2012 The End Of Time - Going Back Outdoors

Truth Seeker

What strain is it?
  • 1x Bubblegummer
  • 1x GrandDaddy Purple
  • 1x California Dream
  • 1x Sweet Purple
  • 2x Afgoo

Are they Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Bubblegummer – 50/50
GrandDaddy Purple – 420% Pure Indica
California Dream – 65/35 Sativa
Sweet Purple – 50/50
Afgoo – 70/30 Indica

Are they in Veg or Flower stage?
Where ever nature will make them do.

Veg stage... For how long?
Bubblegummer, GrandDaddy Purple and the Afgoo’s were born on 3/30/12
California Dream and Sweet Purple were born on 4/4/12

Indoor or outdoor?
Outdoors - Where nature intended these beautiful plants to flourish.

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

soil... what is in your mix?
Supersoil, Perlite, and BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS (Root Magic) in 5 plants only

soil... What size pot?
  1. Pellets @ start
  2. 18 oz party cup
  3. 2 Gallon Pots
  4. Finally in 5 Gallon Buckets

Size of light?
Big bright light in the sky (The Sun for the stoners)

PH of media?

Any Pests?
None at start

How often are you watering?
As needed

Type and strength of nutrients used?
Blue Planet Nutrients. This grow will have all of Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer’s Pride Organic line up. Line up includes 3 part Organic solution

Also, will have the Organic Supplements
And for 1 of the Afgoo’s for a experimental run.

Sierra Natural Science donated to this grow the complete line of organic pesticides, fungicides and their Organic Nutrients.

Presenting

California Dream

CD1_33012.jpg

Cannabis Type: Sativa 65%
Grow Height: 2-4 feet
THC Levels: 23.9%
Flowering Length: 8 weeks
Yield Average: 500-700(g/m2)
Grow Difficulty: Moderately Difficult​

California Dream is a top shelf indica/sativa strain. It is moderately difficult to grow, and its seeds are relatively very expensive because of the high quality of its large buds with a lot of resin. These plants grow well either indoors or outdoors, yielding averages of 500g and 700g per plant, depending on where you grow them. Plants reach heights from 50-75cm tall and have an eight-week growing period.

California Dream is highly regarded as some of the best cannabis one can smoke. It is valued for its extremely high THC content of 23.9%, large amount of crystals and “skunky” smell to the buds, literally mouth-wateringly delicious fruity flavor, and desirable effects. Users will experience both an intense cerebral high perfect for being creative, as well as a pleasurable body buzz. This strain is the perfect medicine for any medicinal marijuana user who can afford it, whatever their ailment.

Sweet Purple

SP1_33012.JPG

Classification: Indica-dominant
Growing Environment: Outdoor
Garden Skills: Intermediate
Flowering Time: 8 - 9 weeks mid-September
Yield: Heavy to very heavy (up to 500 grams/plant)
Medical Uses: Chronic pain relief, insomnia, nausea, digestive issues, ADD/ADHD, arthritis
Breeder: Paradise Seeds​

Sweet purple has a thick, sweet and fruity taste, with minimal to no smoke expansion and flavors of pine, berries and fuel on exhale. This is a great medication for the nighttime patient who suffers from insomnia or pain relief.

Sweet Purple was created by Paradise in order to create a purple strain that would finish early, provide heavy yields of potent and flavorful medication. Sweet Purple is intended for outdoor cultivation in temperate regions. These bad ladies can reach an impressive 8 feet and yield up to 500 grams per plant of powerful medication. During maturity, Sweet Purple often takes on a deep lavender/purple color and smells of skunky grapes. Many growers like to make quality hash out of her trimmings due to the low calyx-to-leaf ratio.

The effect of Sweet Purple comes on rapidly and sends the toker into a deep and relaxed body high that is capable of inducing mild couch-lock and extreme munchies. This is one of the more stinky buds and can often be smelled from a good distance away when growing without proper filters. Surprisingly for an indica, it improves concentration and is suspected of assisting with ADD/ADHD as well as a wide array of various symptoms.

Bubblegummer

Bub1_32212.jpg

Type : Indica/Sativa hybrid
Flowering: 8 weeks indoors
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : Mid-End October
Height : Medium​

Originally the Bubble Gum was developed by growers in Indiana, USA. From there the genetics moved to New England and eventually Holland. lt has taken many generations to finally produce this stable BubbleGummer with the characteristic, sweet smell (truly resembling a typical bubble gum taste) and euphoric high; the original trademarks of this famous strain. She grows vigorously and finishes flowering in about 8 weeks. Highly resinous and extra sweet. Certain individuals actually display that distinct pink chewing gum scent and flavour. A medium tall, usually not too branchy (sometimes stretchy) plant, producing compact, crystal covered buds.

Afgoo
Af_32212.jpg

Classification: Indica (70%)/sativa (30%)
Growing Environment: Indoor/outdoor
Garden Skills: Intermediate
Flowering Time: 8 weeks
THC Content: 16 - 20%​
Medical Uses: Insomnia, chronic pain, multiple sclerosis, anorexia, anxiety, nausea, cancer
Buzz Rating: Tasting hashy, spicy, skunky and danky, this strain hits you hard and leaves a long-lasting effect. While it is 30% sativa, the effect is nearly 100% indica. Couch-lock is highly possible with this bud.

While the breeder of this Afghani #1 x Maui Haze is unknown, these stinky buds will coat your house or car with a pungent yet fragrant aroma that is intoxicating in its own way. The buds of this incredibly potent strain are medium-sized, light-green and so sticky that this bud will just clog up nearly any grinder. She takes on her indica parent’s traits of having an 8 week flowering time. She also grows of average height (usually no more than 5 feet) and has sativa-like leaves and is recommended for growers with at least a few successful grows under their belt.

GrandDaddy Purple
GDP_32212.jpg

Classification: Pure Indica
Optimal environment for growing: Indoors/outdoors
Prefers cooler temps.
8 to 9 weeks required for flowering.
Yield between 8 oz and 5 lbs when grown outdoors.
Susceptible to mites.
Gardening Skills Required: Moderate​

Medicinal Usages: Stress Relief, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Nervousness, Alzheimer’s, Migraines, Headache, Nausea, Depression, Parkinson’s Disease, Chronic Pain and Many More
Granddaddy Purple Buzz Rating: Hashy Grape Body Stone Granddaddy Purple Marijuana Description Green bud nuggets begin to show purple hues as they mature on Granddaddy Purple cannabis plants. This all-Indica marijuana strain is known worldwide for its many phenotypes that include Grape Ape, Grandaddy Grape Ape and Purple Erkel to name just a few. The strain hails from the Northern Californian hills as it has for more than 20 years. It grows very well indoors, either in water, air or soil. It has a predisposition to be short in bushy, as Indicas will. Extensive branching makes this lady a not-so-good candidate for Sea of Green cultivation. However, she is able to produce heavy yields when left to growing the way she prefers. Indoors, this shrub-like plant will grow up to 3 feet. Outdoors, up to eight. Internodes are tight, leaves are dark green/purple, and overall, Granddaddy Purple is a hardy grower. At all points of the growth cycle, Granddaddy Purple medicinal cannabis is able to be easily worked with. She likes the temperature kept cool, right around 75° F. However, as long as you give her at-least-adequate nutrients, water and lighting, you'll find her to be a vigorous grower. Like a true Indica strain will, Granddaddy Purple weed will give you an incredibly deep body stoning. Count on that. Experiment often and always enjoy giving a serious toke to some primo Granddaddy Purple cannabis!

Photo Timeline:
3/30/12
Afgoo’s
A_33012.JPG

Bubblegummer
B_33012.JPG

GrandDaddy Purple
G_33012.JPG

4/2/12
Afgoo (BPN)
AB_4212.JPG

Afgoo (SNS)
AS_4212.JPG

Bubblegummer
B_4212.JPG

GrandDaddy Purple
G_4212.JPG

Group Shot of the first 4
Group_4412.JPG

4/6/12
Afgoo (BPN)
AB_4612.JPG

Afgoo (SNS)
AS_4612.JPG

Bubblegummer
B_4612.JPG

GrandDaddy Purple
G_4612.JPG

California Dream
CD_4612.JPG

Sweet Purple
SP_4612.JPG

4/13/12
Afgoo (BPN)
AB_41312.JPG

Afgoo (SNS)
AS_41312.JPG

Bubblegummer
B_41312.JPG

GrandDaddy Purple
G_41312.JPG

California Dream
CD_41312.JPG

Sweet Purple
SP_41312.JPG

Well that’s where I am at this moment with my babies. I hope you all will enjoy the great outdoors with me, I can’t wait to start seeing flowers in August. Last year, Afgoo’s had started flowering in the last week of July.

:peacetwo:

I'm in !!!! I am especially interested in watching the bubblegummer, since I'm growing her imbred cousin sourbubble (bubblegum bx3). You really take some nice photo's!!! What program do you use to add the graphics/name title? Can't wait to watch this one for sure.... bong in one hand, sunglasses on, got my iced tea and ready for the show :)

I'm in !!!! I am especially interested in watching the bubblegummer, since I'm growing her imbred cousin sourbubble (bubblegum bx3). You really take some nice photo's!!! What program do you use to add the graphics/name title? Can't wait to watch this one for sure.... bong in one hand, sunglasses on, got my iced tea and ready for the show :)

High Icemud,

Thanks for stopping in, you go getter you, only had the post up for 15 minutes and you were already sitting in the lobby waiting for the feature presentation. I can't take all the credit on my photos, I have to share that with my brotha from another motha, Twelve12, He has some interesting reads on taking photos. Check them out here:
10 Top Photography Composition Rules
Photography: It's all about cropping
White Balance Yer Camera

I use PhotoShop for the text graphics.

Very nice start there Astonr420! The photo label is nice and clean. Good to see you're still doing it. It helps to see what we are looking at. I'm in on this one too!
High Twelve12,

I didn't even hit "submit reply" how you here already? LOL.

You really think it looks good? I finally got it to look nice enough, I have been doing this since about the 10th to get them to almost be uniform. Still working out some kinks but I have it down for the most part. It means a lot coming from you, on the positive comments of my photos, you are the one that I seek out advice and approvals on my photos.

Because of you Twelve12, I have a little side gig now where I get some free meds from a delivery service out here, I do their bud shots for them now. I don't mark em as mine or anything, but I bring out the beauty of our beloved meds. So thank you for the knowledge that you have passed on. A true 420% asset to this site, and our Mission.

It take a while before we find our style. Keep on experimenting you will have your own distinctive style. Looking at magazines that have high quality buds and info helps bring in ideas. Glad to know you're getting free meds for photo work exchange. You can sell them as stock photo too, online.

When I start growing again I'll try to take pics that are like those jewelry shots or watches you see in magazine. Same way they shoot the materialistic items but use it to shoot buds. Make it fashionable and desirable. It is time we change the concept of cannabis from "gateway drug" to a must have like the fancy car, etc...lol

Not that I can keep up with the journals I'm already following...so what's one more! :rofl:

:popcorn:

Thanks guys for not keeping up. I feel you guys on that though, I have a hard time keeping up with the ones that I am subbed to as well, let alone my own. I had been working on this journal in Word, doing all the coding and everything, so when I posted the intial start up, it was all ready to go.

But again, thanks for popping in.

Thank's Astonr420 for posting those links about the photo's and thanks Twelve12 for the information on shooting great photo's. I used to have a really nice 35mm SLR, but with digital its in another state in storage at the moment, so using this P@S, not piece of Sh but point and shoot... well I guess it could be both LOL Definitely one of my goals is to get a nice DSLR but won't be for a lil while :) until then I will read those links and see what the limits of the program mode are on my camera :) Also thanks for the photoshop tip... I have it, but don't know how to use it, guess I got to get started :)

Since we're on a topic of camera. I just like to point out that if you take the time to learn everything about the device DSLR or PS, you can get amazing photos from them.

DSLR can be very expensive with the body, lens, external flash (if your camera does not have one, some models don't have a built in flash), compact flash memory card, etc...not everyone have them.

Point and shoot on the other hand, well most people have them. The new models have almost the same megapixel as the DSLR version, very inexpensive compare to DSLR, have everything in one unit not much room for aperture, shutter speed or zoom adjustment, but for general use it is recommended. If you already have DSLR then yea take some time learn the ins and outs it will pay off. Looking forward to it. :Namaste:

Since we're on a topic of camera. I just like to point out that if you take the time to learn everything about the device DSLR or PS, you can get amazing photos from them.

DSLR can be very expensive with the body, lens, external flash (if your camera does not have one, some models don't have a built in flash), compact flash memory card, etc...not everyone have them.

Point and shoot on the other hand, well most people have them. The new models have almost the same megapixel as the DSLR version, very inexpensive compare to DSLR, have everything in one unit not much room for aperture, shutter speed or zoom adjustment, but for general use it is recommended. If you already have DSLR then yea take some time learn the ins and outs it will pay off. Looking forward to it. :Namaste:

Thank you for that little bit of extra knowledge brotha, I started messing with everything the minute I unboxed my camera. I went out and got me a nicer camera due to the fact my son dropped my other camera and broke the dang thing.

Canon1.jpg

This is the camera I went out and bought, got it on a open box special for $169. I love the Manual function, I have learned how to use the manual focus really well now.

Hey aston! love the outdoor grows! love blue planet nutrients! so you know I'm in for this one! Are these being started off indoors until they get big enough for the outdoors? also how are you going to protect your kids from the storms?

Nice! With 14 mega pixels you'll be able to crop the bejuses out of 'em for close ups!

:Namaste:

Nice man, i cant wait to see that Grand Daddy Purple in BUD!. Ingenious journal! i love it!

High Kushwestcoast,

You should check out my journal that I did GDP in.
G1_3312.jpg
G3_22612.jpg

I made a single cola out of her.

Hey aston! love the outdoor grows! love blue planet nutrients! so you know I'm in for this one! Are these being started off indoors until they get big enough for the outdoors? also how are you going to protect your kids from the storms?
High Deege420,

Nope, they start outdoors, where nature intended for these beautiful plants to flourish. They come inside for the storms, right now it is easy cus they are still in the cups, but later on they have to deal with it all on their own.

Nice! With 14 mega pixels you'll be able to crop the bejuses out of 'em for close ups!

:Namaste:

High Vapedogg223,

Yes sir, I love this camera, in mix with PhotoShop, I get these wonderful images that I get to share with you all.

I'm in! :)

Looking good :thumb:
High Stoned4daze61,

:welcome:, going to be another fun ride.

:peacetwo: all

Back
Top Bottom