SkooterClowns CFL Cabinet Grow

SkooterClowns

This is our second grow of clones from the same mother plant. The strain is Northern Lights.

Our first grow and pictures of our cabinet setup can be found here at:
Growing with CFLs in very limited space

It is a bubbler system which has worked for us in the past with great success.

General Hydroponics is the brand of nutrients we use. We've never used any other brand so we have nothing to compare it to. We are so happy with our results we've had no reason to revisit this choice.

DSC02101.JPG
DSC02102.JPG

September 23, 2009
10 days after being clipped from the mother and 3 days after going into the net cups with clay pellets. The condition of the roots give us hope.

DSC02140.JPG
DSC02141.JPG

DSC02142.JPG
DSC02143.JPG

October 17, 2009
Check out the number of sites. We are starting to think maybe we'll have an even bigger harvest than the last grow of 3.5 ounces. Stay tuned as the buds have really started to develop now.

*SK-Slappy got reminded that we need a root picture. This will be the last until clean up day. Takes 2 Skooter Clowns to take the root pictures now.

Oh yeah Lost1. Those roots are normal and there will be much more of them. They have plenty of room and we have never had any issue in that regard. The roots will grow to fill up their container.

To see what they will look like at the end check out our other CFL grow that is linked in the first post of this journal.

Hey SkooterClowns, those girls turned out be@tiful!! I h@ve @ couple question @bout the lighting used, I w@s wondering where you found those 300w cfl's, @re they the longer ones @s opposed to the spir@led, @nd @re they 300 true w@tts or is th@t the equiv@lency? :thanks:

They are the 68w spiral CFL bulbs that are "300w equivalent"....they are about twice the size of all the other spiral CFL's that are sold...we picked them up at HD for about 15 bucks each....(found them tucked on the lowest shelf almost separate from the others)

If you check out the cabinet setup link in the first post it shows the light box we made with the 5 bulbs in it...

SK-slappy
(the other ScooterClown)

They are the 68w spiral CFL bulbs that are "300w equivalent"....they are about twice the size of all the other spiral CFL's that are sold...we picked them up at HD for about 15 bucks each....(found them tucked on the lowest shelf almost separate from the others)

If you check out the cabinet setup link in the first post it shows the light box we made with the 5 bulbs in it...

SK-slappy
(the other ScooterClown)

Th@nk you very much SK-sl@ppy!!! Those @re wh@t I will get. Do you think two would work for @ single pl@nt?

two would work fine...three would be better...

I say use as many as you can fit and that don't cause you any heat problems...after all I've never heard anyone complain of too much light..

but I think you can be very successful with two of them and one plant...be sure to use white or reflective material on the walls also

(but three is still better.. :smokin:)

Great job,have you tryed to add some day light cfl 5600k or 5400k to your grow,it realy pumps out the resin..the last week in hydro I use just Black strap and water,great job..

DSC02151.JPG

October 19, 2009

15 days at 12/12 ....a little closer look at the bud development ........

I bought 100 cfls at 1000.bulbs.com--https://www.1000bulbs.com/ dont forget to buy the extenters and the y joint so you can use 2 bulbs with the reflectors to point the light where you want it i do use some light fixures without the reflectors to spread the light in between plants aaa so much resin good luck they have sales from time to time ps I like to buy the clamp lights from Meijers 7.00 you can use 150 watts with them and it has a 15 foot cord later

Great job,have you tryed to add some day light cfl 5600k or 5400k to your grow,it realy pumps out the resin..the last week in hydro I use just Black strap and water,great job..

Ironrider, the bulbs we are using are (68w with a claimed Incandescent Equivalent: 300Watt) five of them... 6700k...not the 2700k the smaller ones put out....although I just came across some 200w cfl's with a claim of Incandescent Equivalent: 600 Watts putting out 5000k and giving them some thought......

But those bulbs are 50 bucks a pop and we will only be doing one or two more blooms in this box before we get our real grow room back with a lot more room for much bigger grows....with that we will go back to using our HPS/Metal Halide system and this box will become our clone box/mother keeper (with some changes made to the box of course)..so it's not worth it at this point...

But who knows...still might be worth giving a couple a try...

Back
Top Bottom