1970s' Blue Planet Organic Soil - Smellyberry - Super Lemon Haze - Vanilla Kush

i know i couldnt believe it, i was only expecting 1 and all ended up fem so they must of sent me the right seeds, good choice who ever picked my order out, think the luck is with them, ill buy a lottery ticket just in case, then when i win ill move somewhere hot where i can grow outdoors, you did hear me, when i win that is,

im deffinatelt thinking hps with my next grow, ive been offered a new 400watt dual spec hps for a good price, the bulb is meant to have an extra filament in it that produces more of a blue light so it can then be used for both veg and flower stage, plus i could always use cfls as well for some extra side lighting if needed, i think at the most ill have 6 plants in 3 gallon pots so i wont need much more than about 400 watt i dont think, well i have room for 6 3gallon pots in the flower and veg room but i dont think ill have 6 plants on the go at the same time, i want some sort of rotation going where i can be harvesting every month or so, but ive got some auto's to see how they go and what i get back, i can put them on my balcony when the sun is out and get more growth that way, that is when the sun is out, its meant to be nearly summer and its still not sunny or hot, bloody freezing if you ask me, still wearing a wooly hat and big coat when i walk the dog and take the kids out places, im just hoping its gets a bit warmer soon then i can sneak my plants out on my balcony, im putting some kind of stuff around my balcony so people cant see onto the balcony but i need to buy some kind of material to keep prying eyes away and stop the plants getting noticed

So whats up man? hope your enjoying the fruits of your harvest!
GREAT JOURNAL! you represent BPN well.
Whats next on the menu grower?

Hey there 70's -

Sorry for the late post, but I haven't been around as much lately and I got wayyy behind. Looks like you haven't been around much either - hope things are well in your world brother. Fantastic grow and journal my friend! +rep

Let me know you're alright if you get a minute. Hoping you've just been busy enjoying the many nice fruits of your labor. :thumb:

I just jarred up the last 4 Smellyberries out of the group of 8 same age clones. All 8 were 2 liter hempys using coco and perlite feeding Blue Planet 2 part plus bloom booster. I was quite surprised at the yield over the 4 that were harvested a week earlier.

Plant 5.......44.1
Plant 6.......48.0
Plant 7.......46.3
Plant 8.......43.2
Total........181.6 grams or 6.42 ounces
Average 45.4 grams per plant

The first 4 plants averaged 36.1 grams per plant. Thats a 9.3 gram per plant increase by letting them go another 7 days. They really filled in and densed up the last week. Difference in moisture content is negligible.

The only difference in growing was that these 4 had 1 more week of flower and 1 more week of molasses. THey have been getting R.O. Water only for the last week with zero molasses.

Next up is the mother. She is still a tad too moist and will need to go another day before jar and weigh-in.

Also... still have smellyberry 2 liter hempys that were planted from clones 2 weeks after the first batch of 8... THese 4 however had no veg time as compared to 2 weeks of veg for the group of 8. I am anxious to compare weights.

Its been a long time... Personal setbacks have kept me off the forum.

I am going to finish up this journal with the final numbers of the last 4 Smellyberry 2 liter clones. THese were put into 12/12 immediately when planted in the 2 liters. (now I can throw away this piece of paper with the results.

The yield was significantly lower than identicle clones veg'd for 2 weeks. The clones veg'd for 2 weeks averaged 36.1 gram per plant

13.3 Grams
23.8 Grams ( The biggest clone at planting)
21.7 Grams
13.0 Grams

18.0 Grams average per plant.

Veg'ing clones for 2 weeks when 2 liter hempy'ing seems like a no brainer. DOuble the yield for just 2 weeks more.

thanks for that info, im wondering the same about 12-12 from seed, how much difference would 1 or 2 weeks veg make to a 2ltr dwc hempie that was grown from seed, im only wondering as it takes them 4 weeks to mature before starting to flower, so this still means they veg for the 1st 4 weeks but would giving them some proper veg under 24-0 make much difference at all, or would it affect the flower time, if it was vegged under 24-0 for 2 weeks would this then delay the start of flower and make the grow a couple of weeks longer, its something i need to try

Yeah man!! Was just thinking about you today for real (was jamming to some Steve Miller Band!). Nice to see you around, but sorry to hear about the personal setbacks. Hope to see you around more again - don't be a stranger! :)

Good feedback on vegging 2 weeks - sounds like the way to go with the 2 liters. :thumb:

im trying the 2 week veg this time with my 2ltr dwc hempie with air stone, i added the air stone this time as well, the 2 im doing now are from seed, but instead of going 12-12 from seed im giving 2 weeks at 24-0 then 12-12 till finish, i got 20g dry last time when i went 12-12 from seed, so if i hit that mark again or beat it then i think i might do a load of these hempies, im also going to do a couple with clones, just waiting for them to root, problem is not sure how big the clones need to be before going in the hempie, i think some veg time would be better for clones as they are mature enough to flower when under 12-12 the seedlings have to reach maturity before switching to flower so they still veg under 12-12 for the first few weeks.
one thing i have noticed though is that when using glr, the seedling show sex a lot sooner, so 24-0 from seed might be better than using glr when growing hempies, i think glr for the 1st 2 weeks would induce flowering quicker then it would if they was vegged under 24-0 for 2 weeks then flipped to flower, my chronic fruity juice showed sex at 2 weeks old under glr, the plants under 24-0 or 20-4 didnt show sex after 6 weeks, so glr would make them flower quicker so would this affect yield.

1970, let us know when you got new journal up and running, or you ending this one now

DonPaul... I have to beleive that 12/12 from seed is going to have a similar result. Up to a point, the longer you veg the more yield. I had a mother smellyberry I got over a half pound off of once I flowered her. She had veg'd for about 3 months.

Unless you are in a hurry for medicine, I would definitely veg. I don't have any facts to back this up, but my plan on my next grow is to go with a 4-6 week veg topping them once. I am limited by height in my 3.5' x 6' understairs grow room or I would veg them longer.

Big Irish....
I have really missed those I got close to hear. When you follow someones grow start to finish I beleive you learn quite a bit about someone. I definitely have some catching up to do.

Its great to be back.

I start up my grow next weekend August 1. Too much heat in the garage understair grow to grow anything now. Planting August1 in a cabinet in the music room, then mid september moving them to the understairs to flower... thats the current plan. I just need to figure out what to grow.

It was great to hear from you and others that welcomed me back. It is VERY MUCH appreciated. THere are some great members here fo sho.

Yeah man!! Was just thinking about you today for real (was jamming to some Steve Miller Band!). Nice to see you around, but sorry to hear about the personal setbacks. Hope to see you around more again - don't be a stranger! :)

Good feedback on vegging 2 weeks - sounds like the way to go with the 2 liters. :thumb:

I did go see Steve Miller on June 28. I thought about our exchange in your journal on "The Joker" before and during the show. YOu should have taken me up on my offer. We would have had a great time though I surely understand about traveling with a disability.

It was a great show. For 69 years old he still has it. He played well and sang remarkably well. He still hits the highs as well as anyone his age. (no pun intended). He dis need a music stand for some of his songs. Others should take the cue from him. I have seen Bob Seger, Roger Daltrey, and David Lee Roth forget the words in the last year.

THanks for the welcome back. It means alot to me. New grow starts next weekend. I will post up the link here when I create it. I am not sure I will be as active as I was in this journal but I will have one.

Hey there,

Glad to see you back!!

I hope you have moved forward from your setbacks and are doing good!!!:high-five:

Awesome job on that info, you just proved it pays to veg.... no one needs to wonder what if now!!

Hey bro... thanks for the welcome back. Last time I checked with you, you had a baby on the way. I hope all is well there. Its funny what we remember first about people. I need to catch up on your latest grow and see how you are doing.

Question: I really fell in love with Super Lemon Haze. It is my 'go to' medicine. The taste and smell along with the effect are far superior to any other strains I have grown or smoked.

Any one know of anything similar? Its such a great yielder too. I still have 2 seeds left but would like to try something similar.

Re: 1970s' Blue Planet Organic SOIL-Smellyberry,Super Lemon Haze,Vanilla Kush

wow those are some really nice buds with cfl's i didnt know you could produce buds like that with them.. my last grow i did with cfl and i only got about 37 grms off it.. im hoping the HPS at the flowering stage will do more.

Welcome back bro! cant wait for august

Ima back... see link to new grow in Signature below.

Come on in and lets medicate!

Back
Top Bottom