12/12 lighting - New grower needs info

Can any one help need to know when best time to switch to 12/12 lighting and should I drop 2 hours at a time heard it was better

In my experience I would get less stretch if I gradually lower the time by 2 hours every few days until landing on 12/12. I believe it is less stressful on the plant as well. This is all purely anecdotal. Obviously people flip straight to 12/12 with no probs.

Flip straight to 12/12. As of when to do it, well that all depends on how big you want your plants and what size pots they are in. If you can be more specific on your set up it would be better.

You can leave your plants in darkness for 24-36 hours before turning lights on to 12/12. But from my experience it makes no difference at all to final product how you deal with flip. So dropping a couple hours at a time, having a dark spell or straight flip will in the end make very little difference. There may be slight difference in the first week or 2 of flower but the end result will be the same.

Can any one help need to know when best time to switch to 12/12 lighting and should I drop 2 hours at a time heard it was better

I wouldn't bother with that. The more important thing with 12/12 is to make sure the cycle isn't broken and that your tent has no light leaks. The best way to check is to sit in the tent with the lights on outside and off inside. Duct tape any pin holes.

Back
Top Bottom