Well I got a final weight for the GT original. 85g of buds cured minus at least 5-7g tested over the last few months. Also had a cob made which I just checked and found it starting to mold unfortunately. Took off about 5g unaffected and will leave out to dry. The loss of 10g to fungus sucks though. So let's say total weight would have been almost 4g oz total. Not thrilled but that's fine. Also lost one of my GSC cobs to fungus due to improper seals. I was able to salvage 3 others whose seals failed back into sealed and one WW I'm unpacking for consumption. Anyone else have problems with their food saver?

20200808_131335.jpg
20200808_131353.jpg
20200808_131923.jpg
20200808_133208.jpg

Welp I've learned my lesson...no more bringing plants inside and out to the porch. Fucking mites took over the AB girls a few weeks ago and I've been trying to remove since, but they've been in flower the whole time. I've tried taking them out and rubbing SNS on the leaves by hand, but I didn't get every leaf of every bud and it shows. Fucking mites. Would that have been a reason for these plants to go right into flower also? They're 9 weeks old and looking almost ready to harvest, flowers appeared at 4 weeks. Trichs still clear even on ends of sugar leaves so not ready yet.

20200814_145904.jpg
20200814_145909.jpg
20200814_145918.jpg

Here's the tent now.

Two of each, African Buzz and Caramel CBD.
Something happened to those ab seeds... those plants are effed.

AB1 17" tall, AB2 15.5
CCBD1 27", CCBD2 14.5 #quad
20200810_214913.jpg
5 days later
African Buzz looking pathetic with little to no growth, think they'll be cut this week.

CCBD1 30", CCBD2 16"
The stretch is showing down and #1 is getting close to the lights, maybe 4 inches

20200816_104616.jpg

Current before and after. Checked trichomes on AB1 and 2 and the latter was all cloudy so into the bucket for a deep clean. While checking I saw mites crawling on my bud! :( squeezed half a lemon in a half gallon of water and dunked strongly. Had to cut the plant in half to fit into the container but worked out fine. Rinsed in distilled water.

AB1&2 both appeared done but trichs on 1 were still clear.

Oh and I also got a nice cheap humidifier on the 'zon for $30 which keeps the tent at 50% RH and also drops the temp about 2 degrees @78. Uses about a gallon of water a day plus my AC is on almost constantly to keep my apartment at 74 degrees.
20200823_140932.jpg

44g wet pre- washing 10 weeks old total, just under 7 weeks flower.
20200823_154827.jpg

CBD1: 31.5" CBD2: 16.5" they are right at over 3 weeks into flower, 9 weeks old.
20200823_161903.jpg

Gonna be nice too save this $50 extra a month on electricity when harvest comes next month. I started adding more darkness a week ago to and tonight will start the 11/13 cycle which will take them to the end.

Current before and after. Checked trichomes on AB1 and 2 and the latter was all cloudy so into the bucket for a deep clean. While checking I saw mites crawling on my bud! :( squeezed half a lemon in a half gallon of water and dunked strongly. Had to cut the plant in half to fit into the container but worked out fine. Rinsed in distilled water.

AB1&2 both appeared done but trichs on 1 were still clear.

Oh and I also got a nice cheap humidifier on the 'zon for $30 which keeps the tent at 50% RH and also drops the temp about 2 degrees @78. Uses about a gallon of water a day plus my AC is on almost constantly to keep my apartment at 74 degrees.
20200823_140932.jpg

44g wet pre- washing 10 weeks old total, just under 7 weeks flower.
20200823_154827.jpg

CBD1: 31.5" CBD2: 16.5" they are right at over 3 weeks into flower, 9 weeks old.
20200823_161903.jpg

Gonna be nice too save this $50 extra a month on electricity when harvest comes next month. I started adding more darkness a week ago to and tonight will start the 11/13 cycle which will take them to the end.

And 6 days later they've definitely thickened up! Vertical growth stopped a week ago and now they're putting on weight. Still expecting another 4 weeks I think on the Caramel CBD but African Buzz #1 is getting close. Given I have an early harvest already in the first plant (which lost a lot of weight in 2 days down to 10g) I can afford to let the amber appear in the trichs on this one. I think it will be another week until it's where I want.

AB1
20200829_162619.jpg

CCBD2 short and fat
20200829_162643.jpg

CCBD1 starting to stack and put on weight. 4 weeks into flower now.
20200829_162655.jpg

Lights are on full blast now. 250w HPS plus 230w LED quantum board.
20200829_162208.jpg

what else to say but three cheers for 100g g.t. and the plants anew look fab,, indeed

great stuff, cheers :thumb:

what else to say but three cheers for 100g g.t. and the plants anew look fab,, indeed

great stuff, cheers :thumb:
Thanks man! I'm pretty stoked I'll have a least 2lbs of stash packed up after this last harvest coming up. I figure my son and I are burning through about an ounce a month, so that should tide me over a long time . I do expect I'll throw down some more seeds in a few months and do this all over again next year I guess. I need a vacation so will shut things down and relax in between grows. This has been a quiet journal really, not a lot of interaction with other members, but I'm not looking for publicity lol!

And then there were two. Saw a few amber trichs on the bud in a few places so said enough. I'm not looking for couch lock...I sit around enough as it is. I'll try and get that with one of the CCBD plants and use it for pain and sleep.

Took down AB1 today and did a heavy wash in lemon water and rinsed with distilled. Drying down a few hours then into the crisper before it dries up like the other did. I'm starting to question my scale though or the ability for my foodsaver to maintain a seal. A SK1 package I unsealed yesterday was less than half the weight from when it was sealed 5 months ago. Can't be right.

20200830_144255.jpg

Hopefully the other seeds will provide a regular sized plant next time.
20200830_142935.jpg
20200830_143049.jpg
20200830_143028.jpg

Post wash
20200830_152021.jpg

So I was at the covid test site yesterday and today my son tells me the cob I gave him last week is making him sick. Now I'm wondering if the weed I'm smoking has been tainted with mold? If I'm negative, I've got changes to make in my apartment. Probably likely given I've been going through the sealed packages and finding a third with mold. I cut off the offending pieces and reviewed the rest through the loop. Anywhere there was something questionable was doused with peroxide. I don't trust the seals of these food saver packages anymore which sucks. The first one broke and stopped sealing, this replacement one the seal dies after awhile.

And the test was negative so it's a possibility that we did smoke some mold and it's been affecting our respiration. I kinda wish I was positive instead for a couple reasons. That would explain the breathing issues etc and also then I can say I've had the virus also and hopefully some immunity? Oh well... didn't happen.

I've been trying to determine what the feeling is that I've been having recently with much of the bud and cob I've been smoking. Racy. It's become a little uncomfortable for 10 to 15 minutes after smoking, just too fast feeling. Maybe it's the mold too?

I'm going out of my way on the remaining two plants to ensure there is no clear trichs present and at least 25% amber. Up until now I didn't see the need for a couch lock buzz but that has come full circle. The Honey Peach CBD has been an amazing smoke in fact. It's definitely helped with daily aches and pains but my son and I need something for sleep. The Caramel CBD hopefully will provide both with a late harvest planned. Some of the recent harvests have been all cloudy trichs too so looking forward to less speed.

Did some garden maintenance yesterday to give the short girl stronger light but now the tall girl is powering out more new pistils fast!

20200912_150126.jpg

This girl never really took off after the #quad since the light flip was less than a week after cutting I believe and topped out at only 16" tall, but the buds are dense and soon close to harvest. Still some clear trichs so we'll look at them every other day but I think it will be at another week.

20200912_150203.jpg

The tall sister has at least two more weeks given the calendar timing as well as just visibly not ready.

20200912_150222.jpg

After harvest Im gonna take off October at least and consider the next grow period. I've got many packs of seeds left and am going to try another auto and regular combo, but will be managing the light period better this time.

I plan to grow one Blueberry regular and a regular CBD strain - Ice Cools; for the autos I'm going with Jack Herer and Blue Ace CBD.

Blue Ace:

"The high CBD content (up to 16%, plus up to 8% THC) gives her the signature flavour of sweet citric fruits with pepper and an undertone of hash to finish it off. The effects are not highly psychoactive and will instead bring feelings of relaxation and possibly introspection, with medicinal effects for pain-numbing and anxiety.

Ice Cool:

THC 5-12, CBD 9-13%

Not only is this strain packed with cannabinoids and resin, but it also has a very well-refined terpene profile with hints of wood, incense and citrus. Her buds are large, dense and covered in an aromatic resin which is best appreciated using a dry herb vaporizer.

So began the harvest of my current Grow. I took off 3 lower branches of CCBD1 (the big tall one). I had planned on just one to look at trichs but realized when I saw there was a cute little mite crawling around, I ought to look at getting the rest of them soon too. I didn't see really any amber on them even though new pistils have stopped coming out and are 90% brown. I want these to be sleep and pain medicine so they need more time to mature.

I happened to give them a good drink of plain water an hour before cutting, so this is a new unintended test of bud engorgement (I hadn't planned on cutting today). They were washed in filtered water and white vinegar then rinsed in the shower of my new counter top water filtration unit. 'Zon Apex unit for anyone interested.

I'm getting to the point where I don't care what the numbers are in yield but I guess it's nice to keep track anyway. These were 33, 22 and 17 grams so should cure to more than 1/4oz when all is said and done. Given I had to throw out at least an oz of the last harvest this past month from mold, I want to make sure everything is getting dried and cured now properly.

20200919_153041.jpg
20200919_151550.jpg
20200919_151604.jpg

And the leftovers... :p:p:lot-o-toke:

It's interesting #1 has been shedding fan leaves for over a week now and as they turn brown I've been picking them off if they don't fall themselves. Makes for very easy trimming. I didn't do any trimming with the blades on those branches I just took off, only pulled a few yellow fan leaves. I'm predicting #1 will have maybe 45g cured bud. #2 ain't following that pattern however. I've only pulled off one leaf from her since the original #quad prep. Not sure how dense or heavy her buds are, but I'll be lucky to get half an ounce I think. Amazing what genetics can do.

20200919_161701.jpg

So began the harvest of my current Grow. I took off 3 lower branches of CCBD1 (the big tall one). I had planned on just one to look at trichs but realized when I saw there was a cute little mite crawling around, I ought to look at getting the rest of them soon too. I didn't see really any amber on them even though new pistils have stopped coming out and are 90% brown. I want these to be sleep and pain medicine so they need more time to mature.

I happened to give them a good drink of plain water an hour before cutting, so this is a new unintended test of bud engorgement (I hadn't planned on cutting today). They were washed in filtered water and white vinegar then rinsed in the shower of my new counter top water filtration unit. 'Zon Apex unit for anyone interested.

I'm getting to the point where I don't care what the numbers are in yield but I guess it's nice to keep track anyway. These were 33, 22 and 17 grams so should cure to more than 1/4oz when all is said and done. Given I had to throw out at least an oz of the last harvest this past month from mold, I want to make sure everything is getting dried and cured now properly.

20200919_153041.jpg
20200919_151550.jpg
20200919_151604.jpg

After 3 days hanging i trimmed the buds from the stems and got 27g into the jar. Shell be drying slowly in the fridge for a couple weeks until ready to cure.

20200923_111321.jpg

And today I was checking trichs on CCBD2 and found lots of mites and webs so said fuck it. I filled my pitcher with filtered water plus lime juice and white vinegar and calcium carbonate. Buds were cut and trimmed and dunked heavily many times to hopefully purge them of the bugs and their dirt. I have not taken the loupe out yet to check. Should get a nice half to 3/4 ounce easily i think of dense buds. On the few occasions I've brushed up against her sister and rubbed the stickiness I got a strong sweet lemon scent which I hope continues after curing.

20200923_183849.jpg

I took off 6 more branches from CCBD1 and washed heavily to clean them of the mite shit. So freaking sticky! Total came to 185g this round with stems. Should cure out to more than an oz and a half. I'll finish up tomorrow, just need to get the other rubber ties ready and I'm being lazy today. They will all be hanging in the closet for the next week and I'll test CCBD2 in the jar first. Temp around 74 and humidity 50% so pretty good.

20200926_141307.jpg

Back
Top Bottom