McBudz Perpetual Journal

Thanks guys things looking better for my blood pump. My actual cardiologist is much less concerned and actually is leaning towards Athletes Heart Syndrome where the heart enlargers in response to the constant physical demand of regular weightlifting.

He still wants to see more test to confirm but I'm feeling optomistic at this point so I'm staying with the positive energy from my last visit,

PICS:

2 Great White Shark Moms to be. both Fem. I just love the yields and dense bud quality. 24 hours light right now. just topped them today.

DSCN1030.JPG

BW MOM. Have her on a low power consumption and low heat light cycle. 6on/6off/6on/6off

Doesnt trigger flower and gives periods where not so much heat is being generated by the floros and save elec.

DSCN10291.JPG

Top shot of the veg closet. Just topped most of the taller ones. Time to turn on the chandelier and spread them out.

DSCN1031.JPG

New plan this go around.. I am using the air diffusing hose and pump from the ezcloner to run along the bottom of my tray to keep the thin pull super airated. And during flood the whole place gets bubbly. Seems to be working well.

DSCN10321.JPG

SB Mom went to flower last week in a 3.5 gallon bucket and soil. Found a nice place for her on top of the bucket the SB clone died on during the drought/pump failure

Something wacky happend during resize. some stretched a bit...

DSCN10361.JPG

Same plant:
DSCN10371.JPG

The side that got it the worse Hard to tell but a lot of fans have died off and some are in process but def. slowing down and tops sarting to grow and green up again. I had to clip a couple in a few places so the plant would stop putting energy into a lost cause.

DSCN10381.JPG

Choco clones took it pretty bad.

DSCN1039.JPG

I put their mom in there with them in soil

DSCN10493.JPG

The 5 week side

DSCN1040.JPG

DSCN1041.JPG

DSCN1044.JPG

DSCN10462.JPG

4 Belledonna regulars. Put in 12/12 to determine sex. Make moms of them

DSCN10513.JPG

:popcorn: For no good reason at all, I was not subscribed to this thread. Problem solved! Glad to be aboard.

EDIT: Hope all is well with you McBudz! We appreciate you sharing your skills with us.

Hey bro, hope all goes well. As dar as the images, kinda gives a new meaning to "stretching"! Horizontal vice verticle...lol. Your plants look to be doing fine, just minor setbacks, something everyone experiences at least once(some of us are repeat offenders).

Definitely looking good McBudz, you're the reason I joined the site today :grinjoint: lol

Gunna be starting a similar type grow to yours with the SoG method tryin to crop every month to month and a half.

But definitely a dank journal and an inspiration to us all.

The news about your heart definitely sounds good, well, better than the alternative.

Subbed.

:nicethread::bravo::peace:

BW MOM. Have her on a low power consumption and low heat light cycle. 6on/6off/6on/6off

Doesnt trigger flower and gives periods where not so much heat is being generated by the floros and save elec.

I've not heard of doing that before. I assume the short dark periods prevent blooming. Does this noticeably slow growth?

My thoughts are with you and your health.

:peace:

:popcorn: For no good reason at all, I was not subscribed to this thread. Problem solved! Glad to be aboard.

EDIT: Hope all is well with you McBudz! We appreciate you sharing your skills with us.

Better late then never ;) thanks for coming by

Hey bro, hope all goes well. As dar as the images, kinda gives a new meaning to "stretching"! Horizontal vice verticle...lol. Your plants look to be doing fine, just minor setbacks, something everyone experiences at least once(some of us are repeat offenders).

Yeah man they are starting to look better. They were very sad in the beginning. Thanks!

Definitely looking good McBudz, you're the reason I joined the site today :grinjoint: lol

Gunna be starting a similar type grow to yours with the SoG method tryin to crop every month to month and a half.

But definitely a dank journal and an inspiration to us all.

The news about your heart definitely sounds good, well, better than the alternative.

Subbed.

:nicethread::bravo::peace:

Thanks for joining us and stopping my journal. Good luck when you start yours. Plenty of people around here to help you out. Keep reading the site its the best thing you can do

I've not heard of doing that before. I assume the short dark periods prevent blooming. Does this noticeably slow growth?

Yes the short dark periods prevent bloom plus there is enough light from else where in the room. I dont really want to growing fast right now. I'm not ready for cuttings until next week and she is almost up in the lights. This is a god way to keep her maintained. I have heard of commercial flower growers doing this type of thing to keep the plants alive and not have them bloom while reducing costs.

Here is an alternate source on this concept.

CannaStats - Low Maintenance Mothering

Supposedly great when wanting to hold your mothers in stasis.

I gather the 6/6/6/6 cycle has worked well with you McBudz?

Hey bro just stopping by. Nice progress you have made, I think I am going to order some GWS when I order my seeds now. so many people have nothing but good things to say bout it. Quick question, your using a T5 for you mom plants? If so how many t5's and bulbs? I am thinking of getting two t5's with four 5000k bulbs to be the home for mother and clone plants. Hope you can help. Tx

Also need to do something about my timers. I use mech timers and they are not always in synch so my actual dark period does not turn out to be a perfect 12 hours. Thinking setting 1 timer to run 12.5 off 11.5 on and one at 12/12. This way if they drift hopefully its within 15 minutes either way during and I get a good 12 hour dark period.

I once saw a device / timer thing that ran 2 separate 15 amp circuits off 1 timer. took a low current signal from a single timer and on/off'd the power to both circuits from the single timer.

I forgot where it was and I have spent hours trying to find it again without luck. Its exactly what I need.

Or I need to get 2 easy to use digital timers and keep them in within minutes. These mech timers can really screw with you.

I haven't been on here in a while. I was getting caught up on your journal and saw this. Its an old post and by now you've probably sorted this out already. I haven't made it that far ahead yet. If you haven't sorted it out, or in case another can use the info...I'm using an intermatic timer. If you do a google search you can find info on their different models. I'd post a link but I'm posting from my cell. I got mine on sale at home depot for about 30 bucks. Its a 110 mechanical timer with a steel case. It needs to be hard wired but it is pretty easy to do, especially if you grow somewhere with unfinished walls such as a basement. I ran a new 30a circuit into the timer and then wired two 30a recepticles up and mounted them to the timer. I have a 1k plugged into each one in my flower room and I'm doing a mostly organic (my ez-cloner isn't using organic nutes-organic after they leave the cloner though) perpetual with two sides similar to yours. The timer controls each recepticle so they turn on and off at the same time. You could also buy a dryer or range cord or something similar and wire it to the timer so you could just plug it in. I think these types of timers are the way to go. With some basic electrical skills you can set them up in nearly any configuration to suit your needs at a fraction of what you'd pay for a similar device at a hydro shop. Intermatic makes several similar timers for 110 or 220. They make both mechanical and digital. These timers are normally used for water heaters (the little grey box), outside pools/hot tubs, and commercial/residential outdoor lighting. I also have a link to a great tutorial on growroom electrical set-up. It shows how to wire new circuits, subpanels, recepticles, timers like the intermatic I mentioned, recepticals, relays for light flip-flops, etc. It also gives info on wire and what to use in different situations (romex, metal clad, etc.). It is a very comprehensive thread and a grower who is an electrician by day is there to answer questions. If you'd like to check it out pm me and I will send you the link. Thanks for answering my questions on the ezcloner a while back. It is working wonderfully.

Here is an alternate source on this concept.

CannaStats - Low Maintenance Mothering

Supposedly great when wanting to hold your mothers in stasis.

I gather the 6/6/6/6 cycle has worked well with you McBudz?

Thanks Munki. The 6/6/6/6 did a fine job. I went back to 24/0 after I cut clones and trimmed the mom way back. Just to give it the extra energy. Once it starts shooting again I'll go back to 6's.

Nary a hiccup. Your room is running awesome again. Glad to hear your own health is fine as well.

:rollit:

Thanks bud. My health is good so far. Still have some follow ups though. The GR is doing ok. Got a harvest tomorrow and the cycle goes on.. :) pics to follow

Hey bro just stopping by. Nice progress you have made, I think I am going to order some GWS when I order my seeds now. so many people have nothing but good things to say bout it. Quick question, your using a T5 for you mom plants? If so how many t5's and bulbs? I am thinking of getting two t5's with four 5000k bulbs to be the home for mother and clone plants. Hope you can help. Tx

GWS is hearty and fairly easy to grow. yeilds are great. Smoke is good but not the best I've smoked.

1 big mom gets a 2 ft x 4 bulb 6500K t5 fixture. Works just fine at about 100 watts of consumption

McB, where are you? This site isn't the same without seeing your updates.... I hope all is well.

Busy as hell in the personal life. Lot going on; work; health; just found out may have a baby on the way.

I haven't been on here in a while. I was getting caught up on your journal and saw this. Its an old post and by now you've probably sorted this out already. I haven't made it that far ahead yet. If you haven't sorted it out, or in case another can use the info...I'm using an intermatic timer. If you do a google search you can find info on their different models. I'd post a link but I'm posting from my cell. I got mine on sale at home depot for about 30 bucks. Its a 110 mechanical timer with a steel case. It needs to be hard wired but it is pretty easy to do, especially if you grow somewhere with unfinished walls such as a basement. I ran a new 30a circuit into the timer and then wired two 30a recepticles up and mounted them to the timer. I have a 1k plugged into each one in my flower room and I'm doing a mostly organic (my ez-cloner isn't using organic nutes-organic after they leave the cloner though) perpetual with two sides similar to yours. The timer controls each recepticle so they turn on and off at the same time. You could also buy a dryer or range cord or something similar and wire it to the timer so you could just plug it in. I think these types of timers are the way to go. With some basic electrical skills you can set them up in nearly any configuration to suit your needs at a fraction of what you'd pay for a similar device at a hydro shop. Intermatic makes several similar timers for 110 or 220. They make both mechanical and digital. These timers are normally used for water heaters (the little grey box), outside pools/hot tubs, and commercial/residential outdoor lighting. I also have a link to a great tutorial on growroom electrical set-up. It shows how to wire new circuits, subpanels, recepticles, timers like the intermatic I mentioned, recepticals, relays for light flip-flops, etc. It also gives info on wire and what to use in different situations (romex, metal clad, etc.). It is a very comprehensive thread and a grower who is an electrician by day is there to answer questions. If you'd like to check it out pm me and I will send you the link. Thanks for answering my questions on the ezcloner a while back. It is working wonderfully.

Thanks bud. I found a cure to my issue through a good guy here. I now use a CAP universal power module thingy CAP -UPM I believe. It was brought up earlier in this journal but does exactly what I need it to do without having to hardwire anything which isnt really an option here.

Some new pics. Camera died didnt get to take too many..

Next round of clones. These are about 4 days old. Bumps starting to show on stems.

DSCN10541.JPG

All blue widow vegging. ready to go to flower once I harvest.

DSCN1055.JPG

DSCN10563.JPG

Great Whites (I need more soil so I'm having trouble keeping up in the small pots. New soil tomorrow hopefully. they got a little hungry at one point but are growing well )

DSCN10571.JPG

Left side that I almost lost due to pump failures. Doing ok now considering.
Soil Strawberry blue got hungry while I was away. She got some food today.
DSCN1058.JPG

Right side getting harvested tomorrow.

DSCN10601.JPG

Busy as hell in the personal life. Lot going on; work; health; just found out may have a baby on the way.

:rofl: I guess it's less than the "3 month rule" if you are saying you may have a baby on the way? Unless a stork really is just going to drop one off at your door?

Anyway, best news I heard all day. Mazl Tov to you my friend! All the more reason to get that ticker in top shape!

Sf.

:rofl: I guess it's less than the "3 month rule" if you are saying you may have a baby on the way? Unless a stork really is just going to drop one off at your door?

Anyway, best news I heard all day. Mazl Tov to you my friend! All the more reason to get that ticker in top shape!

Sf.

Yeah like just 2 different home tests saying yes and my girl just not feeling right. So in another week or so if things dont happen when they are suppose to then get a doctors confirmation. This is why I say "may". Its kind of mind blowing since I dont have any already, that I know about ;)

Aw man Mcbudz, thats cool if ur startin a family up. I'm not tryin to do that for at least a couple years. Let us know whats goin on, don't just disapear like boss did. *oh no he didn't* lol

Yeah like just 2 different home tests saying yes and my girl just not feeling right. So in another week or so if things dont happen when they are suppose to then get a doctors confirmation. This is why I say "may". Its kind of mind blowing since I dont have any already, that I know about ;)

Congrats Bro just dont move in hope its not too late. I already have a son and a step son and she wants to live together. Hold off as long as you can if possible LOL. Good news though if she is preggo its an awesome thing. One of them things you cant describe.

I HIGHLY recommend fatherhood - it's a trip. Good luck with it McBudz!! Good growers make great dads. Just like plants - give em what they need, but not too much, and they turn out great.

Plants are looking awesome, even the ones that suffered a bit look like they'll still be nice smoke. I can't wait to see how your blue widow turns out - I love the look of the one I'm growing so far.

Well life is sure throwing you curveballs McBudz! Life sure has a way of getting real interesting quickly at times.

Congrats brother!:thumb: 53 yrs old, 2 marriages and no children. MDVL had her plumbing removed after her first, so no chance of carpet munchers here. You will make a great father, that I am sure of.:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom