1970s' Blue Planet Organic Soil - Smellyberry - Super Lemon Haze - Vanilla Kush

i would fill em up with solution block off the drain for a min,give the water time to absorb and exchange then catch the runoff and check ph and ppm, it looks like the ph in the coco is off, you may need to water with ph of 5.5, i was having the same issue with my new lings and that was the problem brother and thats how i fixed it that and i upped the cacium and mag, lockout in coco is 6.5 tnhe runoff needs to be 6.4 or lower try to not let the coco dry out at all it will cause wild ph fluctuations
other than that they are looking good, i notice this seems a small prob with new coco,once it is dialed in i think nothing is better, did you wash the coco?

Is your run off water 5.8 PH? How often do you water? I like my clones to really get dry between watering. That way i know the roots are making there way to the res. What is the size of the clones? They look pretty good sized, so should be able to handle a few hundred PPM's of nutes.

Yeah, what is the pH of your run off. I agree with letting them get really between waterings. That will definitely induce some great root growth. I also agree that if the root systems are developed enough, they should be able to handle up to 800-900 ppm or so.

i would fill em up with solution block off the drain for a min,give the water time to absorb and exchange then catch the runoff and check ph and ppm, it looks like the ph in the coco is off, you may need to water with ph of 5.5, i was having the same issue with my new lings and that was the problem brother and thats how i fixed it that and i upped the cacium and mag, lockout in coco is 6.5 tnhe runoff needs to be 6.4 or lower try to not let the coco dry out at all it will cause wild ph fluctuations
other than that they are looking good, i notice this seems a small prob with new coco,once it is dialed in i think nothing is better, did you wash the coco?

Irish, I think you may have the answer...

Today I went to 6ml/gal each part a and part b.

Using RO water at 7 PPM

PPM in.... 525
PPM out.. 430

PH in 5.9
PH out 6.4 ??? I may be locking out nutes.

Not sure what's raising the PH.

Since the plants have grow a couple nodes in 10 days, I assume that the root structure is deep. I am not sure how to check that other than pulling the plant and looking. I suppose I could replant.

Originally at planting I did let it go without water/nutes for 4 days. I have been topping off daily.

• OrganicTreees.. Thanks for the help on the SLH clawing. That makes sense as these are the greenest plants in the garden. THey are deeper green than everything else. A little less N sounds like just the ticket. I wouldn't have thought about it. THANKS! These plants are all in 3 gallon short containers. I should have went 5s as I have the room.

you will be fine in the 3 gallons. I've bloomed SLH in 1,2,3 gallon pots before without problem. The smaller pots yield less, but honestly the difference between 2 and 3 gal pots hasn't been noticeable in any way.

Plants are looking good. OrganicTrees got some good advice on SLH. Your Vanilla Kush looks great better than mine got claws worst than your SLH. Though I've run SLH with claws before and they bud nicely. Keep up the good work plants are healthy.

thanks bro, SLH is probably my favorite strain in my garden right now, best uplifting high, best taste, great yield, and likes lower nute levels, which means you spend less on nutes. I didn't notice a drop in yield when I had clawing issues at all. I finally have it dialed in fairly well and don't see any of the prior issues I would have.

10 weeks is a must if you don't want to be disappointed. The difference between 9 and 10 weeks is insane in bud density and weight.

Irish, I think you may have the answer...

Today I went to 6ml/gal each part a and part b.

Using RO water at 7 PPM

PPM in.... 525
PPM out.. 430

PH in 5.9
PH out 6.4 ??? I may be locking out nutes.

Not sure what's raising the PH.

Since the plants have grow a couple nodes in 10 days, I assume that the root structure is deep. I am not sure how to check that other than pulling the plant and looking. I suppose I could replant.

Originally at planting I did let it go without water/nutes for 4 days. I have been topping off daily.

yup thats lockout range,5.9 is in my opinion to high for coco i would lower the ph to 5.5-5.7 going in, coco seems to raise the ph, im researching this, i'll update you as i glean info, i would not repot till the problem is resolved, they dont need the extra stress .i know you dont want hermies,you can go a while in those pots with no issues,are you adding any kind of calcium/magnesium supplement? sorry it took me so long to respond i have been repotting,flushing and working on a new veg/flower area:high-five:
6.4 out is not horrible but lower would be better,

I am going to take them to 8/ml per gallon which should get me about 800 ppm and then add 50-100ppm of Cal/Mag and runoff 30% as you guys suggested. I am going to start with RO/feed with PH at no more than 5.5. Then take a look after a couple days and look for improvement.

I appreciate the help guys. I am going to try to rep you all.

I am going to take them to 8/ml per gallon which should get me about 800 ppm and then add 50-100ppm of Cal/Mag and runoff 30% as you guys suggested. I am going to start with RO/feed with PH at no more than 5.5. Then take a look after a couple days and look for improvement.

I appreciate the help guys. I am going to try to rep you all.

i do believe you will like the result of this feed tweak, i did something similar with my seedlings a couple weeks ago and i can barely keep up with the growth now! re-potted into hempys yesterday,i figured on a day or 2 lag, nope had to raise the light up today, they didnt even notice being re potted, coco magic i tell you!:love::love::thumb::high-five::Namaste:

I just ran 16oz of PH 5.0 water through each plant. Runoff was 6.35 :( So i made another gallon at 4.3PH and ran 16oz throug each plant. Runoff is now 6.2.

I am going to leave this set for a couple hours and then feed 16oz of 5.5ph feed at 8ml/gal each of part A and Part B.

Nice to see another grower from the 70's. Good job man.
Hi UpIn2Clouds! I figured I was the only old man here. Its nice to know there are others who remember what we went through... when a seed or roach could get you a felony conviction and growers who got caught were disposed of in shallow graves by people in butch flat tops.

ahhh... The good ole days.

Glad you are here!

I just fed the 8 Hempy 2Liter Smellyberries. I used a 5.3 PH feed of 8ml/gal of each Part A and Part B. I also added 5ml/gal of Cal/Mag Plus.

PPM in at 865
PPM out at 420

PH in at 5.3
PH out at 6.4 again. WTF? I had it down to 6.2 earlier today just using RO water. Now I am sure Coco is natural at raising PH now. I am going to drink a gallon of lemon juice and piss in one to see if I can get the PH down that way.

I am lost. Not sure what to do. I may just go back to what I know... Soil... before I soil my Jockeys.

This grow is now winding down with just 2 or 3 weeks left. THe Super Lemon Haze and Vanilla Kush are on day 62 of 12/12. ICE and BLue Mystic are on day 55 while Smellyberry bring up the rear at day 42 of 12/12.

I have been using 100% Blue Planet Farmers Pride Organic. I am so happy with these nutes I am ecstatic. Once I learned what the plants are wanting (each strain is different) I adjusted accordingly.

Super Lemon Haze
day_62_and_55_flower_004.JPG

A closeup crop of the shot above of SLH #2
day_62_and_55_flower_004b.jpg

Vanilla Kush

This is a shot of Vanilla Kush... starting to purple up nicely
day_62_and_55_flower_008.JPG

ICE
This is a shot of ICE - She is quite frosty.. with a tad of purple in her.

day_62_and_55_flower_010.JPG

Another bud shot of ICE.
day_62_and_55_flower_012.JPG

Vanilla Kush

Another nice pic of Vanilla Kush... Pics do not do the purple justice.

day_62_and_55_flower_015.JPG

Super Lemon Haze

Here is a couple shots I thought looked good.

day_62_and_55_flower_026.JPG

day_62_and_55_flower_034.JPG

ICE
2 more shots of ICE...

day_62_and_55_flower_041.JPG

day_62_and_55_flower_047.JPG

I am saving the best for last. I hope to post up some shots of Blue Mystic and Smellyberry along with some choice shots of the above strains.

very impressive..very cool..i myself not having good luck,fighting cold weather,had 4 going,3 turned into boys..reason for not starting the journal..but..i have picked up so much here..this spring??..we'll see?..great job again....

Godspeed... Thanks for the compliment. You have helped me more than once on this grow and I appreciate it! I owe you a nug for sure.

Danny Hoo... THat male thing can be a drag. My first grow I only had 8 seeds, didn't and didn't know anyone that smoked to get more. I was so worried about getting females. Out of 8 I ended up with 4 males and she/male hermy.

Having feminized seeds kind of takes the stress out of it.

Hi UpIn2Clouds! I figured I was the only old man here. Its nice to know there are others who remember what we went through... when a seed or roach could get you a felony conviction and growers who got caught were disposed of in shallow graves by people in butch flat tops.

ahhh... The good ole days.

Glad you are here!

Naw, you ain't the only old timer here. I've lurked a little lately and have seen one or two of us still around. These young-bucks are really filling our spots though, LOL!
2 Clouds

Just a few more pictures I didn't get to yesterday...

ICE
day_62_and_55_flower_048.JPG

More ICE
day_62_and_55_flower_064.JPG

day_62_and_55_flower_066.JPG

Super Lemon Haze
day_62_and_55_flower_069.JPG

Blue Mystic... THis is the first grow with the color purple for me.
day_62_and_55_flower_072.JPG

day_62_and_55_flower_073.JPG

day_62_and_55_flower_084.JPG

and finally Smellyberry.... don't let the big fingers fool you. Thats a 12oz bottle.

day_62_and_55_flower_110.JPG

Which one is from Amsterdam?

Damn 70s!!!! your ladies are looking phenomenal!!! That Ice strain looks amazing.... I should grow it and cross it with chocolope to make the strain ICE-MUD...lmao!! I wish...

Cant get over how frosty and tasty those buds look!!!

Awesome job bro!!

Back
Top Bottom