2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

Been a busy few days so gonna be a big ass update, bare with... :rofl:

First things first, DLI isn't dialed in, the Photone app with the iPhone may be fairly accurate but based on the ppfd map and measuring height manually I've decided it's underreporting DLI, with my new android it's 100% inaccurate :/

I've dialed the light back and over the last day they've definitely looked better. I've bought the cheap lux meter from Migro which is like £25 and uses bluetooth to report it to an app on your phone, way more reliable and convinient too.

The ph of my nutrients has been off by .3 maybe more occasionally, the cheap ph pen I have is no good suprise suprise... I even calibrated it but not each time, I've bought a decent Hanna Instruments Groline ph/ec meter, it's accurate to 0.02ph so it's a buy once buy proper situation.
groline.jpg

This could have been one of the big issues with my first grow, and could have caused issues with this grow too so I'm really happy I can really dial in ph/EC now. Lux meter arrives soon and then that's all environmental variables accurately tracked, banging.

Onto how the ladies are doing these last few days, definitely experiencing too much light, it's dialed down and good for now but the pictures from day 8 show it as it's worst. A few brown spots, lower leaves yellowing as they get no light, I figure any problems I'm seeing are more than likely solved with the new ph meter as long as they start to enjoy the current light exposure.

EC reads 1.1 atm, using preflower nutes from the feedchart.

Day 8:
tropban_lighton_1.jpg
tropban_lighton_2.jpg
tropban_lighton_3.jpg
tropban_lighton_4.jpg
tropban_lighton_5.jpg
tropban_lighton_8.jpg

tropban_flash_1.jpg
tropban_flash_3.jpg
tropban_flash_4.jpg

And today here's how she's looking. I'm pretty happy with how things are going and hoping any kinks are being ironed out with the better measurement tools.

I hope everyone else is having a great week :passitleft:

Day 9:
tropban_leds1.jpg
tropban_leds2.jpg

tropban_leds3.jpg
tropban_leds4.jpg
tropban_leds5.jpg

tropban_leds6.jpg
tropban_flash1.jpg
tropban_flash2.jpg

I don’t know what EC you’re looking for but 1.1 seems really low to me whatever the medium. I am taking out my “Run Co2 and max EC” bias.

But I would have thought 1.4 by now and top out at 1.8 for “normal” finish (3.1 for me or I’m not trying 🤣)

But different mediums?

Nick

I don’t know what EC you’re looking for but 1.1 seems really low to me whatever the medium. I am taking out my “Run Co2 and max EC” bias.

But I would have thought 1.4 by now and top out at 1.8 for “normal” finish (3.1 for me or I’m not trying 🤣)

But different mediums?

Nick
Your right about that my bro, I think I may have done the calculation wrong because my nutrient mix was definitely right on a ml/L basis.

My meter reads PPM not EC so I'm not sure exactly how to do the conversion, the meter is reading 1180 PPMs and what I wrote there is PPM/1000 but I've not Googled it yet :rofl:

my 5-1 has u/cm or whatever as well as Ph and ppm and some salt stuff. You can divide anything with a squiggly q/u thing in the 1000s to 2.0 or whatever.

But you can’t really extrapolate PPM from EC. Different sensors. Electrical and and optical I think?

Dunno but yeah get an EC pen. Changed my life.

Don't worry this meter can definitely do EC, it's just my first time using it or even checking EC at all :D

I sent you some PMs whilst trying to figure it out but the summary is that:

1180 ppms at a conductivity factor of 0.5 is an ec of 2360 mS/cm

I need to check EC before adding fulvic acid, bloom booster (contains no NPK), seaweed & silica which I'll do next time I make a mix :D I should be at 1.4-1.8 EC now according to the manufacturers feed chart.

So I'm checking nutrient mix again, calibrated before use.

After adding calmag and the tri-part nutrients I'm getting a reading of 2.36 EC at the moment before adding any further supplements.

I first thought it could be my water, so I checked the water and that reads 80ppm or 0.2 EC, so that's not an issue - I've settled on it being the CalMag that's skewing the EC, the question is whether the added PPM from the CalMag should be calculated into my total EC or I should only be concerned with the tri-part mix EC? I'm leaning towards the total EC including the CalMag matters ?

I've done another mix, side by side, and just added the tri-part nutrients and I'm getting a reading of 1.65 EC which is well within the recommended value from the feedchart. So I added the rest of the supplements (Fulvic, silicate and bloom booster) to this mix without CalMag and I'm getting a reading of 1.69EC, supplements barely affect it.

Do i need to be worried about the increased EC from the CalMag? I've been adding 2ml/L as per the instructions on the bottle. It's 1.8% N. I could also drop it to 1ml/L and I'd probably be within the EC guidelines still? During preflower my EC should be 1.4-1.8 according to the chart.

Been a busy few days so gonna be a big ass update, bare with... :rofl:

First things first, DLI isn't dialed in, the Photone app with the iPhone may be fairly accurate but based on the ppfd map and measuring height manually I've decided it's underreporting DLI, with my new android it's 100% inaccurate :/

I've dialed the light back and over the last day they've definitely looked better. I've bought the cheap lux meter from Migro which is like £25 and uses bluetooth to report it to an app on your phone, way more reliable and convinient too.

The ph of my nutrients has been off by .3 maybe more occasionally, the cheap ph pen I have is no good suprise suprise... I even calibrated it but not each time, I've bought a decent Hanna Instruments Groline ph/ec meter, it's accurate to 0.02ph so it's a buy once buy proper situation.
groline.jpg

This could have been one of the big issues with my first grow, and could have caused issues with this grow too so I'm really happy I can really dial in ph/EC now. Lux meter arrives soon and then that's all environmental variables accurately tracked, banging.

Onto how the ladies are doing these last few days, definitely experiencing too much light, it's dialed down and good for now but the pictures from day 8 show it as it's worst. A few brown spots, lower leaves yellowing as they get no light, I figure any problems I'm seeing are more than likely solved with the new ph meter as long as they start to enjoy the current light exposure.

EC reads 1.1 atm, using preflower nutes from the feedchart.

Day 8:
tropban_lighton_1.jpg
tropban_lighton_2.jpg
tropban_lighton_3.jpg
tropban_lighton_4.jpg
tropban_lighton_5.jpg
tropban_lighton_8.jpg

tropban_flash_1.jpg
tropban_flash_3.jpg
tropban_flash_4.jpg
Yoo broo on the up ide say now you got them sorted which meter did you go with? I bought a cheap ph pen to start which now got me thinking to get a different 1 for next time.

So I'm checking nutrient mix again, calibrated before use.

After adding calmag and the tri-part nutrients I'm getting a reading of 2.36 EC at the moment before adding any further supplements.

I first thought it could be my water, so I checked the water and that reads 80ppm or 0.2 EC, so that's not an issue - I've settled on it being the CalMag that's skewing the EC, the question is whether the added PPM from the CalMag should be calculated into my total EC or I should only be concerned with the tri-part mix EC? I'm leaning towards the total EC including the CalMag matters ?

I've done another mix, side by side, and just added the tri-part nutrients and I'm getting a reading of 1.65 EC which is well within the recommended value from the feedchart. So I added the rest of the supplements (Fulvic, silicate and bloom booster) to this mix without CalMag and I'm getting a reading of 1.69EC, supplements barely affect it.

Do i need to be worried about the increased EC from the CalMag? I've been adding 2ml/L as per the instructions on the bottle. It's 1.8% N. I could also drop it to 1ml/L and I'd probably be within the EC guidelines still? During preflower my EC should be 1.4-1.8 according to the chart.
Thers a lot of EC in that paragraph 😄

And today here's how she's looking. I'm pretty happy with how things are going and hoping any kinks are being ironed out with the better measurement tools.

I hope everyone else is having a great week :passitleft:

Day 9:
tropban_leds1.jpg
tropban_leds2.jpg

tropban_leds3.jpg
tropban_leds4.jpg
tropban_leds5.jpg

tropban_leds6.jpg
tropban_flash1.jpg
tropban_flash2.jpg
Looking healthy n happy 👍 I think what you did is working my friend. CL🍀 :thumb: :Namaste:

Thanks CL :) Definitely getting close to being fully dialed in!

@GreenFingaz I got the Hanna Instruments HI-9814 which is kinda overkill but it's something that will last a very long time if taken care of. I'd recommend the cheaper Hanna instruments ones or the Bluelabs ones too, both got really good reviews.

I chose this one because it's super accurate (0.02ph) and has a replacable probe so I shouldn't ever have to buy another

Copy paste of picture from above :D :
groline-jpg.2646289

Thanks CL :) Definitely getting close to being fully dialed in!

@GreenFingaz I got the Hanna Instruments HI-9814 which is kinda overkill but it's something that will last a very long time if taken care of. I'd recommend the cheaper Hanna instruments ones or the Bluelabs ones too, both got really good reviews.

I chose this one because it's super accurate (0.02ph) and has a replacable probe so I shouldn't ever have to buy another

Copy paste of picture from above :D :
groline-jpg.2646289
Ive heard good things about both bluelab and Hanna I did get a Hanna 1 off amazon but it only did EC and not PH

Ive heard good things about both bluelab and Hanna I did get a Hanna 1 off amazon but it only did EC and not PH
51JroE3Pg5L._SL1200_.jpg

This one from Hanna is about the same price as the Bluelabs one, like 70$. I considered it but it's accurate to 0.2ph and I guess I'm a bit anal about it being super accurate when dropping a load of $$ :D

51JroE3Pg5L._SL1200_.jpg

This one from Hanna is about the same price as the Bluelabs one, like 70$. I considered it but it's accurate to 0.2ph and I guess I'm a bit anal about it being super accurate when dropping a load of $$ :D
As long as ur in the range 0.2 isn't t too bad I guess. That 1 does look good tho al have to drop back into the market and see what I fancy. Thanks man

Haha.

Hanna is top notch. I have Blue Lab but easier to buy here. Hanna is equally as good.

Your EC in flower is 2.6?

Yeah welcome to my world… I do have the benefit of gas but your girl has spare available light. Dial up the light and keep it 2.6 - Bugabee will tell you the same.

2.36 is pretty hot i feel at this point.
That 1.6 sounds better to ME at this point.
I use different nutes but never really get over 2.0 EC
And the line calls for 3/4ml to L last week of veg first 4 weeks of flower.
Which is around 2.4/2.8 and no lady i have tested likes those numbers.
Guess watch your tips see burn dail back. ;)

51JroE3Pg5L._SL1200_.jpg

For that kind of $ I want it to tell me the time + weather. lol CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom