nice lookin plant,, very indica looking, fat leafed,, rather than golden tiger sativa, skinny leafed.

i harvested a golden tiger a bit ago,, very much a different looking plant,,

not doubting ya friend,, just sayin
Did you document the early growth of the golden tiger in a journal?: I'd love to see the comparison...

Veg day 18

So I have the little girl a fresh set of nutes today and included 1/4 strength of my new GLN supplements, Sea-K and Sweet Candy. MC strength now a little now than 2g/G and I'm trying to determine what this little discoloration is on some leaves... anyone care to postulate? I was thinking maybe it's too much light so I raised the led back up to 18 inches...or it could've been she wants more MC so we'll see if either of those adjustments show any changes...

Top is now producing the 5th node so I'm going to be starting the #quadsquad this week I think. She's making good progress, but like @nivek mentioned, should I wonder if this really is a sativa, much less golden tiger?

20200222_183502.jpg
20200222_183611.jpg
20200222_183637.jpg

So I started the #quad today, taking off nodes 1 and 2. I'll top her in 2 or 3 days so she can recover a little...
20200223_143244.jpg

And I think I was off by one...she's popping the 6th mode out now so should be plenty strong for the quad to look really nice.

20200223_143202.jpg

20200223_171959.jpg

I expect that the loss of the bottom will slow her down some, so will likely not give any nutes tomorrow, but will check the weight and see...

I also kept the two larger "branches" and put them in some rotting hormone in some pots to see if they will grow roots. I don't know if I'll have the space to grow them though, but #fingerscrossed anyway.

20200223_144429.jpg

And I softly dug around the dda seed two days ago and let here come up above soil. The seed cover was still on her today so I gently removed it hoping to Jump start her growth. She's been under mild light for 6 hours now and there's a membrane still covering the first leaves/cotyledons. Hoping the energy will come soon to open them up and get her started. Once those open, I'll call it day one and the countdown will begin.

20200223_171147.jpg

Take a scalpel, clean it good with alcohol, and put a slit in that membrane right between the two leaves so they can open up.
Well I don't have a scalpel or a razor blade unfortunately... I'll look around and see else I could use...

Edited...
Got her a little wet with distilled water spray and found the edge of the membrane where I was able to pull it off with my tweezers...

Tomorrow will be day one if the first real leaves appear.

20200223_182708.jpg

So what do y'all think of this? It's been 3 days above soil exposed to light and air and 2 days since I pulled the seed case and membrane of f, but just isn't going anywhere. I just swept away some soil gently around the sprout and it's fairly stout, wasn't swaying or bothered much by movement. Maybe it's just sending down a huge taproot first?

20200225_151208.jpg
20200225_151146.jpg
20200225_151056.jpg

looks hurtin. are you sure there is nothing left holding it closed? down near the leaf base,, a ringy thingy,, what that ? it looks more closed now than when you took off the membrane. a very close look needed there looks like,, karma sent friend

looks hurtin. are you sure there is nothing left holding it closed? down near the leaf base,, a ringy thingy,, what that ? it looks more closed now than when you took off the membrane. a very close look needed there looks like,, karma sent friend
Ok, I took the tweezers and the tip cover and gently spread the cotyledons...there's a leaf (hopefully 2!!) in between and the cotyledons stayed open about a mm after spreading. I will continue to monitor. If nothing changes in another 2 days I will opo another seed... </shrug?>

these things can recover,, eventually.. can take forever tho. a loss of several weeks growth. can be, not will be

So I drew a half assed arrow pointing to what looks to me to be part of the membrane still in place. Can you grab that with a tweezers and pull it off?

The section you are pointing to is just discoloration on the stem actually. There doesn't seem to be any residual membrane left now. I've attempted to "open" the cotyledons now 2-3 times since they want to keep closing (she must be narcoleptic! ;)). Hoping this last widening will stay. I've covered her with a cloche now, re-purposing a big glass bowl I have) hoping it's just humidity she needs since we've been in the low forties RH for weeks now.

20200226_152745.jpg
20200226_152825.jpg

Veg day 22

So I went and topped GT just now to get started on the #QUADSQUAD but I think she's gonna end up in the #HEXSQUAD instead since I wasn't paying attention! ;) :cough::eye-roll:

20200226_175544.jpg
20200226_175404.jpg
20200226_174851.jpg
20200226_174904.jpg

And a third clone begun as well.
20200226_174957.jpg

Veg day 26

Well time flies when you're not paying attention lol! I've been watching the girls grow and have keeping the temps under 79F but my teenager has been over this weekend so I haven't had any time to journal.

The topping did definitely slow her growth some but the 6 branches are reaching up to the light fairly well now so I may up pot this week into the final 7 gallon fabric pot so I'll be done with that. I twisted in the third CFL (40W) For some additional light, and the LED is now back to 18" away from her top. That will likely stay there no further away but I will allow her to grow closer. Once I up-pot I will take away the rubbermaid container on the floor and spread things out a little better for more space management which I expect will eventually become a problem if all 6 plants are kept in here. I need to think about the air filter placement as well. It was outside the tent last time but really didn't matter much since it was too hot to keep the tent closed anyway. Will probably do a dual smell filter system with the ONA in the bucket at the other end of the ducting.

20200301_140151.jpg
20200301_140305.jpg

She's just over 6.25 inches tall now from the soil so most of that growth came from the shoots and not much of original stem. I gently pushed the nodes down some to begin training but will likely wait until the pot change to have full training start with the tie downs.

You can see the cambium starting to build thick at the base if the branches in preparation for some heavy weight buds in the future! :p:D

20200301_145028.jpg

Little DDA is looking like she might start growing finally but I have a feeling that she will end up being quite a tiny harvest but whatever. I put another seed into water and into soil the next day after it dropped and we'll see if that one does any better (photo of first DDA below at what I will cal 5 days in veg).

20200301_143252.jpg

Veg day 29

Well, not thrilled with the growth since the topping, didn't expect such a slow down. I guess that just helps the dda catch up, which seems completely unlikely at this point, but whatever.

I've started some easy training on the tallest branches in anticipation of up potting this weekend into the 7 gallon fabric pot. I think as soon as the tips get to the edge of the new pot I will go for flip, which at this point could still take a few weeks. Hoping she's just root bound, as it's been 4 weeks and the stem is like 6 or 7mm thick and she's a good few inches beyond the edges of the 1 gallon pot. Maybe I'll do the new pot tomorrow actually.

20200304_233840.jpg
20200305_003201.jpg

healthy as all get out,, indeed. sure got massive leaves on er,, no doubt,

karma sent for the up pot,, lookin needed soon,,

beauty 'sativa' friend,, ,, i sure wish i had a pic of my last golden tiger,, skinny ,leaved thing,, ha

Back
Top Bottom