1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

Cronic,

I appreciate your effort buddy. I was just reading your journal and sorry to hear about your boy. I completely understand, believe me. I have one as well, younger than yours but I am really trying to get it in his head to use his brains and show him how things work. If it does not involve games or something like that, he tunes out in like 5 minutes. You can see the future for him and you just get so frustrated that he will not put in any effort, or much effort, to learn something. Good luck, and try to forgive him and tomorrow is another day.
BTW, I spent almost 3 years on Oahu, 2 of them living in Waikiki just off of the beach. It was just amazing. I loved it. Maui and Molokai were my favorite places to visit. I was single then and Waikiki was like fishing in a barrel. :)

That long one definitely should be in something right away and the others in the next day likely.

If these die chuck the cubes.

L8r

Cronic,

I appreciate your effort buddy. I was just reading your journal and sorry to hear about your boy. I completely understand, believe me. I have one as well, younger than yours but I am really trying to get it in his head to use his brains and show him how things work. If it does not involve games or something like that, he tunes out in like 5 minutes. You can see the future for him and you just get so frustrated that he will not put in any effort, or much effort, to learn something. Good luck, and try to forgive him and tomorrow is another day.
BTW, I spent almost 3 years on Oahu, 2 of them living in Waikiki just off of the beach. It was just amazing. I loved it. Maui and Molokai were my favorite places to visit. I was single then and Waikiki was like fishing in a barrel. :)

no worries man it is what it is he had help I had to figure it out for myself
go figure
so it took me hrs to get my pics uploaded it uploads so much then disconnects and it isn't my connection cause
I can go everywhere else and do other things online just cant connect to 420
\so I go through this a few times cause I have to wait like an hr or more before it lets me connect again
this been going on for maybe the last 3 weeks or so but I got it all uploaded and after I get through these new posts on my subs ill get to updating ill try and stop here to drop those pics but ill have em in my journal for sure

heres a couple pics theres an explanation on my journal update

DSC068773.JPG

DSC068781.JPG

Update:

I really was blown away by the growth of my aggressive bean. yesterday morning I posted those pics of the three beans and one easily had a tail 3x longer than the others. Well last night after reading OMU and chronic's post I went to check on the beans again and make sure they did not dry out overnight. The aggressive one was starting to shed its shell, and the tail was getting fuzzy. I was blown away by that kind of development in basically 14 hours or so. This morning I put all the beans in RR cubes. I sliced open the cube for seed "A" and closed it around the root (it had shed the entire shell off by then) The other two beans went into their cubes, root down, and I placed a bit of the cube that I tore off over the hole. I have left one light on all day (the timer is set up for 18/6) but it was not directly over the seed tray. This was just to give the one sprout something to look for.

Well I have just come back from checking on them again. The sprout is now pointing up and looks great. The other two show no difference. For anyone else out there that has experience with seeds, you probably already know that this is pretty normal basic stuff, but I am just floored with how fast the one bean seems to be progressing. The other two I would really like to see some more effort from them. It is my sincere wish that all of these beans share this aggressive desire to grow. :)

So after three weeks of just talking (sometimes not even about cannabis) I finally have pics of something growing for my grow journal. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed seeing them in person. Thanks.

A few pics from this morning:
This first one is what the two slow pokes looked like before going into the RR cube.
2015-08-17_11_08_21.jpg

And here is speedy Gonzales
2015-08-17_11_08_11.jpg

Now here is what she looked like tonight:
2015-08-17_21_15_12.jpg

2015-08-17_21_15_21.jpg

:cheer::bravo::high-five::love::party::ganjamon: Outstanding.

I have 3 like that now and 4 more that didn't pop
ones out of the top of the plug the other 2 aren't but ill check again tomorrow

Up and running! :bravo:

Just looks so weird the way it's standing but as long as the tail is digging in it should be OK.

Congrats and lets all pray it all goes better with this good omen!

L8r

hey comrade Bama your back! happy days again on 420. Great to see the show back on the road M9

I told you the wet paper towel would be an indispensable tool for starting your grow ;)

Vlad

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I really hope that the other two pop up as well. The seeds are supposed to be feminized but that is not 100% guaranteed. It would be some major ass burn if I only had one shoot and it turned out to be a male. I am setting up the RDWC buckets and going to fill them up this afternoon. I will finaly be using all my meters to start taking readings. I look at my city water report and it looks like it will be pretty good. I expect the ppm to be below 100. So kind of excited to see what I measure. After the buckets are set up and adjusted as needed, I will be placing the shoot into a bucket and then putting a light on it. I am only going to add the start supplement to it but at a very weak level. About 4ml/gal.

Well that is the plan. I will take some pics and post later tonight. Thanks again to everyone.

Update:
NOOB! I am a noob! I am surprised that the plant is not dead. This being my first time growing in a RDWC system, I am learning everything. I studied and took notes from all of the great growers on this site. I watched hours of you tube videos and spent a good bit of my hot rod fund to get this grow started. Now, I have only just now dialed in my pH level. I have been using my meter and adjusting with the pH up/down accordingly. But not having a frame of reference for how much of this stuff to use to adjust my system was a serious set back. I now know that a little bit of this stuff makes a big difference. Over the last 48 hours, my pH has fluctuated from 2.2 - 10+ pH. I was so frustrated! It is now at a 6.2 and it will stay there until the morning when I will have to dump everything and refill my res. Seriously! My tap water is pretty good quality but very high pH. It has 154ppm and 8.2 pH. I had added a 150 ppm of canna start to the system and some pH down to get to a reading of 324ppm. I then went to bed and checked the pH in the morning and it was down to 2.2! I freaked and put some pH up but then had to leave for the day. When I checked it that afternoon the pH was over 10 ( I am calibrating the damn meter before every measurement). I added some down and had to take care of real life issues and fell asleep. This morning checked the pH and it was at 3.4 so added up and left for the day. It was back up to 8.1. So for the last two hours I have been adjusting it to get to 6.2. I checked the ppm and I am over 700 now. So yeah, now I will scrap the water and everything from this tomorrow and get it dialed in before doing anything else.

I also have not been able to stablize the water temp. It is staying ~74 degrees during the day until about 3pm. Then it will start rising to about 81 degrees. That is a fairly easy fix and will also be taken care of tomorrow. I swear that I am not trying to kill my 2 little ladies but it must seem like it to them. Yeah one of the other plugs sprouted this morning and tonight it is looking like it will survive if I do not keep screwing up it's environment. Also sprout one is putting out it's first set of fan leaves. They are so small last night you really had to get close to seem them. Tonight though they are easy to see from the peek in window. So I checked the third plug and the tap root is over the top of the stem! Some how the root grew up (it is also very feathery). The seed must have turned upside down when it went into the plug. I would have sworn that It was right side up when I put it in there. I do not know if the stem will be able to rise up over the root or if it will die. It really would be great if all three survived to produce clones for me. If not, 2 will work. That is a long ways away though. First I have to be able to prepare the water so that plants will actually survive in it. I swear the only reason why the plants are still alive is they were excellent seeds to begin with (Thank you Crop King) and the tent and other equipment I bought are all really good quality.

Anyway, I am tired and frustrated and will be headed for sleep now. I will post pics tomorrow. I have been taking pictures (just like any new grower wood :) ) but I am too tired to mess with it. But tomorrow there will be 72 hours worth of growth to look at. So that is pretty cool. Good night all.

your not directly adding up or down into the res?
mix it with some water and cut it first I know your in a rdwc but still
you making sure the ph is stable at what you see before you walk away?
why would you have to calibrate the meter so much? what kind of meter is it?
get a quality meter and if it is a quality meter you have to trust your equipment
I calibrate 1 time a month

Cronic,

It is a HM digital meter. It was $70 and I calibrate it because I could not believe at first what I was seeing. Now I have some confidence in it I will not be calibrating it all the time. I am adding directly into the res. I am a noob. Not one grow journal I read really talked about these very basic steps. So I made some completely wrong assumptions. It is all my fault, and I am adding all of my mistakes here so the next noob to come along can hopefully learn from me. Thank you for that very helpful tip. I have bruised my own ass from all the times I have kicked it today and yesterday.

I am going to sleep now but will definitely have some updates and pics tomorrow. Good night all.

I read your problems and understand your frustration Bama.

It's all so 2nd nature to me and my 3 years doing university level chemistry really helps with almost everything I do with pot. From mixing nutes to distilling butane it all feels natural. I used to use epsom salts all the time for magnesium but had no money for CalMag so I was missing out on the Ca. I did have pure nitric acid and a big jar of marble chips so I made calcium nitrate. Problem solved.

I had a 4" vent already in my grow room but no money for a decent fan. I took a 5" fan out of a broken microwave, spent $5 on a 4" - 5" adaptor and a couple of 5" corner brackets to mount the bare bones fan on and another problem solved. Lining up everything to fit with about 1/16 clearance between the fan blades and the adaptor was tricky but 5 years working in a small machine shop helped there.

Now we need some wins for you Bama!

L8r

I have the cheapo yellow ph meter that cost about 12 bucks. I calibrate it before every use. I use the stoner method. I fill half a shot glass with 7-up. 7-up has a ph of 3.67, always. it takes about five minutes to get it calibrated correctly, but this is a crucial step. when I did dwc I could never seem to get my ph stable. it always seemed to take 2-3 days before I could get a constant reading.

always finish the hot rod first! but every hot rodder knows, the hot rod is never finished.

always finish the hot rod first! but every hot rodder knows, the hot rod is never finished.

LOL. My hot rod dreams went from a fairly cheap concept of grabbing a 73-75 nova and just doing a Genko clone/tribute, to now I want a 64 -66 GTO stealth resto mod. So.... This just seemed cheaper. :) And if I can master hydro (or at least get to a point of growing more than I enjoy) every mechanic and body shop I have ever known has been a big fan of MMJ. So it might make the hot rod build a little cheaper by hooking up the guys! Dreams, just my day dreams.

for what it's worth it takes my 6 gal res's 20-30 hrs for the PH to stabilize with a res / nute change. although I have no evidence I suspect this stabilization time is dependant on a number of things (your nutes, res, etc..). I've been trying to pre-mix / PH a day before actually changing the res to stabilize, but that can be a PITA for numerous reasons.

I really hope you can get those res temps under control man! I had a few previous (attempted) grows which failed due to root rot (water temps 73F+); thats when I invested in the water chiller (not cheap). I recently started using "Hydroguard" (rather than h2o2) which is supposed to help with root "issues". I'm not sure if this product would buy you a water temp buffer, but perhaps its worth reading up on it if you can't get those res temps down.

I can see it now -- a few months from now your going to have fat flowers in this journal!! :)

for what it's worth it takes my 6 gal res's 20-30 hrs for the PH to stabilize with a res / nute change. although I have no evidence I suspect this stabilization time is dependant on a number of things (your nutes, res, etc..). I've been trying to pre-mix / PH a day before actually changing the res to stabilize, but that can be a PITA for numerous reasons.

I really hope you can get those res temps under control man! I had a few previous (attempted) grows which failed due to root rot (water temps 73F+); thats when I invested in the water chiller (not cheap). I recently started using "Hydroguard" (rather than h2o2) which is supposed to help with root "issues". I'm not sure if this product would buy you a water temp buffer, but perhaps its worth reading up on it if you can't get those res temps down.

I can see it now -- a few months from now your going to have fat flowers in this journal!! :)

I am really, really considering the chiller. I do not want to spend another $300+ dollars, but I really do not want to have to worry about the temps. I have about another four weeks of high temps and then it should be fine. I am right on the bubble at the moment. I want to give it another couple of days before saying f it and going with the chiller. I already see several things that I would have done differently when designing my grow area. one of them would be to have a single res and bucket system instead of breaking it up like I did, and there are about a dozen other things that I would have done differently. But with experience comes perspective.

Thanks for chiming in guys.

I just want a first gen Camaro with a funny car drive train then visit Oklahoma :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom