Dinsdale's Perpetual Grow - Exotic Thai - Flo - NYC Diesel & More

Hey everybody, long time no see!

Nothing much is happening right now in the tents.
The veg tent is still over-crowded and the flower tent is pretty much on cruise control.
So here's a few pictures...

Seven plants in the 2x2 veg tent, waiting for a spot to open up in the flower tent.

CIMG9095.JPG

Flo bud at day 47.
Internodal spaces are filling up nicely. Only two colas on this plant but they're already quite heavy. I think they're gonna look pretty good in the end.

CIMG91061.JPG

Flo bud at day 57.
Should be ready soon (in theory), but there's still a lot of new white pistils (and a bit of genetic foxtailing?). No amber trichomes and no purple sugar leaves yet. I stopped feeding this one, only water from now on.

CIMG91091.JPG

Unidentified CBD strain bud at day 57.
There's almost no brown pistils yet. The buds are packing quite a lot of weight and the internodal spaces are filling up all along the two main stems. I can't wait to see the end result! I stopped feeding this one too, only water from now on.

CIMG9108.JPG

That's it for today, folks! :thanks:

That is a full house in the veg tent!

Buds are looking sweet.

How's the smell? I don't really have a serious extractor fan, just a bunch of fans to move the air in and out. Computer fans and and a server fan. But ultimately it's all going to just flow into the attic.

How's the smell? I don't really have a serious extractor fan, just a bunch of fans to move the air in and out. Computer fans and and a server fan. But ultimately it's all going to just flow into the attic.

The smell is quite strong but I've got a good exhaust fan and a good carbon filter, so no smell whatsoever outside the tents (which are in my kitchen).

The aromas have evolved a lot since the last time I tried to describe them, two weeks ago.
They're now very strong and distinct but still a bit difficult to describe.

• CBD: a very sweet floral scent I can't seem to identify (roses maybe?)
  • Flo: smells exactly like some kind of strawberry chewing-gum I loved when I was a kid (very sweet artificial strawberry flavoring)
  • Exotic Thai: smells almost kinda like sweet almonds (think Dr Pepper, or marzipan), very sweet but a little bit spicy at the same time

All in all, I'm very pleased with these aromas so far. I feel like I will really enjoy vaping these buds once they're properly cured in order to reveal their full aromatic potential :yummy:

Hi everybody!

The plants in flower are still not ready to be harvested just yet, and I've decided to make room and increase air circulation in the veg tent by experimenting with agressive pruning and defoliation. I figured I have too many plants anyway so I don't really care if I lose some of them in the process. We'll see how they respond to it.

On the left: untouched NYC Diesel and Exotic Thai #1.
In the middle: heavily pruned NYC Diesel clone, Exotic Thai #1 and #2.
On the right: lightly pruned and defoliated Flo and Exotic Thai #2.
(The suspended pot contains my seedling for the Red Cup challenge)

CIMG9182.JPG

:Namaste:

Here's some news from the flower tent.

So today I harvested the smallest Flo of the bunch, at day 59. It's a bit earlier than what I would usually do (almost all trichomes were cloudy, no amber). Let's say these four tiny colas are like an early sample of what to expect from the three other flowering Flo which are at day 63, 53 and 33.

CIMG9193.JPG

CIMG9195.JPG

Flo at day 63, end of week 9.
The calyxes are swelling nicely and the buds are leaning a little bit now. Harvest time is close...

CIMG9211.JPG

Exotic Thai #1 at day 58.
That's the healthiest plant of the bunch, but not the fastest. The colas are quite big but they're far from mature: I think she'll go 11 weeks.
But I'm starting to smell a delicious citrus/grapefruit aroma. This strain's lineage is {Thai sativa x NYC Diesel}, and that smell is cleary a trait from the NYC Diesel father. I can't wait to taste the final product!

CIMG9203.JPG

:thanks::Namaste:

Quite the tasty looking "sample" :) They all look so enticing though. :thumb:

Thanks! Like I said before, I'm not growing the biggest buds but I'm quite happy with them and the way they look, considering this is a low wattage setup. :slide:

Really nice journal! I'll visit more often :)

Are you still at 5g a month? That's quite the stash that you'll have ;)

Thank you very much! Make yourself at home! :high-five:

More like 3g a month now :laughtwo:
And I still have at least 35g left from my first two grows...

Hey ladies and gents!

Here's the weekend update.

- First of all, in the veg tent, the plants are responding well to the heavy pruning form the other day.
Here are the new growth tips on the pruned Exotic Thai #1 clone.

CIMG9212.JPG

- On the 26th of July, I took a NYC Diesel cutting. I put it in a Root Riot cube and I waited 3 to 4 weeks, but still no roots, so I stopped spraying water on it and I just abandoned it near a window. It just sat there for 4 more weeks and it started yellowing and wilting. And today, I just noticed this sad looking clone managed to take roots without my help! :laughtwo:

CIMG9216.JPG

Cannabis is really an impressive plant! Also, the Root Riot cube managed to keep moisture and maintain a suitable environment for the roots to grow for a month on its own. That's quite a feat!
I cut the dried part and put the rest in a small solo cup. One leaf and three tiny growth tips survived. I'll water it and we'll see if it pulls through.

CIMG9221.JPG

- Flo at day 66, week 10.
This plant is on final flush. She has almost no fan leaves left and they're all turning yellow and/or reddish, but she's still producing new white pistils.

CIMG92281.JPG

- Mystery CBD strain at day 66, week 10.
She's also on final flush. I guess two more weeks until harvest (at least).

CIMG9230.JPG

That's is for today, folks. Thanks for reading! :thanks:
Have a nice weekend everyone!
:Namaste:

It ain't the quantity that counts...its the quality!

Definitely! :yummy:

I will bet that the abandon clone will make it and probably impress the hell out of you when she grows up...seems that the plant you have the least faith in always out does the plants you have the most in.!:goodjob:

I hope you're right! (I've noticed you usually are) :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom