1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

Update:
There is nothing to update. The seeds have not poped to the surface yet and my damn tent is not here. So upset about that now. I know the exciting parts of the grow are coming, but going out to check on the beans to see if they have poked through to the surface is very boring. I understand how fast these amazing plants can grow but I am bored at the moment. :) Anyway this makes day 3 in the rapid rooter and still nothing. Hope tomorrow has something better to do.

Update:
Nothing new. Nada, nothing poking through. Just stupid brown cubes. So bored. So note to self. Will need to start the germination process 2 weeks prior to placing in RDWC buckets. By the way, there is a new grow journal called First Grow - Casey Jones - DWC - SCROG - Ice Probe Thermoelectric Chiller He is having some issues with his lady. If anyone of the more experienced people can look at his pics and offer some advice that would be great. He did a 7 week veg and used a scrog. His one plant is an absolute beast! Now something is eating his leaves and he is in the flowering part. I would hate to see him lose his harvest this late in the game. Thanks again to everyone who is dropping by for this journal. I really appreciate all the help and encouragement.

I feel your pain, bama. I'm presently doing my first ever germination of 2 seeds. No co-operation at all from one & the other is ignoring my time schedule!!

well hes not really doing any weekly or bi weekly res changes atm
just using dm zone I do weekly my buckets get cleaned and the whole res is changed out according to the schedule for the next week
reason being is a meter will tell you how much ppm is in there but not what nutrients are used and what nutrients are left in there i.e. amount of nitrogen/ phosphorous/etc.
so you just add to up the ppm but if you ask me its like blindly adding cause you may be adding something you don't need to add
or not adding enough of something that's short
doing a weekly bi weekly schedule of cleaning and changes assure you that you are following schedule and should have the correct amount of nutes for said week

Cronic
That is a great point. I really had not thought about that in that way. But that is an excellent point. So, how do I get these stupid beans to make seedlings? I have checked them again and still nothing new. How long do they take?!? I am bored. lol :)

Cronic
That is a great point. I really had not thought about that in that way. But that is an excellent point. So, how do I get these stupid beans to make seedlings? I have checked them again and still nothing new. How long do they take?!? I am bored. lol :)

I perform a voodoo ritual. dress up in the speedo and indian chief feathered headdress.
then I make sure the temperature is just right and that they are a little damp.
then I put back on my ritual outfit because, merica.

this is nothing, wait till you get about eight weeks into flower and you have no smoke and you know its just about a week more for perfect......................

well hes not really doing any weekly or bi weekly res changes atm
just using dm zone I do weekly my buckets get cleaned and the whole res is changed out according to the schedule for the next week
reason being is a meter will tell you how much ppm is in there but not what nutrients are used and what nutrients are left in there i.e. amount of nitrogen/ phosphorous/etc.
so you just add to up the ppm but if you ask me its like blindly adding cause you may be adding something you don't need to add
or not adding enough of something that's short
doing a weekly bi weekly schedule of cleaning and changes assure you that you are following schedule and should have the correct amount of nutes for said week

Top notch advise from a top notch grower. :adore:

I perform a voodoo ritual. dress up in the speedo and indian chief feathered headdress.
then I make sure the temperature is just right and that they are a little damp.
then I put back on my ritual outfit because, merica.

this is nothing, wait till you get about eight weeks into flower and you have no smoke and you know its just about a week more for perfect......................

:rofl:
Mushy I have no smoke now. TBVH with you I have not smoked in years and years. Not because I believed in prohibition, but my job was such that I could not have. I had written a little too much about me and just deleted it. But yeah, I am now in a position that I can enjoy this and get a new hobby. It seems like it will be fun once the damn beans sprout up (and my grow tent arrives).
I do not have the head dress but I have a couple of friends that are part Indian that I still keep in touch with. Perhaps I could ask one them. :)

well it all depends on when you prefer to pop your beans I go by the moon a few days as its starts and up to a couple days before the full moon
some people like to pop on the full moon
avoid waning moon for plants like ours
im not saying it wont pop on a waning moon but it just may take longer I put mine in a paper towel between a couple Styrofoam plates on my tent with a small tape measure on it for weight to hold the top plate on I check every couple days

That's true that ppm doesn't tell you how much of each nutrient is left but doing weekly changes wastes a lot of what's still there. Especially with little clones and smaller plants at the beginning. To dump a tub of perfectly good nutes a week after installing clones goes against everything my tight-fisted Scottish father ever taught me about thrift. :)

A lot of it comes with experience and after 40+ tubs, some with up to 20 plants each, I can read my plants pretty good and keep them happy. And decent nutes designed to grow pot like what AN makes means that the nutes for each stage are proportional to what the plants are going to use. Also by using good RO water I know that my ppm reading isn't skewed by mineral buildup from my water. I've done tubs from clone to chop without changing nutes and they are as good as ones I've changed a few times during the grow. Saved a ton of money and work not packing jugs of water downstairs and used water back up. I generally change once before flip then at around week 6 for an 8 week plant I will pump out half the tub and add a low dose of fresh nutes so the ppm is around 600. Some OverDrive too if I have it.

For newer growers sticking to a schedule is probably best at first but I would still say to wait 2 -3 weeks before the first change if they can monitor the ppm and raise it by adding smaller amounts of nutes to keep boosting the ppm to rapid growth levels of around 1000. Fresh clones around 300 - 400ppm, good growth starting then up to 600 or so then by the time vigorous growth is going 800 - 1000 or more. Then do a recharge and hit higher than 1000 for the big run before flipping when the plants are going to eat like they're starving during the stretch. As stretch slows so does the daily ppm drop so just bloom enhancers and a bit more bloom nutes will do the trick.

And always top up with fresh water before testing ppm or pH! Most of the drop in nute level is just the water getting used and that depends on the temp and RH of the grow room. As the water level drops the ppm goes up as it becomes more concentrated. You dilute it again when you top up so then you can tell how much your plant is actually eating. Not so if tap water is being used as the minerals in it will skew the true ppm that the nutes would read. If tap water higher than say 50ppm is being used then nute changes need to be more often to get rid of the salts buildup from what's left over after the water has been removed by the plant.

That's been working for me for over 10 years.

L8r

well it all depends on when you prefer to pop your beans I go by the moon a few days as its starts and up to a couple days before the full moon
some people like to pop on the full moon
avoid waning moon for plants like ours
im not saying it wont pop on a waning moon but it just may take longer I put mine in a paper towel between a couple Styrofoam plates on my tent with a small tape measure on it for weight to hold the top plate on I check every couple days

Crap I am in a wanning moon phase right now. Full moon was about 8 days ago

lol
its recycled to the outside plants
herbs and other plants

edit

if im not too lazy to carry the buckets outside :rofl:

Update:
There is nothing new to update. The beans still have not sprouted. That is 6 days since being placed in the rapid rooter and nothing yet. I believe that two of them will happen soon. I have no idea when the other two will pop. I will take pics as soon as some one pops up.

I still have not received my tent. I sent an e-mail yesterday morning and received a response back telling me I would get my tent today or tomorrow. They did not give a reason as to why I did not receive it on the 6th, but instead they said they have shipped another and sent it expedited. I am really getting frustrated with them. If the tent does not arrive Wedsnday, I will cancel the order and reorder from another vendor. That will really mess this grow up. I probably should have waited until I had it before starting the germination process.

Thanks for stopping by everyone. I apologize about the slowness of the journal so far. There really is not much to say about waiting for beans to sprout. But I do appreciate reading the other journals on here. :) Have a great week.

I use rooting plugs myself but I germ in a paper towel once I see taproot then I put it in rooting plug
saves time and rooting plugs
when it has about 1/2 - 3/4 inch of a taproot I split the rooting plug open gingerly place the seed in with taproot facing down close and use a toothpick to kinda stitch it to keep it closed

Cronic I believe that I will use that same method when I try again. I just checked them again and still nothing. I am just not sure what they are doing.

On to other news, I have a tracking number for my tent. I will get it tomorrow. I can not believe what a PITA it has been to get it. But, better late than never. The other thing is the seeds I ordered from the first seed bank that I referenced a few days ago, well their replacement shipment just got to me. It is not what they said they were going to send. There were 3 unmarked seeds in the order. I have no idea what they are. And then I only got one of the strains that I had ordered. This has convinced me that I will never ever order from them again. I also will not be contacting them or anything. What a joke.

So just sitting around waiting for my tent to get here and for the beans to sprout. Thanks everyone for stopping by for what has turned into my Drama Journal. LOL :)
Hopefully starting this weekend, I will be able to start posting some actual grow updates with pictures of plants.

Hang in there, bama. You're luck's bound to change. I, too, am a first time (wannabe) grower suffering similar woes. I'm finding in spite of all the research, dreaming & planning sometimes we just aren't able to make things happen as we wish. Let's just mark it up to the learning process & invision better days ahead!!

Back
Top Bottom