Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

you dont have to use the stones . some people use them . it helped keep my flora nova nutes mixed up it also adds o2 jm2c :bong:

Hi Social - I can see how that would help keep things as mixed as possible. I think this is one of those issues where success can be had either way, and there are probably benefits to either way as well.

I can think of no reason to aerate your E&F res. Plenty normal flow happens.

I'd like to see his credentials :) Did the manufacturer include the stuff?(rhetorical)

Propa, appreciate your opinion, and I value it. I am pretty sure Mr. Smith and a few others agree with you, and I suspect that the extra aeration isn't necessary. I do believe science probably supports your opinion that it's not necessary, but this seems to be an age old debate - where both sides see success. I'm probably going to start without the stones, but I have them if I need them. We'll see...

I know nothing about hydro but I know Gator knows shit,I do know that.
:peacetwo:

From what I've discerned, I agree Spike - 100%!

You got her Bud,Pos. vibes to your gro,Bro.:morenutes:

Thanks my friend. Super appreciated.

@Propa Gator: seems we have a bit of a dispute of opinions hehe. Well im not saying youre wrong in any way. Youve got much more experience over me thats for sure. I'm not trying to be a know it all neither, just to make that clear. Dont you just hate when people misunderstand youre writing attitude? Anyways im just responding to say i believe aeration of the rez will not damage any of the components of the flo n gro set up. I put the stone in my rez because thats how they had the display model in the hydro store i go to. Man let me tell you!! Those plants were monsters!! I dont even kno what they were looked like rhubarb. Im not saying theyre huge from the water aeration, im just saying i dont think the my man(well call him john), a very experienced and seasoned grower would put that airstone in if it would hurt more than help. BUT, as with anything in life, I COULD BE WRONG. But thanks for your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Not much of that going around these days. Just a bunch of YES-men lol.

@Xlr8: I really hope not to confuse you. Im sure Propa Gator is giving great advice and he has much experience. You can start without an airstone. The air pumps are loud, they use electricity, not much but some, so if you really dont need it, dont use it. As for mine im liking my results so ill keep it in. Cant wait to see you put ur babies in their new home!!

Super glad you weighed in Magic Beans. My thought is this - both ways clearly work. I've seen successful grows both ways. I'm going to do what you suggest near the end of your post I think. Start without aeration, but know that it's in my toolbelt if I want to go that way down the road. Thanks for taking the time to articulate your thoughts in a balanced way. Glad you're following my grow! :thumb:

OK...I need to chime in, just cuz' that's what I do! I'd also defer to Propa, since he probably has more experience than all of us combined, and he's a much better poet! :)

So, that being said, I think the decision to have or not have an airstone may also be best made based on the types of nutes you'll be using. I've seen situations with organic nutes where having the res aerated can cause bacteria to grow. However, this is much less of an issue with synthetic nutes.

If bacteria wasn't an issue, I would think the more air, the better, and my recent experiments in the waterfarms using synthetic nutes seemed to show that the plant with the airstone in the res, did notably better than the plant without, albeit, waterfarms are a slightly different system.

I agree with you for sure about the airstone in the waterfarm the way you did it. I don't think the way that this system works it will matter much either way. We'll see! Gonna start without aeration I think and see how it goes. Thanks for weighing in Mr. K! :thumb:

This is the basis for modern scence! Do a comparison grow with one reservoir aerated, one not. :bongrip:

Don't have an easy way to do that within one grow, but I might try a future grow with aeration and see for myself what kind of difference I think it makes... We'll see. :) Thanks for weighing in Jozo!

I feel pics coming on.....

I'll try to take some tonight, but they're just such little teeny buggers at this point, (but cute). :)

A few pics of the little chicks. Not too much to see yet, but they're pretty cute at this stage anyway!

The group shot:
the_girls4.jpg

Lucy #1
Lucy110.jpg

Lucy #2
Lucy25.jpg

Skywalker #1
Skywalker8.jpg

Skywalker #2
skywalker21.jpg

Lavender
lavender13.jpg

Magic Bud
magic1.jpg

:peacetwo:

:bong:

Nice young pups you got there xlr8. :Namaste:

That was quite a discussion about stones....the only ones I have dealt with are kidney stones. :Namaste:

Oh man, don't get me started on that! Most painful thing that's ever happened to me. Period. Unholy hell.

On a related note, I've met 2 women who've had them - they both said definitely worse than childbirth!

Who'd think something so small could hurt so friggin' bad!

Nice young pups you got there xlr8. :Namaste:

That was quite a discussion about stones....the only ones I have dealt with are kidney stones. :Namaste:

Oh man, don't get me started on that! Most painful thing that's ever happened to me. Period. Unholy hell.

On a related note, I've met 2 women who've had them - they both said definitely worse than childbirth!

Who'd think something so small could hurt so friggin' bad!

I REEEAAALLLLYYY know where ya'll are coming from, I've passed 2 in last year and my DR is keeping an eye on one that is 22mm......that one would really hurt if it passed, hopefully they will blast it out with TNT, wouldn't be as painful.

I REEEAAALLLLYYY know where ya'll are coming from, I've passed 2 in last year and my DR is keeping an eye on one that is 22mm......that one would really hurt if it passed, hopefully they will blast it out with TNT, wouldn't be as painful.

Ouch. Good luck with that - hopefully it stays away. :goodluck:

We who are blessed by God's trichome's duress, might pray to technology
Worthy project, I think for nano robots. Up where nothing larger should be
Work some teeny-tiny chisel thingys, by the micro nano meter
Before you know, gone with the flow. Want 'em back? Here, filter this!

We who are blessed by God's trichome's duress, might pray to technology
Worthy project, I think for nano robots. Up there where nobody even wants to see
Work some teeny-tiny chisel thingys, by the micro nano meter
Before you know, gone with the flow. Want 'em back? Here, filter this!

OHH NANO BOTS, how I weep for thee...

Back
Top Bottom