Lemon Skunk Grow - First Organic Experience

MaRS3891

Hi 420!!!
I'm from São Paulo, Brazil. This is my first grow ever, learning how to solve my problems at 420 decided to post my grow journal here.
I read better than i write in english language, helps with this issue will be well accepted.

What strain is it? Lemon Skunk from Green House Seeds Co. (Fem.)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, unknown.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? 30% perlite, 20% coconut fiber, 30% soilless mix, 10% humus, 10 % organic mix.
If soil... What size pot? 0,5 gal seedling, 2 gal veg.
Size of light? 140 w led stripes white 7000ºk (for while)
Is it aircooled? Yes, 2 e11 coolers, one in one out.
Temp of Room/cab? 80ºF
RH of Room/cab? unknown
PH of media or res? 6,5
Any Pests ? Yes, organic media brings me gnasts. Using tobacco juice but with very little eficiency.
How often are you watering? morning, 5 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Just organic media.

My girl is in the end of her 4º week. I think its growing slowly, very slowly. Just finished the growbox a week ago, after it starts the first couple of leaves with 3 points, and today i saw a new branch raising (probably a leave with 5 points).
Stresses with lights and air circulation, temp and humidity, gnast and ants, are all under control now.
I will grow just one plant avoiding loss of seeds. I need to know how to keep an eficient grow room cause its dangerous and expensive import seeds to Brazil. I have Amnesia Haze here, waiting for a consistent grow.
The lights are expensive. For the lamps you pay U$ 200,00 in USA, i pay R$ 1000,00 here. A White Widow cost 10,00 in Sunny Cali, 50,00 in Sunny Sampa. So, seeds are gold.

Yes, i need a new camera.

20160318_195707.jpg

Growbox for Vegetative. 1m³. 140 w Led 7000ºk. Planning more 100 w CFL 5500ºk. One E11 coolin' in and one coolin' out. May one more couple will be needed, and an oscilating fan too.

20160318_195441.jpg

Slowly growth, yellowed leaves, brown on the ends. I don't use nutes. pH was around 6,5, but i have to measure it again (think i lost the thing!!! geez). My mix had a little of pine bark, may it can cause this slowlyness, but had a little of stress with temp and lights. I read about its a normal development. I dont know. Worried about gnasts cause used a organic mix to ferlize, bone meal and mammon pie, preparing the soil for veg growth... then saw one flying around my seedling. The mix for seedlings is soil with perlite and coco fiber, almost soilless.
Using bio-deltamethrin around apartment to exterminate all the life around here.
There are space for me and my plants, just for us.
Bucket size: 0,5 gal (1,5 litre)

Cannabis for all!!! All around the world!!!

Really wishing you the best of luck Mars, that is a decent cabinet to start with. Keep the training up daily, and you can fill that space no problem. Just make sure to plan out your growth as you train them. If you can find some lady bugs or even a praying mantis they can help You eradicate The flies and gnats. Plus it's very cool! Anyways as I said in the beginning good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yeah, positivity Snidrajsed, i apreciate your words.
The cabinet was a gift from a friend, made of plywood, is my home to veg growth. Isn't finished yet, need more care about air and lights and we will grow together for the next months.
Ladybugs are cool!! I will try it, just need to find out how to attract it to my place. Naturals are the best choice ever, sure! Cleaning up the house everyday had been very useful to control ants, flies and even some little cockroach that appears in the end of the summer (south hemisphere). I guess the bugs, insects and diseases are under control now. Expanded clay or any kind of stone over the soil mix also helps.
I can see my baby growing now. It's unlocking again. Post a photo soon.

:thumb:

It's Growing!
First came the slow growth because i made a mistake mixing the soil, adding some organic mix to germinate, with pine bark and other composting materials. After correcting the pH to 6,5 using a solution with b vitamin (roots) and 12-6-6 liquid mix (leaves) i could see my baby rebirth. I also used a little of dolomite to take up the pH.

SAM_10913.JPG

The distance between the branches is really good for me. Not too close, not too far. One more week and we will be vegetating in a bigger pot.
Air circulation: There was one E11 extracting and one inserting air. But the pressure inside was positive and i tried something new: turned off the incoming cooler and left the extractor E11 alone, making passive my air entrance. I think its working better now.

SAM_10855.JPG

The leaves are greener and growing more shaped-like marijuana leaves, with these "saw tooths". One leave grown slick, just one.

:love:

a couple years ago, i did this strein. it was great tasting smoke. all 7 grams of it. lol. it did not procuce well for me. perhaps, it was a crappy pheno. but, i loved the lemon.

Yeah Cannalingus, may yours opinion will be mine too, in a couple of years. Now, what is your favorite strain?
This strain is indicated for newbies on growing art, an easy one to start. I found this information reading a journal of ThatOneGuyy member, placed here few years ago. I barely can wait to taste this lemon flavor!!!
I hope harvesting more than a few grams!!! :thumb:
In the near future i'll try Amnesia Haze from Royal Seeds, a sativa dominant.
Baby Lemon:
SAM_11532.JPG

The newest leaf grown 1 inch in 2 days!! Almost a vegetative plant!

Germination:
20% Coco Fiber
40% Organic Mix 1
40% Perlite
The organic mix 1 is composed by: peat moss, pine bark and humus. Seed in the soil, 6 weeks seedling.
Lights: 140W Leds 7000º 16 hours per day

Vegetative
25% Perlite
25% Coco
50% Organic Mix 2
The organic mix 2 is composed by: peat moss, pine bark, humus, bone meal, castor cake and calcareous. Its composting for 3 months, at least.
Lights: 140W Leds 7000º, 1 CFL 50W 5500° 18 hours per day:
2 weeks vegetating. Waiting for the new pHmeter coming in the next days. 86ºF, i'm sick with this warmness but the plant is ok.
Planning 8 weeks for vegetative. My first Cannabis plant, i want to see it grows, would like to try without any nutrient pack, just want to see it grows and learn. Will not be like this 100%, but the most that i can.

Transplanting
Could wait a litlle more and get more roots, but you know, i'm thinking it now. The newest leaves accept very well the new pot, but the lower ones are a litlle wither yet.
SAM_12242.JPG

SAM_12292.JPG

SAM_12303.JPG

SAM_12393.JPG

SAM_12424.JPG

Growing my life.

A sunny Sunday in SP.
Left my Baby Lemon take a real sun for a few hours and she ever loves it.

SAM_12596.JPG

She really appreciates a day in the sun. Revitalizes and works like a day in the beach. Stronger and greener.

SAM_12534.JPG

Up to 90ºF in the window under the sun.

SAM_12513.JPG

The slow growth returns. Rearranging because of the transplant i think.

Water after 3 days. pH unknown till the post office man release my box. Temp around 85 ºF and 80º at night.

I'll pull up a chair if you don't mind. I also like to see the grass grow. Your little one looks really good. Her slow growth will be due to you taking the bottom of her root system off. I'm a little curious as to why you did this? She would have been much better if you had left it on. She will bounce back tho, super resilient are these little flowers.

Happy growing

:passitleft:

:welcome:

Hi Mr Am4zin, its a pleasure of mine to have you here!!! Be my guest and make yourself at home!!!

I'm feeling good as a person, as a citizen, as a human. I smoked it for years and now i'm having my chance to say goodbye to dealers, to crime at all. Feeling good, i'm alive and i can see my own Grass growing.
Thanks again :420: World!!!

This was my first transplant ever. I thought it was time for changing the pot so i did, then i realize that i could wait a little more.
In the bottom of the pots i'm using ornamental stones, like the white ones in the top. Some roots trapped in these rocks, but the large amount was twined into a piece of a plastic bag that i do not imagine how went to stop there, i forced to remove the plastic and the roots are suffering now... like tangled hair.
A litlle lack of care in the preparation of pots to germinate.. (i germinated in the soil)
A litlle of inexperience using that rocks and transplanting before the right time... i will try expanded clay in the next time and a litlle more patience too.
Or i'll prepare a pot to germinate without any barrier in the bottom. Won't have the same problem in the next transplanting.
The truth is: i didn't read any line about transplanting, so i will read now.

Later i'll post new pics, this lady is growing again!!!!!!!

:rollit::bongrip::;)::reading420magazine::passitleft:

Capricorn Line, 4:20 pm.
SAM_12866.JPG

The first 7 pointed leaves. Everything is new.
SAM_13026.JPG

Looking good, green. I guess the leaves could be more green and the branches stronger. Start to date a nute pack.
SAM_13056.JPG

I'm concerned about her discoloration. Facing a hard time without pHmeter. In the top is ok, but in the bottom it's like this.
SAM_13083.JPG

Day of transplant.
SAM_12562.JPG

5 days later.
SAM_13163.JPG

My dreams of living under a Skunk Lemon Tree...
SAM_13143.JPG

:rollit::hug:

Hello Smokers 420!!!

:welcome:
Nice to see you here! Fell free!!!
:surf: :passitleft:

I'm reading about topping and lashing but not comfortable to start yet. As my first plant, wanna see it grows free to understand how it happens, how works the natural development of branches and leaves. A time to love and watch.

I think that the kind of pot i'm using is not the best, deep and narrow. Good for topping but not for lashing, i think. I still didn't see these ones around here.

SAM_13065.JPG

15 inches tall
5 inches width
2 gallons.

These led stripes are good, do the job. Got it as leftovers of an event i produced, not recommend buying it. CFL works better, for what i'm seeing here. While it keeps working, ok. The setup has to grow with the plants, more light and vent will be needed.

The plant had started to smells. Real good. I'm confused about veg start, i will admit the transplant as the vegetative growth starts.
So when it flowers... all the 8º floor will know!
Odor control asks for attention.

:hug::hug::hug:

The answer to the question above:
stipules.gif

Thanks to Stix for posting this image and to Major PITA for answering me.
:thanks::420:

I'm confused about top, fim or lst. I didn't know that i could do it already in my first grow, but now i know i can.
I support my local forum, being member for 10 years before stick my first seed on the pot. The main concern there is grow, just grow. These techniques are shown apart, as advanced techs for experienced growers, i believed. Gloria 420!!! You open my eyes!!!
For while i'll just let it grows. I have a lot to see and learn about soil, lights, airing, diseases, deficiencies... Dont care about little buds in my first step.
I care about never see a narc again for the rest of my life.
Soon i'll show how my weed comes to me and it's disgusting.
Goin to a tree:
SAM_13252.JPG

Vegetative goes faster now!!! 13 inches!!! Grow, Baby, Grow!!!!
SAM_13262.JPG

Cabinet and lights: I'm trying a cfl 3000ºK with the led stripes 7000ºK. Total: 175 Watts. Got 2 pc fans 12v to make her dance and relax in a coolest wind. Today my hell burned at 87ºF, 1 month without rain outside. Really hot!!!
SAM_13272.JPG

This is it.

After a good read on vegetative cycle concluded that my weed now has 4 weeks vegetating, as you can see in post # 4 on 04/04 it was already a vegetating grass. I'll leave for another 4 weeks. Seems to me it's still early to clonning, but I intend to do this when it bushier.
Today made my first leaves clean. Took off a half dozen, hope not to have stressed the plant.
This plenty of lights has bothered me a little. It is certainly a waste. In the next crescent moon will germinate other seeds that have and clonning this plant, as well as topping using this branch as a clone too. It'll be around 6 weeks of vegetating.
Temp: 65ºF (fall 20ºF in two days) / Water: every after 3 days / No nutes

SAM_13353.JPG

Is there something that i can do with these leaves? Less than 100 grams.

SAM_13363.JPG

Gnast attack!! I went out for a little trip, 2 days, when i come back home i saw it in a branch. I thought it was under control, it not appears for a few weeks. Need to find a way to go against it. This branch will be a clone!!!

SAM_13344.JPG

Pistils? Am i bound to blooming? I keep it 18/6, always. I think it's ready to flower yet. Really need some advice, just tell me what you think...

SAM_13322.JPG

I'm starting to prepare the flowering room. Here at home I have a closet with the following dimensions: 10 feet tall, 3 feet wide by 3 long. This Skunk honor his name already in the vegetative then the flowering odor should be something fantastic but unfortunately I will not be able to share with anyone here from the floor. So I will put a charcoal filter with a good fan exhausting air from inside the closet. Have a 3w x 100 LED panel to light on top of the plant, I intend for additional 4 cfl 25 watts on the sides to the lower buds.

SAM_13374.JPG

Have a lucky Saturday. Leave a message, what you think about what i'm doing here. Feedback is appreciated.

:thumb::tokin::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Just a parenthesis: I share now how my medicine comes to me.
Every piece costs $5. I bought 10 at once, enough for 2 weeks.
It came from Paraguay, crossing the south Brazilian borders.

20160502_232337.jpg

They wrap everything together: branches, leaves, seeds, insects. Grown with pesticides and fertilizers.
I hear no good news about it. Not to mention that supports drug trafficking and the huge police corruption so traditional here.

20160502_232358.jpg

I cant deal with it.
Can Grow.

20160502_232325.jpg

I know that lots of you can understand exactly what i'm trying to show here: a small relief from my body and a and a huge relief for the whole society.
Keep Legalizing.

Back
Top Bottom