1000w Ebb & Gro - 10 Easyryders (Ak47 X LR#2)

P10100595.JPG

P10100607.JPG

P10100615.JPG

P10100615.JPG

P10100638.JPG

P10100646.JPG

P10100656.JPG

P10100665.JPG

P10100674.JPG

P10100685.JPG

Day 24 from sprout​

Found that the plants had been stunted from low humidity. I seem to be encountering as many setbacks as possible with this new setup I have but the next grow should be perfect with all the kinks worked out.

Turned off the larger light andnow just have them under 400w CMH and turned off the fans. Still have an oscillating fan but the plants seem to be doing fine without constant fresh air, in fact, their flourishing!

Most of the growth between the last update and now was done in the last 36 hours.

P10100583.JPG

P10100597.JPG

P10100608.JPG

P10100617.JPG

Do you still stand by the notion that low humidity was causing stunted growth or was it nute lockout from salty balls? I'm experiencing a similar situation. Rh in my tent is around 45%. Nice setup BTW.

Do you still stand by the notion that low humidity was causing stunted growth or was it nute lockout from salty balls? I'm experiencing a similar situation. Rh in my tent is around 45%. Nice setup BTW.

You know, I'm about 90% sure it was low humidity. I really didn't change any environmental factors except that and they perked right the f*ck up in two days.

I now am experiencing another issue. The top set (newest growth) of leaves is drooping and I can NOT figure out why. I did a res change yesterday and got no changes. It really looks like moisture stress of some sort but I really can't figure out why, I've tried watering less (once a day), I've tried watering more (once every two hours), I've tried not watering, nothing, no changes.... I'll post some pics so you guys can see.

It really looks like overwatering (and with the addition of the HPS thats the first thing that popped into my head) but they actually get worse when I water them and get no better when I refrain from watering

I need help NOW please. anyone with experience please assist.

These are the conditions as of now.

Light: 600w hps about 20'' from the closest plant (20/4, autoflowering plants)
Temp: 77
RH: 40-75%
Medium: Hydroton (recentlly leeched of salts)
Floods: 15 minutes, ph of 5.7-6.0
Watering: once every 5 hours for 15 minutes
Res temp: 60F
Res water: 550ppm (200ppm cal/mag, 150sensigrow, 150, sensibloom, 50 from superthrive/ph down)

Here are the plants before I moved them and threw in the hps
P101006310.JPG

Here they are after being moved (still perky). I think its important to mention here that the biggest two plants DID droop towards the end of their light cycle in this environment/prior to the hps. But now its ALL the plants and its all day.
P10100687.JPG

Here they are two days later
P10100714.JPG

P10100733.JPG

P10100753.JPG

looks kinda like over water to me mixed with stress. Let them go a day without water and flush before resuming feed. Hopefully that helps.

looks kinda like over water to me mixed with stress. Let them go a day without water and flush before resuming feed. Hopefully that helps.

That is what it looks like to me too. Textbook overwatering. However, the larger plants were the ones showing overwatering signs first and they are by far the worst. If it were overwatering wouldn't the smaller ones have showed signs first.

Could it be the standing water in the bottom of the pots? The larger ones have roots down there first and are drowning in the standing water?

how about your fans...do you have good circulation in there?

Yes sir, I have one 22'' oscillating fan in there blowing right on the base of the reflector (blowing through it) and it also runs right above the canopy. I'm able to keep temps quite low. I have a 6'' vortex/carbon scrubber too but if those are on the humidity drops sub20% (not ok, they hate it). When they get bigger i'll flip that on again.

You sure are doing something right....it's great to watch them grow!!

Thanks man, it really is nice for the days when everything is dialed in (see first picture in last update) to watch them grow extremely fast. For a couple days there I was getting 2 leafsets per day. But I have just hit speed bump after speed bump with this grow and believe it or not, the soil easyryders I've grown prior to these are significantly larger than these are here at day 30ish.:helpsmilie:

Ok ph should be 5.5 to 5.8 let your ranger very different nute will absor at different ph.550 is very low i would run them at 1000 plus moving to 1200 to 1400 over the next few weeks.make sure 15 min fills your pots all the way you may need to add time to your fill.flush with fresh water every feeding for about an hour test your ppm and ph with fresh water if it starts to vary you keep fushing till your ph and ppm get stable.then i would get a product from H&G called drip clean to take out that salt.add some bateria to your mix to get your base stable for better root mass and absorbtion.

Ok ph should be 5.5 to 5.8 let your ranger very different nute will absor at different ph.550 is very low i would run them at 1000 plus moving to 1200 to 1400 over the next few weeks.make sure 15 min fills your pots all the way you may need to add time to your fill.flush with fresh water every feeding for about an hour test your ppm and ph with fresh water if it starts to vary you keep fushing till your ph and ppm get stable.then i would get a product from H&G called drip clean to take out that salt.add some bateria to your mix to get your base stable for better root mass and absorbtion.

Wow, lots of good info in there Viper thanks! Unfortunately in the course of my setting up this system I had run across all that information before and taken it into full consideration.

My ph does get down to 5.5- I actually start it at 5.4 and let it flux to 6.3. by 5.7-6.0 I meant that its what my Ph is currently. (It's not Mn deficent)

15 minutes does flood my pots all the way, there are only 10 so it takes about 4 minutes.

I have been using FloraKleen every other res change to leech salts and that process just occurred last week.

550 does seem rather low to me as well however, considering the stress they are under I didn't want to add insult to injury by bumping it up before I was SURE that it wouldn't knee them in the pistols anymore than I already had.

Does anyone else have any guesses as to what it might be?

Wow, lots of good info in there Viper thanks! Unfortunately in the course of my setting up this system I had run across all that information before and taken it into full consideration.

My ph does get down to 5.5- I actually start it at 5.4 and let it flux to 6.3. by 5.7-6.0 I meant that its what my Ph is currently. (It's not Mn deficent)

15 minutes does flood my pots all the way, there are only 10 so it takes about 4 minutes.

I have been using FloraKleen every other res change to leech salts and that process just occurred last week.

550 does seem rather low to me as well however, considering the stress they are under I didn't want to add insult to injury by bumping it up before I was SURE that it wouldn't knee them in the pistols anymore than I already had.

Does anyone else have any guesses as to what it might be?

High lilgreenman,

Nice set up you have there. On your droop...could it be stress from the different lights? I'm running a CMH, and the light is very different from HPS.

I've had droop to a lesser extent going from 400 watts of T5s to 1000wMH.

Anyway, good luck and hope you get back on track soon :thumb:

:peace:

High lilgreenman,

Nice set up you have there. On your droop...could it be stress from the different lights? I'm running a CMH, and the light is very different from HPS.

I've had droop to a lesser extent going from 400 watts of T5s to 1000wMH.

Anyway, good luck and hope you get back on track soon :thumb:

:peace:

Thanks a lot man! I think i'm going to switch out back to the CMH for a day or two and see if they perk up. that's what I was thinking too. I wish it was overwatering, it looks so much like that but its never that easy. ok, I'll update in two days and let everyone know what exactly the issue was (assuming I solve this problem by then).

:peacetwo:

Are you able to get to the roots of one of them to see how they look without damaging the plant? If so, how do they look? Should be white and healthy and - especially with a low-strength nutrient regime, fairly well developed for the size of the plants.

Speaking of your nutrients, do you need 36% of it to consist of Ca/Mg? Have you checked the pH at the point where the solution drains from the containers to make sure that you don't have any "mini-spikes?"

And have you calibrated your pH and EC/TDS meter recently just to make sure that the readings you're getting actually reflect reality?

As mentioned, it would most likely not hurt a thing to increase your overall nutrient strength. If you were to do it in stages, you could always back off slightly if you saw signs of nutrient burn.

Another thing: I think you stated your temperature was 77°F? I assume since you listed one temperature that it was your lights-on temperature (measured where?). It doesn't look to be a temperature-related issue, but just out of curiosity, what's the lights-off minimum temperature of your plant's environment? Your reservoir? One or both of them aren't sitting on a cold bare basement floor or anything, are they?

Good luck on your grow!

Back
Top Bottom