2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

2.36 is pretty hot i feel at this point.
That 1.6 sounds better to ME at this point.
I use different nutes but never really get over 2.0 EC
And the line calls for 3/4ml to L last week of veg first 4 weeks of flower.
Which is around 2.4/2.8 and no lady i have tested likes those numbers.
Guess watch your tips see burn dail back. ;)
Cheers @Skunksta, the recommended is like 1.5ml/L at the moment with max 1.8 ec during preflower, are you using Athena or something lol? I heard they recommend crazy high EC.

Do you add calmag or does you water have enough calcium as is? I can keep the EC lower but only by excluding calmag :D

For that kind of $ I want it to tell me the time + weather. lol CL🍀
:rofl: I know what you mean mate but I used the $15 pens and I think you'd be better of not phing over using one of those xD

Cheers @Skunksta, the recommended is like 1.5ml/L at the moment with max 1.8 ec during preflower, are you using Athena or something lol? I heard they recommend crazy high EC.

Do you add calmag or does you water have enough calcium as is? I can keep the EC lower but only by excluding calmag :D

:rofl: I know what you mean mate but I used the $15 pens and I think you'd be better of not phing over using one of those xD

Im in coco so my ladies get 1.5 ml to L of mag every feed.
Always first and shogun its the british answer to canna just cheaper.
Never used anything else if im honest other than canna and shogun in coco.
My soil days i used what ever i could get my hands on and EC i never tested back then.
Or ph there was a lot of flushing going on lock outs etc but part of learning i guess.
Lucky to get any info on the soil i was buying grey bags no info if i remember right.

Im in coco so my ladies get 1.5 ml to L of mag every feed.
Always first and shogun its the british answer to canna just cheaper.
Never used anything else if im honest other than canna and shogun in coco.
My soil days i used what ever i could get my hands on and EC i never tested back then.
Or ph there was a lot of flushing going on lock outs etc but part of learning i guess.
Lucky to get any info on the soil i was buying grey bags no info if i remember right.
Yeah mate - I’m in coco and its impossible even with a flush not to add 0.75ml Cal/Mag per litre - even on a flush. Minimum. I don't go above 1ml/L but yeah always with the cal mag in coco

Yeah mate - I’m in coco and its impossible even with a flush not to add 0.75ml Cal/Mag per litre - even on a flush. Minimum. I don't go above 1ml/L but yeah always with the cal mag in coco
Ye should of said im in flower.
In veg im not so heavy on the mag. ;)

Lil update, I'm not sure if I should turn the light down even more but there's definitely still some canoeing if not as bad as before. My actual lux meter arrives today but I won't be able too measure it till tomorrow when lights come on again.

She's drinking properly now, I filled res at lights on and just half again a few hours before lights off, I'm wondering if I should change the lighting schedule slightly as currently I can only water at lights on if I stay up late which I will need to adjust going forward.

All branches have pretty much caught up now, 3 days left of stretch and I think the canopy should be almost perfect for the rest of flower. I'm gonna switch to actual flower nutes at day 14.

Day 11:
tropban1.jpg
tropban2.jpg
tropban3.jpg

Watering at lights on is probably ideal, but no reason you can't do it a bit later in the cycle if that's more convenient for your schedule.

I've set my light schedule that way so I can water both early and late as needed.

Watering at lights on is probably ideal, but no reason you can't do it a bit later in the cycle if that's more convenient for your schedule.

I've set my light schedule that way so I can water both early and late as needed.
Yeah I'm gonna adjust mine so I can do the same, the problem is the plant seems to drain the res well before I wake up unless I fill it up an hour or so after lights on. It seems if I fill it up when lights are off it's still completely dry by the time I get to it in the morning, so I'm worried she could have drank more if it was available.

It's only because my res is really small that it's even a thought, my future SIPs will always have more appropriately sized reserviours. I think it's a 2.5L container in a 19L bucket so it's just a bit too small for convenience sake.

Yeah matching it to your own day is a big thing for us. Its lights on at 8am whatever cycle they’re on and lights off at 8pm or 2am flower/veg Watering less an issue for us in veg but overall we can do our early morning stuff and water a couple of hours after lights on - or we can make some time before evening stuff and feed a couple of hours before lights out. You can work it around your day which gives you some freedom.

It's nice to have tools to science up with! Only 3 more days to showtime!
For sure, having accurate tools is really a gamechanger, gives me a lot more confidence. 3 days woop I'm really excited for this girl I'm gonna do all in my power to keep her strong and healthy! :morenutes:

Yeah matching it to your own day is a big thing for us. Its lights on at 8am whatever cycle they’re on and lights off at 8pm or 2am flower/veg Watering less an issue for us in veg but overall we can do our early morning stuff and water a couple of hours after lights on - or we can make some time before evening stuff and feed a couple of hours before lights out. You can work it around your day which gives you some freedom.
Yeah that sounds like solid advice, the only other consideration is balancing the lights on with temperature and electricity cost, temperature not a big deal right now but electricity is wild and I need to utilise as many offpeak hours as I can :rofl:

So I figured out how to accurately do feedchart EC with CalMag, assuming you've got soft water your CalMag should change your tap water or RO water to 0.4-0.6EC.

Manufacturer advises adding 0.2 EC to the feed chart for water that measures 0.4-0.6, so with that in mind I'm all in line with the guidelines now.

EC 0.5 after adding Calmag
Preflowering EC with calmag or hard water is meant to be 1.6-2.0
Tested EC is 1.91 with a ph of 6.36.

Some slight tip burn but I figure that is from before I was able to accurately test and do EC properly and/or the light burn. I turned the lights down to 8/10 brightness yesterday and I think they look better again today in regards to canoeing.

There's also some rusting but only on one leaf that I can see so I'm not bothering about it just yet.

I also just did the DLI test with the lux meter and the results are staggering compared to the results I was getting with Photone, even on the Iphone. So in the middle of my tent I'm getting a reading of 48663LUX, that translates to a ppfd of 1119.25 and a DLI of 48.35.... damn, that's on brightness 8/10 and I've had it on 10/10 and 9/10 in the previous two weeks.

Some pictures here with LED on and some with LED off from low light mode of my phone, gives a better idea of colours.

Day 12:
tropbanday12_1.jpg
tropbanday12_2.jpg
tropbanday12_3.jpg
tropbanday12_4.jpg
tropbanday12_5.jpg
tropbanday12_6.jpg

Redid the lux to ppfd/dli calc today, got it slightly wrong yesterday and the iPhone is actually super close/accurate with Photone. lux reading = 48663, with this meter to get the appropriate ppfd for white + red leds you need to multiply by 0.017 so that gives me a ppfd of 827.271 and a DLI of 35.83 on 8/10 brightness.

Keeping that as is for now, canopy has really filled in nicely and I can see plenty of budsites. I'm gonna wait till day 21 to defoliate and just do one big defol once.

Upping nutes tomorrow to the bloom nutes, keeping EC stable-ish if I can but more Bloom tri-part so more PK.

Day 13
(Flash on:)
tropban_flash_1.jpg
tropban_flash_2.jpg
tropban_flash_3.jpg

LEDs on:
tropban_ledon_1.jpg
tropban_ledon_2.jpg
tropban_ledon_3.jpg
tropban_ledon_4.jpg

So unfortunately spied some issues this morning, lower leaves are showing some serious signs of something. I posted in problems & pests too so I can get as many opinions as quickly as possible lol. My first grow went downhill FAST, and these problems have appeared overnight so I want to fix it before it gets out of control.

Problem areas:
tropban_day15_1.jpg
tropban_day15_2.jpg
tropban_day15_4.jpg
tropban_day15_7.jpg

Day 15 (Rest of plant):
tropban_day15_3.jpg
tropban_day15_5.jpg
tropban_day15_6.jpg

Coincidentally (or maybe not) my SIP previously outdoors went under very decent light yesterday with banging nutes.

It shows similar signs after 24 hours.

I’m going to give it gas and up the nutes, lower the Ph and raise the EC for the next feed.

But I see everything like that at the moment in coco - its not necessarily deficiency for you.

Nick

Hi Weff, those yellow leaves make me think she's plain hungry, and also the pattern of yellow may indicate phosphorus def? All may be hunger. You should see what upping your Bloom nutes does soon.
Cheers mate, really appreciate you weighing in :thanks:

My EC has been super on point according to the feedchart, I did only just switch to bloom nutes yesterday so it could be I was slightly too slow on the switch? Hopefully it won't progress too much more if that's the issue :D

It is only the lower leaves so I did think some of the blame could be a lack of light now the canopy is blocking most of it?

All these leaves were gonna be removed anyway in a week so as long as doesn't effect my beautiful green canopy I can breathe a sigh of relief lol.

Edit: I was on preflower nutes not veg nutes though so it was already a slight increase in PK

Cheers mate, really appreciate you weighing in :thanks:

My EC has been super on point according to the feedchart, I did only just switch to bloom nutes yesterday so it could be I was slightly too slow on the switch? Hopefully it won't progress too much more if that's the issue :D

It is only the lower leaves so I did think some of the blame could be a lack of light now the canopy is blocking most of it?

All these leaves were gonna be removed anyway in a week so as long as doesn't effect my beautiful green canopy I can breathe a sigh of relief lol.

Edit: I was on preflower nutes not veg nutes though so it was already a slight increase in PK
Have I ever mentioned the old Nick & Co Ph Smash/Switcheroo - that’ll get your Phos up! Well in coco at least 😅

🤣

Have I ever mentioned the old Nick & Co Ph Smash/Switcheroo - that’ll get your Phos up! Well in coco at least 😅

🤣
Lol no?! Although you may have but I proudly sport a stoners memory :rofl:

I've got @InTheShed helping me with NPK calculations, he's provided me a formula to try out and see how things progress. From the looks of things I switched to full bloom nutes too quickly so I'll see how things go with these changes.

Copy and pasted for my thread asking for help:

TA Grow: 1.8ml
TA Bloom: 1ml
TA Micro: .8ml

CannaCalMag: 1ml

And a quick pictoral update:
tropban_day16_1.jpg
tropban_day16_2.jpg
tropban_day16_3.jpg
tropban_day16_4.jpg
tropban_day16_5.jpg
tropban_day16_7.jpg

I accidentally serendipitously smashed the Ph of my early flower nutes down to like 4.5 Even 4.2 as I didn’t have the blue lab pen then and that’s always been a bit lower.

He led me into this graph territory. Note - this is for Coco/Hydro. It is slightly different for soil.

We flipped the uptake of nutes from one end pf the Ph scale to another. And all the yellowing and dying went away in a few days.

But that was deficiencies of the lower stuff on the graph. Same symptoms but maybe not same issue.

We did the yellow line. And the other coloured lines of Ph we went through in coco.

Maybe it was the most lucky random thing ever but the plants all recovered.

Or maybe it was a Ph spectrum trip (switcheroo) I have some science to back it up but maybe listen to more experienced heads than mine!

😂

I accidentally serendipitously smashed the Ph of my early flower nutes down to like 4.5 Even 4.2 as I didn’t have the blue lab pen then and that’s always been a bit lower.

He led me into this graph territory. Note - this is for Coco/Hydro. It is slightly different for soil.

We flipped the uptake of nutes from one end pf the Ph scale to another. And all the yellowing and dying went away in a few days.

But that was deficiencies of the lower stuff on the graph. Same symptoms but maybe not same issue.

We did the yellow line. And the other coloured lines of Ph we went through in coco.

Maybe it was the most lucky random thing ever but the plants all recovered.

Or maybe it was a Ph spectrum trip (switcheroo) I have some science to back it up but maybe listen to more experienced heads than mine!

😂

I remember now :rofl: I'm not even adjusting ph currently because the mix is coming out at an acceptable level each time I'm checking :D

I've massively upped temps and I am following Shed's advice on nutrients so I reckon we can steer this ship back on course :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom