1 Mother: 1 5x5 Tent!

I may be unpopular for this but i stopped removing all the sugar leaf.
I also found that a lot of it will shrink up around the bud while drying so there's less excess and then if there's some that's too floppy still I'll take it down some. But all of Mrs coughs meds are decarbes, ground up and put in capsules so seems like a LOT of unnecessary work for just for presentation sake. I'm not super picky and will jam a leafy bud in the bong or roll it up and it does the job too.
Some may be selling their product in a market that demands the buds look super manicured, and that's cool.
Some say the sugar leaf affects the flavor and i get that too. Just saying don't feel pressured to manicure that big girl if you're not up to it and a lot of the smaller leaves will shrink up and add more trichs to your smoke!

I also found that a lot of it will shrink up around the bud while drying so there's less excess and then if there's some that's too floppy still I'll take it down some. But all of Mrs coughs meds are decarbes, ground up and put in capsules so seems like a LOT of unnecessary work for just for presentation sake. I'm not super picky and will jam a leafy bud in the bong or roll it up and it does the job too.
Some may be selling their product in a market that demands the buds look super manicured, and that's cool.
Some say the sugar leaf affects the flavor and i get that too. Just saying don't feel pressured to manicure that big girl if you're not up to it and a lot of the smaller leaves will shrink up and add more trichs to your smoke!
I totally agree with ya on all that my friend! If I were trying to impress a dispensary I would totally manicure the buds to a T, but since most my product ends up in my system I’m not too picky either on the sugar trim. Most the buds that weren’t tops will most likely get smashed for shatter and I’ve noticed leaving a lot more sugar trim on there I get a little darker shatter with the more amber being in the sugar trim most of the time. So I’m trying to have the tops for the higher thc potency and then get a little of the amber affect in my pressed product for my days I need to relieve the pain. Appreciate the love my friend I think I might be throwing in the towel for tonight lol seriously was an all day trim just to get what I got off her!

Daaaamn son! That's a serious indoor harvest! Even the heaviest toker would need some time to work through that!
Haha I was just smoking on some finger hash and was in my head and thinking to my self!! You know who your talking to right!!? Lol I’m your typical Willy Nelson on steroids when it comes to my cannibis consumption not even the new and upcoming snoop can touch my levels haha!! Just kidding Willy all love!! :cough::lot-o-toke:

Congrats on your harvest bro :bravo:hope you have some big jars for all that flower..lmao..cheers my friend
:passitleft:Thanks brother!! I think it’s time to invest in larger jars lmao these mason jars are starting to run off and hide there’s so many!!:rofl:

If its going to my buddies, i usually give her a nice haircut but if its for me..haha..i like the sugar leaves, it smokes just fine.
Im with you brother, unnecessary work.

killer training done bud, looks like a amazing harvest!
do you do wet weigh ins or dry weights?
Thanks my friend!! Let me tell ya biggest indoor harvest so far off one plant lmao for this guy at least!! Since it’s just been me doing all the chopping around here I’ve had to cut up some buds to leave in jars for a later day to finish their manicure! But so far I have 5 more 12 oz jars left to manicure on the buds some more Since I had to put them in jars for the cure. I’ve weighed in so far at 846 grams of dried bud and still need to get a weight on the untrimmed bud once I get some more time to do so. I’ve been non stop trimming for a couple days now lol. Trimmed threw New Years as well !

I’m sure digging the one plant monsters thou ! By the Time I get thru the last jars of a monster plant harvest they are perfectly cured hahaha
:ganjamon:
Happy new year !

Thanks my friend!! Let me tell ya biggest indoor harvest so far off one plant lmao for this guy at least!! Since it’s just been me doing all the chopping around here I’ve had to cut up some buds to leave in jars for a later day to finish their manicure! But so far I have 5 more 12 oz jars left to manicure on the buds some more Since I had to put them in jars for the cure. I’ve weighed in so far at 846 grams of dried bud and still need to get a weight on the untrimmed bud once I get some more time to do so. I’ve been non stop trimming for a couple days now lol. Trimmed threw New Years as well !
I just wanted to add in here that my curing method is a little different than most I’ve noticed so that weight isn’t my final cure weight so when I say 846 grams that’s the weight at 64% humidity in the cure process so of course I will lose a few grams here and there but I’ll post the final weight once I’m creeping at my preferred humidity percentage.

I just wanted to add in here that my curing method is a little different than most I’ve noticed so that weight isn’t my final cure weight so when I say 846 grams that’s the weight at 64% humidity in the cure process so of course I will lose a few grams here and there but I’ll post the final weight once I’m creeping at my preferred humidity percentage.
That is an insane weigh in man! especially under 400W, excited to hear final weigh in good job man, for real you nailed it.

That is an insane weigh in man! especially under 400W, excited to hear final weigh in good job man, for real you nailed it.
Appreciate it my friend currently my curing is around 64% humidity still but I’m sure In a few days I’ll have it in the range to get a good final weigh In and I’ll throw up some more weigh in numbers for ya. :passitleft:

Wow that’s a nice, well trained plant - congrats on that one! Same here, I do bud washing, hack off the fans & petioles but the sugar leaves stay on.... I don’t bother with manicured buds unless I trim up a small show jar, but yes it all works the same
Hey my fellow grow friend I had a question on your bud washing techniques if you don’t mind me asking a couple! Never washed my buds before and was always scared to, but how’s your ways around doing that!? Always grew outdoors but never washed anything since I completely quit using pesticides and just using organics on a weekly basis lightly so I have no pest in my buds to wash. But still one ends up in a couple and who knows what bugs do their dirty work along the way as well! Indoors since adapting my outdoor ways I haven’t really had pests other than knats and here and there aphids if I’m not carful but I might try a bud wash technique one day to test my paranoia I have if I get the nerve too lol because I’m weird about changing my normal ways of doing things! I don’t want to end up screwing up a harvest thinking I already know how to do it when I can just ask someone who does this already lol! Appreciate any advice my friend and happy growing!! :passitleft:

Moto ! Should be standard ..check out your fan blades ..even indoor growing gets nasty

I do 4 buckets ..all room temp water
1 h2o + h2o2
2 baking soda and lemon juice
3 tap water
4 RO water

Moto ! Should be standard ..check out your fan blades ..even indoor growing gets nasty

I do 4 buckets ..all room temp water
1 h2o + h2o2
2 baking soda and lemon juice
3 tap water
4 RO water
I have bad ocd lol my fan blades get cleaned once a week plus I sweap and mop my floors weekly lol..
thanks for the tip northern much appreciated!! :passitleft:

Last update on mother nothern lights journey! Been curing long enough for a decent weigh in now that’s practical to believe finally! Currently reading 60% humidity in the cure process I’m weighing in at 816g and 40g of larf I don’t plan on manicuring to go into the hash bin. Not to shabby for this genetic I gotta admit DAMN!!
On that note I’d like to close this journal down on a laugh for y’all to leave with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL It took another growers magic nature friends I’m not used to having on the daily to actually finish with this harvest. I give it all to nature’s magic for the help on this one lol! Take it or leave it I’m out for today haha!! (Lol can you tell I’ve been in my head trimming a little toooooo long!!):yummy::blunt:

Sorry for butting in so late,,, what an awesome grow!!!! I have some questions if you don't mind helping me out,,,,,, I've got a clone that will be in veg for a very long period of time, 1: how long did you veg ? 2: how did you know when to transplant 3: how many weeks did you wait to flip the lights after you lollipopped or cut her pants off? 4: when did you install the scrog net or nets?????? I'm going to be flowering out my big girl in an environment similar to yours when my autos finish I've been training her in a 5g pot for the time being

Sorry for butting in so late,,, what an awesome grow!!!! I have some questions if you don't mind helping me out,,,,,, I've got a clone that will be in veg for a very long period of time, 1: how long did you veg ? 2: how did you know when to transplant 3: how many weeks did you wait to flip the lights after you lollipopped or cut her pants off? 4: when did you install the scrog net or nets?????? I'm going to be flowering out my big girl in an environment similar to yours when my autos finish I've been training her in a 5g pot for the time being
Why thank you very much!! On that first question you asked if you know the roots well on that genetics background and their nice and big healthy white depending on your pot size currently. You just have to build up the root ball long enough to where your certain the plant has expanded the current pots space. I have some strains that can live in pots longer than others so it would be hard to pin point exact time frame on when to repot. (But let’s just say I’ve kept some in solo cups for months before I repot depending on if I plan on keeping her around for a mother or to throw her into the cage to thrive into future harvest!) so basically you have to read your plant.(I might sound crazy but plants can speak sometimes when they throw signs at you of certain deficiencies!) but to answer that first question I’d have to know the details on your plants current situation.
And second question since I knew the genetic well enough to know she wouldn’t throw pollen at me if I stripped her down during early stage in flower I lollipoped pretty much all the way until the the chop. So if you know your genetic your growing well enough to strip her down on the first date then I’d say go for it,,,,,, but if your iffy on the genetics then play it out for a few runs until your comfortable with how she handles the stress you throw her way.
3rd question. I’ll have to look back at the calander on exact date, but as soon as your ready to put her into flower what I do is train her out first to fill the first trellis. Took me a week sometimes two of training all the tops threw the trellis. Once your seeing healthy flyers in every square of the trellis it’s time for the second trellis training to start. Once you hit this stage if your strain isn’t a stretcher like this one wasn’t then you can start the light flip and train threw the second trellis layer. She’s off to the races from there my friend! But on some of the sativas I’m running I have to go 3-4 layers of trellis before she’s happy with here final weight. But if you look at my signature I’m currently running a sativa trellis set up. So it’s best to know I guess which strain ya got. I was lucky on this stretch to be honest because I never ran this strain myself yet!

Ohhh yeah if your current situation is in a 5 gallon pot and she’s been reciting in there for a long time just give her a light pull from her home to check her goodies underneath and if she’s nice a white and has big roots and your ready to throw her into flower you can go ahead and put her into the final home for flower. I’d advice you to go to a 15 gallon and veg her out for at least another 2 weeks before flipping the lights to flower.

I hope that covers it my friend happy growing and let me know if you need help with your grow adventures!!:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom