Advanced LED New XTE 300 Sponsored Grow

ronnie6690

ADVANCED_2.jpg

Welcome everyone to my fifth journal here at 420 magazine and my first sponsored grow journal. :cheertwo:

I've been using LED grow lights for several years now and I'm really excited to be doing a grow light review on the new Advanced Led XTE series grow lights. I will be running 3 XTE 300'S over a 3.5' x 7' area.

Couple of things that I think stand out for these panels are , the use of the latest Cree XT-E series 5w and OSRAM 3w diodes , dial controls for complete control over spectrum and intensity , reflectors added to secondary lenses you can tell there's no light wasted out the sides , all light is focused down.

[url=https://advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/xte-series-led-grow-light-usa-made-5w-leds/]XTE Series LED Grow Light - USA Made 5w LEDs - Advanced LED Grow Lights[/url]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_tifHZ_LQ[/url]

Here's a great unboxing video along with some par testing from another great member here at 420 magazine.
Thanks Icemud. :)

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrCBIHX8rh8[/url]

now for the journal details

[B][SIZE=4]What strain is it?[/SIZE][/B]

The strain is Humboldt seed oragansations Dr greenthumb's Emdog. all five Female seeds germinated and were healthy , the best four where transplanted into the system

[B]is it sativa , indica or hybrid?[/B]

Emdog is a hybrid , and looking to be a indica dominant hybrid.
genetics are OG kush x chemdog 4

[B]veg or flower stage?[/B]

all plants are at the very beginning of veg stage.

[B]soil or hydro?[/B]

plants will be grown in my custom built Aerocurrent system , which consists of two GH Rainforest 66 units piped together with 2" PVC pipe with a 23 gal epicenter, 17 gal top off res connected to a float valve. system uses a active aqua 550 gph inline water pump to circulate solution and a 1/10 hp water chiller. 120w air pump supplies air to the 8" round air stone in the epicenter and also the air stone in the top off res. system runs 45 gals that is recirculated 8 times an hour. Bluelab guardian monitors solution constantly.

temps are controller by a 12k btu/hr window a/c unit.
humidity is controlled by a CAP hum1 humidity controller and a ideal 50 pint dehumidifier.
CO2 levels are controlled by an autopilot analog CO2 controller, tank system w/ regulator.
CO2 levels are monitored by a digital CO2 meter.
a Vornado 48" tower fan circulates the air in the room and i also run an hepa air cleaner w/ UV-C light.
a Lacrosse alerts monitoring system is installed monitoring room temps/humidity levels as well as res temps. I also have a leak detection sensor. it sends me text messages if anything gets out of my set ranges as well as if a water leak happens. I can also download weekly readings for my records.

[B]nutrients and additives[/B]

for veg I will be using Heavy 16 two part base. they're a stable , clean base nutrient.
for flower I will be using Cultured Solutions two part bloom base. a super clean base nutrient that is designed for High performance water culture systems.

additives will be GH Calimagic at 5ml/gal, Cultured solutions early , mid, and late boosters, Cultured solutions Roots(organic sterilizer), protekt silicone.

foliar feedings of Heavy 16 professional foliar nutrient will be done twice a week in veg.
foliar feedings of Snow storm ultra will be done once a week in flower.

plants are at the beginning of veg and I'm running the lights with the blue channel at 100% and red channel at 0% for a total of 322w at 21"

[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSCF13432.JPG
DSCF13422.JPG
DSCF13412.JPG
DSCF13403.JPG
DSCF13393.JPG
DSCF13382.JPG
DSCF13374.JPG
DSCF13454.JPG
DSCF13443.JPG

:thanks: in advance for all questions and comments. :)

Thanks for the invite! I am definitely in for this one! Got your PM by the way, and I didn't shoot PAR readings for just the blue, but I can take a few reference shots later and share the results.

I think you are going to be impressed with the XTE's...there awesome!

Thanks for the invite! I am definitely in for this one! Got your PM by the way, and I didn't shoot PAR readings for just the blue, but I can take a few reference shots later and share the results.

I think you are going to be impressed with the XTE's...there awesome!

Thanks Icemud , I'd like to try and calculate my DLI and those numbers would be extremely helpful :)

I have to say I'm impressed with the XTE series lights , your plants seem to love them.

Thanks Icemud , I'd like to try and calculate my DLI and those numbers would be extremely helpful :)

I have to say I'm impressed with the XTE series lights , your plants seem to love them.

At what heights do you want me to take readings... I probably can't go lower than 20" because my plants are so tall now.

NEWS FLASH!! The numbers are in! haha :)

OK, so I took readings at 12", 18" and 20" with my Apogee MQ200 with just the VEG channel on (white and blues) on 1 of my XTE 300 panels. I took the readings about center of the panel and here is the readings.

12": PAR 650 umol
18": PAR 440 umol
24": PAR 370 umol

I moved the sensor within the plane of each height and the numbers did change slightly with beam position but I would say within 15 umol +/- is a good tolerance of the coverage under the panel. I did not measure outside of the panel dimensions.

383-520 umol on a 18/6 is a DLI of 22-30 which is optimal for cannabis, so I would say any height = or less than 20" would be perfect :)

Back
Top Bottom