1000w Ebb & Gro - 10 Easyryders (Ak47 X LR#2)

Oh I know , trust me I plan to get some more pictures up soon. I know I gotta get some pics of these sticks in order to gather an audience. muahaha.

Anyway, no pics for today. I tried two different cameras both with different resolutions. I am going to reinstall my internet browser tomorrow and try to reupload all the pictures. Its the only thing I can really think to do . :hmmmm:

Sounds like the grow is going well so far. Hope you get every thing worked out with the pictures!

Happy growin!:grinjoint:

Day... 8 ?​

p10100572.236728

Plants are looking healthy. Had a tiny thrip problem but sprayed with greenlight again and killed them all (only a few). Plants are very nice color, very green. There is a slight problem with the Ph raising .5 ph every time I flood the pots but I assume thats from the decaying root matter in the hydroton from my last grow ( I just COULDNT get it all out). I assume the problem will lessen in severity as I raise the ppm's so Im not too worried

Temp- 83
Humidity - 30-40%
Light - 400w CMH 20/4
Nutes- 25ppm cal/mag ,20ppm sensi grow A&B,25ppm B-52,5ppm ph down, h2o2
Ph - 5.1 - 6.2 within 24 hours (4 drops ph down fixes it again)

Here is ALL the plants in the setup (10 total)
P10100606.JPG

P10100562.JPG

My Tent 1/2 zipped
P10100572.JPG

Left Half of the sprouts
P10100581.JPG

Right Sprouts
P10100624.JPG

Inspirational Plaque!
P10100636.JPG

Temp and Humidity after I opened the tent
P10100694.JPG

Some sexy Lookin Sprouts
P10100684.JPG
P10100664.JPG

Enjoy!

nice set up.. i am growing Easyryders and they got huge in hydro (over 26 inches tall)!!!! i should have used bubble buckets....i topped my plants but i think i should have not done that but i have a bunch of big bud sites all over the place. good luck with your grow.... by the way... they love nutes and drink a lot of water!!!

hey man, thanks for stoppin by my journal. figured I'd come check yours out and see what you were up to!

you were right, those babies did get pretty tall!

those brown spots you were expiriencing in the beginning was definitly a cal/mag deficency (you were using distilled water which has none in it) try adding 3-5ml of cal/mag+ to your res and you'll be golden.

one thing i didn't see you talk much about was ph and nute levels. you said in my journal that they love nutes but you never say in your journal how much your giving them... help a brotha out?!

feel free to come by my journal and spam as much as you want.

PEACE

ahh sorry about not putting down the nutes... i am adding nutes every other water addition. reservoir changes are just about every two weeks. for every 3 gallons i am giving them 3 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide, 12 teaspoons of Tiger Bloom, 18 tablespoons Big Bloom, 6 teaspoons of liquid karma. i alternate straight RO water and RO water w/nutes. they love it.... i think you are right about the water in the beginning of my grow. i have changed over to reversed osmosis water and the plants are loving it. i am seriously thinking about growing this strain again in the future.

you set ph to 5.5 then add nutes? what is your ph after the addition of the fox farms goodies? the ph of your water before you add nutes is irrelevant. your supposed to be measuring the ph of the nute soup that hits the roots.

Update on my journal. I noticed for some reason my journal is showing no pictures now and I also can't upload any pictures. Its like one of the admins hates me or something.

Anyway, asside from pictures I found that the hydroton I was using was substantially increasing my ph to the point where I can't use it. I took the plants out (highly unadvisable) of the netpots and I'm in the process of doing a salt leech on my hydroton.

For the salt leech I added FloraKleen and ph downed it to 3. I came back in the morning after letting the rocks soak in the solution all night and the ph was up around 6.5.

I just reset the solution back to 3 and I'm going to let it soak for another 12 hours and hopefully my rocks will start cooperating.

The plants look sad, they are quite small for their age and I'm hoping this won't effect their yield too terribly even though I know I am damaging them during their most crucial days.
I'll work on getting more pictures up today but don't expect miracles, this forum hates my grow.

Day 15 from sprout or 17 from seed

I had a large problem with the grow for the last week or so. I discovered that my hydroton was coated in excess salt from my last grow, and that with each flood my Ph was increasing substantially. I discovered the reason my plants were experiencing such slow rates of growth was because the Ph in the pots during the flood cycles was upwards of 6.5, even though the water going into the pots was only 5.5.

I bought some FloraKleen and did a salt leech and two rinses for all the hydroton. After the last rinse I did a 2 hour soak in water with a Ph of 5.5 . I then adjusted a new batch of nutrients in the barrel and flooded the plants with this 5.8ph solution. With this new solution the Ph reads closer to 5.7 in the pots which is much closer to my target of 5.8 than the 6.5 I was getting before the salt leech.

This little mishap will obviously cost me in terms of yeild and needless to say I no longer expect anywhere near a gram / watt.

Here are the plants on day 15, obviously stunted by ph fluctuation.
P10100614.JPG

P10100625.JPG

P10100645.JPG

P10100637.JPG

Day 17 from sprout​

I'm really disappointed in myself for not checking the Ph of the floods earlier. Now that the hydroton has been leached of salts and the Ph fluctuation during floods has ended, the plants have started to take off.

I'm really upset that I let them sit for this long before I took some initiative in problem solving. But I guess I just wasn't ready to admit defeat in the respect that something had gone wrong with this, what was supposed to be, perfect grow.

This is a little less than 48 hours after the last picture update and the plants are at least twice as big.

Light: 1400w (1000w super hps, 400ceramic metal halide)
Temp: 85-day 68-night
Humidity: 40%-day 80%-night
Nutes: Cal/Mag SensiGrowA&B B-52 also, 1ml 35% h2o2 per/gal
WaterQuality: R/O water at 300ppm nutrients (Including cal/mag)
Watering: 4 floods per day: (lightson)7am 12pm, 5pm, 10pm (lightsoff3am)

I'v got them under some dank lighting, 1400w of spectral Bliss
P10100573.JPG

Picture of plant. Note it's doubled in size in the last 48 hours
P10100582.JPG

P10100594.JPG

My camera battery just died. While it's charging I'm going to make personalized labels for each plant. When I'm done individualizing these plants I'm going to do individual face shots and make sure to specify which plants are which in the pictures to come. This way we will be able to keep a more detailed journal of each plants growth rates.

It should be interesting to see how the plants growth rates vary based off of how far they are away from the lights (some are directly underneath and some are farther away in the corners of the tent).

Considering that they all pretty much have the same environmental conditions, they should all grow pretty similarly I would think from here on out

:welcome:.

This is how the plants are permanently situated.
P10100574.JPG

Thusly, the numbering scheme will be as follows

2 5 8

3 6 9

4 7 10

Back
Top Bottom