1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

MB. Anytime man! We're all here for you. As for the CO2. How's your room temp and RH in your room? If those are dialed in, you can surely use the CO2. 1500ppm.

Hey NG1. Post #275 was the update. We must have just moved a little fast and you didn't catch it. :ganjamon: How's your stuff coming along?

Hey McB. Good options, I'll see what I can rig up! Afraid I'm too far for those tomato cages and wouldn't be able to correctly put in place without damaging plants and such. Question for you Sir. (Again, reminder, still first real grow here). I noticed on the White Widow and several bud sites on the Afghan Kush, that the hairs are already turning reddish/brown, like they're developed....Is this all normal at 4 weeks of flowering? And will these be "overdone" by the time 8 weeks rolls around?

Thanks!
SF

Its not unusual to see some red hairs this early. So long as new calyxs develop with new white hairs you are good.

Its not unusual to see some red hairs this early. So long as new calyxs develop with new white hairs you are good.

Yeah I had some hairs turning red on my Lemon Skunk at about week 4, and right now i'm passing week 9 and shes still goin!

Thanks Guys. Just a nervous Nellie.

WTD, I can't hep but get a big smile every-time I see your avatar. Almost like a yawn reflex, but ya know, BIG SMILE!

4:00, gotta go prepare for 4:20 with 4:19

:rollit:

Thanks guys!
SF

Hey Stink;
Any links for CO2 info?
If i'm constantly exhausting my rooms air thru the lights and out the house.....
How does the CO2 have a chance?
Or do I have to run my exhaust on a different on/off time to the CO2?
But then how do you keep the lights cool. ( 2 Big 1000w HPS)
Yea I got the night time temps up to 68 and daytime around 84, we're lookin' good!

Stink;
That sugar method doesn't really work.....does it?
10 lbs of sugar and burnt toast? whole wheat or sourdough? Come on.....

Has anyone measured the levels it puts out?????

Stink;
That sugar method doesn't really work.....does it?
10 lbs of sugar and burnt toast? whole wheat or sourdough? Come on.....

Has anyone measured the levels it puts out?????

I'm doing the sugar/yeast thing right now and frankly I think it's a bit of a joke. Next grow I'm going with bottled co2, but the best method is a co2 generator. The problem then though is the heat from the burners, that's why I'm using a bottle now with the summer coming on.

I haven't measured the output, but judging by the calculations I did on the required sugar consumption to achieve the required co2 output I'm producing at a very low level, probably not making any difference at all.

Looks like I'll be feeding that sugar to the humming birds this summer!

Hey Stink;
Any links for CO2 info?
If i'm constantly exhausting my rooms air thru the lights and out the house.....
How does the CO2 have a chance?
Or do I have to run my exhaust on a different on/off time to the CO2?
But then how do you keep the lights cool. ( 2 Big 1000w HPS)
Yea I got the night time temps up to 68 and daytime around 84, we're lookin' good!

MB.

Start here on this thread.
Want to learn how co2

You're going to need some type of CO2 "controller" to work in synchronization with your ventilation. I think the thread above I've been participating in, will help. Let us know what follow up questions you have!

SF

Update 3/25/10

In the name of science, expanding my knowledge and wanting to create some "drama", I've decided to alter my feeding program. I'll be turning over to the General Hydroponics "Expert" feeding program, which includes a few additional nutrient additives. Still will be using the Normal method (as opposed to aggressive). So as soon as the nutes arrive, I'll be resetting the res based on this new "soup" recipe. No pain, no gain?

NutesExp.JPG

LowRyder - Day 7
I'm heading to the "crib" to grab some pictures of the LowRyder's, this morning I noticed a couple of new leaves and I think they are coming around. I'm also considering picking up a T5HO based florescent system over here.

High Tech Garden Supply

I think the water temp in the EcoGrower is running a little too high (76-80) and possibly slowing growth. Last night I changed from MH to HPS to try and lower room temps, and res temps. I'll do a measurement tonight to see if the florescent will fit in the space allowed. I'm guessing the florescent light will allow the water temp to lower significantly by not "beating down" on the reservoir.

Tomorrow night is picture night for the ebb-n-grow (Day 28 Flower) and I'm pretty stoked for you guys to see the progress.

That's bout it fer now. Have a great evening!
SF

Update 3/26/10

LowRyder
  • I'm as unimpressed with my pictures as I am with how slow the plants are taking. Pictures I just can't put up (too dark); going to shoot another set tonight.
    Hope you guys can help me diagnose what's going on with these guys!
  • CocoTek topers arrived today and I'll put those in place to prevent algae build-up on the tops of the medium.

• Pulled the "trigger" and ordered a 4' 6Light T5HO (Mixed Bloom/Veg Lights) to replace the 400W HPS I'm using now. Think the lumens will be close, and perhaps I'll only use this until the plants get bigger, then I can raise the HPS light and hopfully temperatures will be acceptable. Any thoughts on this plan?

• Finally, how do you guys decide when to push up the strength of the nutes from the seedlings? Is it by leaf sets on the plant? In my bag seed grow, I think I waited two weeks, but that might have been too long.
Thanks guys. Pics later.
SF

:smokin:Hey Stink, things are looking good. I am setting up an ebb and grow system and am loving the information, thank you. I hope you dont mind if I pick the hell out of your brain for this reason. First time growing 420, period, am really nervous, also investing a ton of cash. Im wanting to go LED, mainly for the energy saving and the heat. Pro Source has a new 5 band light that sounds like they solved the problem with the flowering stage by adding another spectrum of light, orange. I really want to go high tech in the right areas to push the yields to the limit. So I was hoping you would be my online mentor. I could offer a trip to northern california to sample my work and your advise. Thanks man.:thumb:

Update 3/27/10

LowRyder
- Questions Below.

7 Days in EcoGrower - Lights 20/4

MJ_977_1.jpg

MJ_981_1.jpg

MJ_982_1.jpg

MJ_985_1.jpg

Ok guys, what do you think? Should they be further along. I see a little yellowing on a couple of the leaves, think the nute drip that was hitting the leaves caused that? Could a high res temp of the water cause the stunt in growth? Just looking for a little insight/feedback!

I don't know if I should jack the nutes yet, or wait another week?

Thanks all!
SF

Back
Top Bottom