1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

It's not going to mess up your grow not having the tent right off Bama.

Just get a CFL on them when they come up and once the first set of true leaves show start feeding them 1/10 strength nutes. You could easy go a couple weeks without any harm to the babies.

Deep breath . . . hold . . . let out slowly. It'll all be good. :passitleft:

L8r

Hang in there, bama. You're luck's bound to change. I, too, am a first time (wannabe) grower suffering similar woes. I'm finding in spite of all the research, dreaming & planning sometimes we just aren't able to make things happen as we wish. Let's just mark it up to the learning process & invision better days ahead!!

Brother, thanks for that. I think I really needed to hear that. :Namaste: See it is encouragement and support like that is the reason I love this place.

update:
Still no sprouts. I did, however, receive my tent today! Unfortunately I will not be able to put it up until tomorrow. But that is fine. I am very excited to get it put up. I will hang the lights and filter and set up the RDWC system and just let out a big sigh. Also have to put the fans and a few other things in there, but that is all easy peasy stuff. After tomorrow I will really be looking hard at the beans. It has been 8 days now. I will give them some more time, but it may be time to consider trying to pop some new beans.

Of course I will take pics of the tent. I know that is not really what we want to see (I would love to have some plants 4 weeks into a veg to show) but it will be the only thing in this grow that will have changed, so really the only thing to take a picture of.

Thanks guys for sticking with me and all of the support.

Time seems to stand still when your waiting for things to happen in marijuana land.

I have a feeling they will be poking through in no time.

I've never grown in cubes before. I am a saucer and wet paper towel behind the fridge guy.

Vlad :bongrip:

It's gotta be something with those plugs Bama.

Have you carefully exposed one or two of the seeds a bit to see if anything is happening? Even older seeds should have come up by now.

Frustrating I know but it'll happen. Get the tent all setup, make sure everything works and run it with everything on to monitor temps and tweak any deficiencies so once you get seedlings it's all good to go.

Help keep your mind off other things too. :)

L8r

lol. OMU I am going to open the cubes very carefully tomorrow. I know that all the beans had poped, and I had one that had a very nice taproot in like 2 days but it was upside down so i turned it ever so gently with the tweezers. Maybe I killed them or maybe not. I do not know but I will find out tomorrow.

not everyone into it but that why I like to pop em in a paper towel then throw it in the plug

Update:

Well the tent is put up and the lights are hung. I have also hung the filter and blower but will be on my way to the hardware store for clamps and ducting that was supposed to be included but was not. That is just a very small amount of ass burn compared to the fact that my beans died. I don't know for sure how I killed them but I am pretty sure it was me. I put no blame on Crop King for the loss. I have 3 more WW, so I put them in water this morning and one has sunk. The other 2 need more time. I also put in my clip on fans. I have not set up my RDWC system because it may be a week before I have sprouts to put into them. So I did not want to wast the electricity running water and air yet.

My plan for this round of germination is going to be just like cronichemphog was suggesting. I will pop them in the paper towel between a couple of plates on top of my fridge. Then I will place them in the RR cubes and place those in the RDWC buckets with the water level just high enough to splash the RR cube. I will then use expanded clay to hold the cubes in place. That way I should only have to mess with the sprout one time.

If I kill these beans I am going to just go apeshit. I am so upset/embarrassed that I killed those seeds. Oh well. That happens sometimes. So now That I have all of the equipment needed for a grow, and have some beans soaking, I really feel like I am in a grow. :) Now I just have to germ some seeds, pop in the pots, feed them what they want when they want it, avoid infestations, mold, diesase, over feeding, lock out from pH, and high water temps. Should be smooth sailing. :)

I feel your pain my friend.

I've always soaked mine after roughing them up by shaking them in a pill jar lined with sandpaper then right into small seed starter 9 - hole pots filled with the screened promix once they popped and had a tail.

I did the usual with some seeds I had but when they popped a tail didn't emerge or was brown and dead. I finally just roughed up the last of the beans and put them directly into the promix and covered it loosely with plastic to keep the top moist. 3 out of 4 sprouted to go with the one I got from 12 beans. It's growing beside the 3 new ones.

SeedStart.jpg

20 years ago I let my paper towel thing dry out and killed 30 popped beans then lost 10 more when they went all moldy so never tried it again. Different strokes for different folks tho and what works for one won't for another.

I'm not impressed with those Rapid Rooters or RockWool much but a lot of folks use them and get great results so it's gotta be me. :)

I find it best to get a good mother and take cuttings. Once they've rooted well in my starter pot I just put the rooted plug in the bottom of the net pot and fill it with the clay balls. Hand water twice a day through the pot for 2 or 3 days or until the first little roots are starting then they can get their own water. I usually have a layer 2 or 3 balls deep under the clone so it's not sitting directly in the net pot.

Are those WW of yours fem seed? Thought you had more or some on the way.

Keep the faith!

L8r

Bama is going to cut the cubes open. Let's hope for the best and see what happens.

:bongrip::bongrip::reading420magazine:Vlad

EDIT, I see that Bama said they died already. Sorry comrade

OMU

I love your photo of the young'uns. I do have feminized WW. All the seeds I ordered are feminized. I just do not have the space to go with regular seeds and then go hunting for perfect females. If I get the hang of this I will probably buy another small tent and turn it into a mother tent and go from there, but that is a ways a way. I really do appreciate yours and everyone else's advice and experience. It is helping me tremendously. I have to say that I really am enjoying myself but would enjoy it more if I had some plants to grow :).

Vlad,

Yeah I cut the cubes and the tails had broken off of all of them. I am not sure why this happened. Could have been environmental or I miss handled them or something. I am going to try something different this time with the paper towel method. I was very tempted to switch over to a different strain of seeds. I did finally get my original order. They Dr. Krippling's Puff Puff Pass Out. Supposed to have a lot of the same characteristics of WW but a different taste. But then the title of the journal would be off and I did have three more beans, so going to try and do what I had originally planned. It is all a learning experience and while not pleasant when you get a setback, it still has something to teach you.

Thanks so much for being a part of my grow and thanks so much for sharing your grow on this site and allowing me to be a part of that. I appreciate it buddy.

Update:
All three beans are resting on the bottom of the cup now. I shall let them sit there until the morning. Will be using the paper towel method this go round. Went and picked up the clamps and hose for the filter/fan setup. I did not get that put together yet but will get on it tomorrow. Also tomorrow will be turning on the lights for the first time. :) Need to make sure I have them centered and such. I am very excited about that. Yes there are tons of pics (especially on LightAddicts journal) of lights but I am still excited to see in person.

Update:

I have the beans in a paper towel. Two of the three sprouted little tails. I think the third will also. The third bean was a little late sinking to the bottom so that is probably why it does not have the tail yet (I hope).

I actually had a bitch of a time hanging the lights. and now that they are hung they constantly want to swivel. I am going to have to tie them to a pole to keep them in position (PITA). They look great. Now before I embarrass myself, I want to just say that I have never had to work with inline fans and ducting before. I hung the fan and filter. I did look to see which way the fan needed to be orientated to blow the air out. But there was no arrow or anything that showed the direction of the airflow. I could have turned it on and just felt it, but I did not. I used what I thought was a pretty logical guess and connected it up. Well, of course the fan was blowing into the tent. (Major PITA). That was another fine example of learning more from F-ups than from success. With the fans and the filter/fan set up, it is actually pretty windy in the tent. I was playing with the lights and they are so cool looking. I will say this, nobody mentions how intense LED's are in such small spaces, especially with every surface being reflective! Got a head ache in like 5 minutes. The LEDS do put out some heat but 2-3 inches away from the light and I could not feel any heat.

If all goes well I will have these three beans in the buckets in a day or three. I am looking forward to that. Now that the tent is set up and all the equipment has been tested, I am ready to get to growing and measuring/observing the grow. I feel like I have built a garden condo instead of a garden room! :) I have hopefully set up a great grow space for these little girls and they will just prosper and grow very big in there. Anyway, sorry for not updating yesterday (got busy), I will take pictures this weekend and post some up probably this evening. Thanks to everyone for dropping by and giving out all the great vibes and advice. I really appreciate it. :)

I keep telling people stop staring at the lights :rofl:

edit

oh yea I forget whos thread it was in but if you get all thread cut it to size
need the correct size to fit in the holes on the led fixture where it hangs
the rod goes through 2 holes you need nuts and washers also
basically instead of 4 points to hang the light your only gonna have 2 points to hang and it will be adjustable
ill take a pic above the light that I have this setup so you know what im talking about
when I say adjustable you can adjust it with angle or keep it flat
it was a Great Idea I forget whos journal and who thought of it but it works great

Just a quick note. I do not keep the lights on at the moment. I just had them on to take a few light pics. Cronic I am very interested to see the set up you were talking about for your diy light hangers. I have to say that I am getting very excited about getting ready to use the RDWC system. In my mind I am picturing a tent bursting like Lightaddict's current grow. If you have not looked at LA's grow and his tent pics recently, you really should. He has a freaking forest in his living room. Seriously, he either has a serious pot habit or a lot of very loyal friends with which to share all the freaking bud he will be getting from that grow :)
Anyway, just had to point out LA. I would love to be growing like that in a year or so. Wow.

Update:

Just looked at the beans again, and all the beans have tap roots now. One of them has really taken off. It's tap root is about an inch long now. I will be putting it in a plug today. If you guys think I should put the others in a plug now let me know.
2015-08-16_08_51_14.jpg

I took some pics you kinda can see what im talking about
if you need more explanation I can maybe use paint and make a diagram
or maybe ill try and figure out the autocad :rofl:
ill throw the pics in my update on my journal sometime today or tonight
depending if I have trouble uploading or not

Back
Top Bottom