2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

Thanks @Joe Brewster - Your bang on with your assessment and I've been feeding an increased N regime for the last 9-10 days now.

I did however use grow nutes all through week 1 of flower before switching to bloom nutes to try and avoid any issues like this, clearly it didn't pay off :rofl:

Day 24 update:
tropban_day24_1.jpg
tropban_day24_2.jpg
tropban_day24_3.jpg
tropban_day24_4.jpg
tropban_day24_6.jpg
tropban_day24_7.jpg
tropban_day24_8.jpg
tropban_day24_9.jpg
tropban_day24_10.jpg
tropban_day24_11.jpg
Really good spread of tops mate youve done a good job of using the scrog net 👍

Really good spread of tops mate youve done a good job of using the scrog net 👍
Thanks @GreenFingaz I appreciate that mate.

I'll see how much of a PITA it is to remove it but I'm actually a big fan of how flexible the net is with being able to freely re-arrange the top budsites. I might be a scrog convert... although I will freely admit it makes it a big hassle defoliating under and around the plant!

Larl update for everyone, been super busy (saying that a lot recently :rofl:) so not had much chance to potter about any journals the last week, hopefully more time this coming week!

Gonna make some changes on day 29, I am reducing the lights on period by 1 hour (30 mins either side) and also reducing the temps to 24c and rH to 40-50% so increasing VPD by .2 upto 1.4-5. The reduced light period is meant to mimic real life where the days get shorter, I think one of the goals is to encourage the plant to finish and there's the big added bonus of saving on electricity!

I'd say we're looking pretty good now, I need to up the K intake but I'm waiting on my delivery still so hopefully it comes soon :rofl: She is packing on frost and I love to see that :green_heart:

Day 27
tropbanday27_1.jpg
tropbanday27_2.jpg
tropbanday27_3.jpg
tropbanday27_4.jpg
tropbanday27_5.jpg
tropbanday27_6.jpg
tropbanday27_7.jpg
tropbanday27_8.jpg
tropbanday27_9.jpg
tropbanday27_10.jpg

Larl update for everyone, been super busy (saying that a lot recently :rofl:) so not had much chance to potter about any journals the last week, hopefully more time this coming week!

Gonna make some changes on day 29, I am reducing the lights on period by 1 hour (30 mins either side) and also reducing the temps to 24c and rH to 40-50% so increasing VPD by .2 upto 1.4-5. The reduced light period is meant to mimic real life where the days get shorter, I think one of the goals is to encourage the plant to finish and there's the big added bonus of saving on electricity!

I'd say we're looking pretty good now, I need to up the K intake but I'm waiting on my delivery still so hopefully it comes soon :rofl: She is packing on frost and I love to see that :green_heart:

Day 27
tropbanday27_1.jpg
tropbanday27_2.jpg
tropbanday27_3.jpg
tropbanday27_4.jpg
tropbanday27_5.jpg
tropbanday27_6.jpg
tropbanday27_7.jpg
tropbanday27_8.jpg
tropbanday27_9.jpg
tropbanday27_10.jpg
Beast of a plant great work 👍

Thanks @GreenFingaz I appreciate that mate.

I'll see how much of a PITA it is to remove it but I'm actually a big fan of how flexible the net is with being able to freely re-arrange the top budsites. I might be a scrog convert... although I will freely admit it makes it a big hassle defoliating under and around the plant!
I guess thats the only down side to scrog but... maybe a possible good defol before flower n stretch then see how they go saves you climbing thru the bushes 😄

Beautiful contrast!

:circle-of-love:
Thanks @ViparSpectra and I gotta say:- The KS5000 is doing wonders! The removable driver let's me easily maintain the temps I want inside the tent :green_heart:

I guess thats the only down side to scrog but... maybe a possible good defol before flower n stretch then see how they go saves you climbing thru the bushes 😄
Yeah definitely mate :rofl: Definitely gonna give the bush a good trim before flip next time!!

I'm sorting my SIPs out for the next run today, we're downsizing to 4x 3gal SIPs... because 4 3gals can fit into my 4x2 and will fill out my 4x4 better in flower, the idea here is to reduce veg time significantly & more easily achieve a full canopy in flower.

To do this I've had to bring the humidifier outside the tent and change heater to one that is hung, as I need all available floor space to squeeze these girls in!

I'm also just debating what seeds to pop... I really like doing the same strain so I can get mostly even heights and results, I plan to pop multiple strains but in a few months when I've added a 4x2 LoS tent that I will run full cycles in seperately.

I've got some seriously 🔥 genetics, my choice is between:

Blueberry Muffin by Humboldt Seeds
Jam on It by BeLeaf Genetics (Jelly Breath BX1 x Dip'N Stix cut of Sugarcane)
Pyxystyx (Wedding Pie) x Zawtz by Cannarado Genetics

I'm probably gonna go for the Blueberry Muffin first but I'm still undecided, the thing that is tempting me the most is a 45 day flowering time as well as the fact I realllllly love the terp profile of a good blueberry muffin, the other strains are likely dynamite too though :D

Back on topic, I'm currently experiencing a small K def but that was already predicted and accounted for, hopefully the extra potassium sulphate solution I'm adding has addressed the issue.

Day 34:
tropban_day34_2.jpg
tropban_day34_3.jpg
tropban_day34_4.jpg
tropban_day34_5.jpg
tropban_day34_6.jpg
tropban_day34_7.jpg
tropban_day34_8.jpg
tropban_day34_9.jpg
tropban_day34_10.jpg

tropban_day34_1.jpg

Gooood morning 420 fam! I hope everyone is doing well.

The days are ticking by and I'm hopefully only looking at another 35-40 days before I can hang this lady up. I disturbed a bud picking a leaf out that was blocking another bud and I got a whiff of terps hidden behind the surface... wow, I hope those come out fully and if it tastes like it smells we might have a keeper!! Too early to confirm but signs might be headed that way :cheer:

I'd like a second opinion on how my leaf colour is looking now please fine people? I have ONE singular leaf with some gnarly tip curl so that made me fear N tox? But it's literally just one leaf soo... The other thing is with the lights off, the leaves are quite dark green and shiney, now that might be completely normal... my plants have pretty much all been N starved before this one so it's hard for me to judge :rofl:

Environment Averages Notes:

23.8c
40.5% rH
1.45kPa
11:13 light schedule since start of week 5

My new SIPs will be made up this evening and I'm gonna put my Blueberry Muffin seeds in some paper towels... everything else is ready to go. Stay tuned !

Day 36 of Flower
tropbanday36_1.jpg

tropbanday36_3.jpg
tropbanday36_4.jpg
tropbanday36_5.jpg
tropbanday36_6.jpg
tropbanday36_9.jpg
tropbanday36_11.jpg
tropbanday36_12.jpg

Gooood morning 420 fam! I hope everyone is doing well.

The days are ticking by and I'm hopefully only looking at another 35-40 days before I can hang this lady up. I disturbed a bud picking a leaf out that was blocking another bud and I got a whiff of terps hidden behind the surface... wow, I hope those come out fully and if it tastes like it smells we might have a keeper!! Too early to confirm but signs might be headed that way :cheer:

I'd like a second opinion on how my leaf colour is looking now please fine people? I have ONE singular leaf with some gnarly tip curl so that made me fear N tox? But it's literally just one leaf soo... The other thing is with the lights off, the leaves are quite dark green and shiney, now that might be completely normal... my plants have pretty much all been N starved before this one so it's hard for me to judge :rofl:

Environment Averages Notes:
23.8c
40.5% rH
1.45kPa
11:13 light schedule since start of week 5

My new SIPs will be made up this evening and I'm gonna put my Blueberry Muffin seeds in some paper towels... everything else is ready to go. Stay tuned !

Day 36 of Flower
tropbanday36_1.jpg

tropbanday36_3.jpg
tropbanday36_4.jpg
tropbanday36_5.jpg
tropbanday36_6.jpg
tropbanday36_9.jpg
tropbanday36_11.jpg
tropbanday36_12.jpg
Shes an absolute beauty lookin real frosty already. Those blueberry muffin seeds are they humboldt?

Thanks everyone for the reassurance :D

Hey Weffalo, since you asked, I see an exceptionally well grown plant! The light green/yellow tips haunt my grows too. It may be a slight mag def happening? I haven't nailed that down yet but I'm leaning there now.
Thanks a lot mate, definitely happy with how its going but just wanted to check :rofl: The tips I think happened earlier on due to initially light burn and then nute burn, I don't think it's recent but I appreciate your eyes on the matter :green_heart: The main thing I was worried about is that the color is such a deep green, but this might just be the first time I've seen what colour they should be lol.

Weff you are doing a superb job on this plant. Such a beauty!
Thanks a lot @Carmen Ray, she's a big girl but a pretty one :D

Outstanding job Wef looking forward to seeing your harvest n smoke report.👀👍 CL🍀 :thumb: :popcorn::Namaste:
Cheers @CaptainLucky, be a while for those but getting closer every day now :D :cheer:

Shes an absolute beauty lookin real frosty already. Those blueberry muffin seeds are they humboldt?
Cheers mate, yes the Blueberry Muffin are from Humboldt, it's their signature strain I believe. I last smoked it around 8 years ago and it was grown to perfection and easily one of the best terp profiles I've had. Just one where the taste is pretty bang on with the smell and strain name, nothing better than all those lining up properly :D

Looking terrific in the tent. :welldone:
Thanks a lot @InTheShed - In no small part thanks to your help :thanks:

Thanks everyone for the reassurance :D

Thanks a lot mate, definitely happy with how its going but just wanted to check :rofl: The tips I think happened earlier on due to initially light burn and then nute burn, I don't think it's recent but I appreciate your eyes on the matter :green_heart: The main thing I was worried about is that the color is such a deep green, but this might just be the first time I've seen what colour they should be lol.

Thanks a lot @Carmen Ray, she's a big girl but a pretty one :D

Cheers @CaptainLucky, be a while for those but getting closer every day now :D :cheer:

Cheers mate, yes the Blueberry Muffin are from Humboldt, it's their signature strain I believe. I last smoked it around 8 years ago and it was grown to perfection and easily one of the best terp profiles I've had. Just one where the taste is pretty bang on with the smell and strain name, nothing better than all those lining up properly :D

Thanks a lot @InTheShed - In no small part thanks to your help :thanks:
Too right I've heard great things about the strain And may try it myself 1 time

Awesome thanks mate.

I have unfortunately got a problem today, although one that I may be able to remedy before it becomes a big problem. I noticed some fungus gnats, inside the house... not inside my tent, although it's possible and perhaps likely there might be some in there.

I keep tights over the intakes on my tent so they could only have gotten in whilst watering, I know the definitely originated from outside the tent so if I deal with it swiftly enough I may keep them away from the lady.

I have a few houseplants downstairs and I was a bit lazy with cleaning out some older soil.... ooft, lesson learned. There is only a few places they could have laid eggs, main ones I'm concerned about are the clones that I have because the prop tent is in the lung room.

Does anyone see any larvae in these images? The bonsai is fairly new to my windowsil.

1.jpg

I can see little whiteish things here but I don't know if that's just shit in the soil lol, when I picked a bit out it looked more like ash or paper than anything organic!

2.jpg
3.jpg

What would you advise to try and remedy the issue? I've already placed some apple vinegar cider & dishing soap traps around the house... should I throw out these plants just to be sure or treat them with insectisidal soap? I'm really not too fussed about the clones as it was more experimenting/learning the process than anything else.

I sealed the lung room off & sprayed some fly killer on any gnats I could see as well, so from what I can see with a torch and close inspection there aren't any/many adults left in the house.

Back
Top Bottom