1st Time Cloning! Sexing Mothers For Perpetual Grow =)

BubblyHash

Hello :420: and all readers. This is where I'm going to continue my journal to anyone who was following before. To all new viewers and subscribers, :welcome: I have 1 super silver haze, 1 jack herer, 1 blueberry, and 1 diesel all in veg. It's been about 5 weeks from seed, and yesterday I took the first sexing clone. It was from the blueberry, which I attemted to FIM around week 3. It didn't work, left the top looking shaggy, and was growing taller than the rest. So I decided to go with a traditional topping. Not wanting to toss a potential female plant, I figured I'd whip up a little Clonex solution, add a little Clonex gel, toss her in a rockwool cube and see what happens. It's been about 16 hours. I'll post up a pic or two of the ghetto clone box. Pictures of the mothers can be found in the journal in my signature. (None are fully mature moms yet :;): )

IMG_016717.JPG
-This was the 16 hr picture.

IMG_016920.JPG
-24 hrs

IMG_016920.JPG
-36 hrs

IMG_018224.JPG
-Couldnt resist. Its a pumpkin seed I found had germinated itself in a pumpkin from Halloween. After survivng the frosts and growing a 6 inch white stem in the dark, I decided this guy was a trooper and I had room for a small pumpkin vine until spring :peace:

Anyway it's now been 60 hrs, and I'm starting to worry that she's not gonna take. I've been misting her regularly, and the temps stay right about 82 (if I use the heating pad it gets up near 95 :thedoubletake: ) I have a couple pics if anyone has some input on how she looks. Like I said I've never tried cloning before so any advice is welcome.
IMG_018521.JPG

IMG_018421.JPG

IMG_018325.JPG

Well, nothing nuch has changed with the clones aside from some yellowing and drooping of fan leaves. New growth still green, but starting to get droopy. Not seeing any roots, but it's only been about 5 days since I cut them. Heres some pics of the potential mothers, since nothing new is happening with the clones :yummy:
Full House
IMG_018616.JPG

The Diesel
IMG_018923.JPG

Jack Herer
IMG_019117.JPG

Super Silver
IMG_019017.JPG

Blueberry
IMG_019318.JPG

Looking good brother. I am subbed. :thumb:

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted, I've been busy with the holidays and all that fun stuff. Anyway, the clones are good, they have began to grow some beastly roots, just waiting for them to get a bit longer before they go into the coco. The mothers are no longer mothers, due to certain circumstances that won't allow me to keep mothers just yet. So they're now in day 3 of flowering. I'll follow up this post with some pics, :peace:

So theres a couple pics of the new Jerome Baker Designs water pipe mixed in as well. So nice I had to share it :circle-of-love: Anyway I waited a couple days before taking pics and transplanting. The clone with roots coming out the bottom of the rockwool was actually taken a couple days after the first one. However, the first one was just a top, and rather than toss it, I figured I'd give cloning a go. I didn't leave a node at the bottom to cut and dip in gel, but I did with the second one, and you can clearly see the difference in root development. Then pics of the flowering bunch before and after some LST. Still only day 5 so no preflowers yet.. Oh yeah and clones in their new homes :thumb:
IMG_021429.JPG

IMG_024026.JPG

IMG_023128.JPG

IMG_023235.JPG

IMG_021922.JPG

IMG_024724.JPG

IMG_024918.JPG

IMG_024829.JPG

So it's about two weeks into flowering, and they were all males. Sucks. Have to pay for fem seeds next time. Later 420.

That is a bummer man.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us. Sorry about it how it turned out though.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom