% an temps average around 75-77 degrees

*This is in my grow lab tent *

Hey Crower -

I think "optimal" for veg would be 60-70%rh (relative humidity) but 47-50% will do just fine I think. Your temps are great. Optimal temps are probably 70-85%f. I like to think of it like this: Cannabis likes the same temps as we do, and if it'd be too hot or cold for me, it will be for my plants, too.

I really have a hard time getting enough RH during veg, and my current seedling is struggling some because of it. Gonna get creative - so funny that you brought this up! I bought a anti-microbial sponge (actually mophead) tonight that I'm going to try sticking in there (wet with RO water and a fan blowing on it). My RH is a pathetic 38% today, and I need to do something. Argh.

In flower, you want to stay below 60%rh, but I like to stay below 50% if possible as it limits possible mold/fungus contamination risk and it promotes better resin production.

I don't do clones, but I think for cloning you want something over 80%rh or even 90% if possible.

One thing I'd like to note, and I think it's a biggie: Many hygrometers (humidity gauges) are total crap. In my experience, most are total crap. The best I've been able to get ahold of is called a Caliber III, here's a link:

Amazon.com: CALIBER III DIGITAL HYGROMETER 4 CIGAR HUMIDOR: Home & Garden

1663485608490.png

I have tried several, and this is the first one I trust. You'll find a lot of people here are using it and seem to like it. You might be surprised at how completely unreliable most are. Total garbage.

I'm in on this one as well, really interested in the autoflowers... good luck man :popcorn:

Hey Nap - So glad you hopped over to my new journal. Thanks buddy. Great to have you here - :thumb:

Wish I had a little more going on, but hopefully she'll grow up to make me proud! ;)

Hey Crower -

I think "optimal" for veg would be 60-70%rh (relative humidity) but 47-50% will do just fine I think. Your temps are great. Optimal temps are probably 70-85%f. I like to think of it like this: Cannabis likes the same temps as we do, and if it'd be too hot or cold for me, it will be for my plants, too.

I really have a hard time getting enough RH during veg, and my current seedling is struggling some because of it. Gonna get creative - so funny that you brought this up! I bought a anti-microbial sponge (actually mophead) tonight that I'm going to try sticking in there (wet with RO water and a fan blowing on it). My RH is a pathetic 38% today, and I need to do something. Argh.

In flower, you want to stay below 60%rh, but I like to stay below 50% if possible as it limits possible mold/fungus contamination risk and it promotes better resin production.

I don't do clones, but I think for cloning you want something over 80%rh or even 90% if possible.

One thing I'd like to note, and I think it's a biggie: Many hygrometers (humidity gauges) are total crap. In my experience, most are total crap. The best I've been able to get ahold of is called a Caliber III, here's a link:

Amazon.com: CALIBER III DIGITAL HYGROMETER 4 CIGAR HUMIDOR: Home & Garden

1663485595437.png

I have tried several, and this is the first one I trust. You'll find a lot of people here are using it and seem to like it. You might be surprised at how completely unreliable most are. Total garbage.

X Im running something similar to that an is very accurate much appreciated with that info it will help out alot

I get the chair with the big cushions! :Rasta:

Good to have you back, OMM - how did you know I saved that seat for you? My little auto-grow is kinda puny compared to what you'll be able to do in the Matterhorn. :)

Sure you glad you moved to the new thread with me. :thumb:

Looking good so far Xlr8, can't wait to see what you can do with an auto.

Thanks man - should be fun as this is my first auto. I'm really curious as to how this'll go. Glad your aboard buddy! :)

I've been having issues dealing with low humidity - we moved to a new house not that long ago, and I swear it's impossible to keep the humidity where I want it here.

It's difficult to fit a little humidifier in there due to weigh/size, so I picked up an antimicrobial sponge and put a little fan in there blowing on it as well as some damp paper towels that I can rewet. So far it's helped considerably to bring the humidity up and it's brought some green back to the leaves.

Humidity had caused another issue - she was drinking up a disproportionate amount of water compared to nutes and it had driven the PPM up to an undesirable level. Fortunately, I'm hoping to be getting this under control now, but it's a big, hands on, manual battle.

I've been having issues dealing with low humidity - we moved to a new house not that long ago, and I swear it's impossible to keep the humidity where I want it here.

It's difficult to fit a little humidifier in there due to weigh/size, so I picked up an antimicrobial sponge and put a little fan in there blowing on it as well as some damp paper towels that I can rewet. So far it's helped considerably to bring the humidity up and it's brought some green back to the leaves.

Humidity had caused another issue - she was drinking up a disproportionate amount of water compared to nutes and it had driven the PPM up to an undesirable level. Fortunately, I'm hoping to be getting this under control now, but it's a big, hands on, manual battle.

I went to my local walgreens/drugstore, they had really tiny humidifiers for around $15, works perfect in my 2' x 2' cab. Have you tried that outlet yet?

I went to my local walgreens/drugstore, they had really tiny humidifiers for around $15, works perfect in my 2' x 2' cab. Have you tried that outlet yet?

Hi w1sest - Checked there yesterday, but I don't think I saw it - do you know what the model/brand is? Thanks for the heads up!

yeah one of those infant vaporizers that you use when babies have the dry nose would work just fine i think...they are like 19 bucks at walgreens or CVS drug stores

just ask the manager for one :)

Holy sh*t I dont think you remember me old havent seen you around I use to follow your forms brother...

Hi Old Friend:Rasta:

I still have a journal going on, it's the one under my name as "ripped off".
Name tells it all. It's in the closed journals and about to be finished. Will have another one up, hopefully next week. Good to see you! :thumb:

Here's a compact one for $40 on walgreens site. Crane-1 Gallon Warm Mist Humidifier | Walgreens They have a ton of models check em out just be careful not to put the "steam" it makes against your res it will heat it up haha

Here's another same price dimensions are 4" x 2.5" x 3" very compact one
Sunpentown-Portable Mini Humidifier | Walgreens

Hi w1sest - Those look like they'd work - second one especially, though it looks like they are only available online. I may have to order something online as the stores here have very limited selections in person. For now the low budget jury rigging is helping quite a bit. Very cool that you took the time to post those links. :thanks:

yeah one of those infant vaporizers that you use when babies have the dry nose would work just fine i think...they are like 19 bucks at walgreens or CVS drug stores

just ask the manager for one :)

Thanks Nap - I'll have to look into that too - I checked both CVS and Walgreens locally and nothing seemed quite right for the money. Thanks guys for the great ideas - I really truly appreciate it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom