Olddog Newtrick's Seedsman, Banana Jealousy, SIP/Quadline Comparative Grow

I do mine by pressing the limb against a round object like a pen or marker barrel. I've snapped too many trying to do it just with my fingers.

Good luck! :thumb:
You just gently smash em between thumb and pen while gently rolling it back and forth correct?

You just gently smash em between thumb and pen while gently rolling it back and forth correct?
More pressing it into and around the pen and yes rolling the pen forward and back. You'll feel the stem structure give a little.

The stem will want to correct itself over the next 12 hours so you may need to put a light weight on it to hold it in position while it resets up in its new place.

I do mine by pressing the limb against a round object like a pen or marker barrel. I've snapped too many trying to do it just with my fingers.

Good luck! :thumb:
Thanks for that! I'm going to choose a couple pretty stretched limbs and try this in my own grow. I cannot do it with just my fingers without way too much effort, and I've snapped a couple during the veg stage.
Never thought of using a marker!

I previous used a 20mm socket to bend them over gently, while massaging the stem. Now I just pinch em and lay em over. They all bounce back
Yeah, it's pretty wild. You think you really did damage to them and the next day they're like "What, you think you can hurt me?" LOL.

Like it never even happened which is why I weigh them down with a light weight. Nothing too much, even like a paperclip with something on the end like a binder clip. I use steel fishing weights for mine.

And the bend will heal over with a big knuckle which seems to increase sap flow and those branches turn out to be the most robust on the plant. Weird, but the damage makes it stronger.

Yeah, it's pretty wild. You think you really did damage to them and the next day they're like "What, you think you can hurt me?" LOL.

Like it never even happened which is why I weigh them down with a light weight. Nothing too much, even like a paperclip with something on the end like a binder clip. I use steel fishing weights for mine.

And the bend will heal over with a big knuckle which seems to increase sap flow and those branches turn out to be the most robust on the plant. Weird, but the damage makes it stronger.

Yep good stress, great buds. I enjoy watching them snap back. Literally. I've been pretty rough with a few, during all stages of growth. 98% The branch comes right back for more. I've had to do a few plants a couple of times before harvest, to keep them under the lights.

Well, I suppercropped the hell out of em this morning. We shall see how they do!
I cropped about 6 or 8 branches and was running out of places to bend them to. Her canopy is full!
If these bounce back, I may clip a few smaller bud sites to make room for them.
I’ve been stripping any budlets from anything lower than the net.

IMG_3479.jpeg

IMG_3480.jpeg

I actually only did the one on the left. But I think I can get away with it.

Y’all were right on the money. They didn’t seem to care in the slightest. Thank you!

IMG_3481.jpeg

3 weeks since the flip.
I had to super crop a couple more over achieving branches but I think stretch is done… I hope it’s done.. lol
It’s going to be tough keeping par levels where they need to be but, so far so good.
It’s really only Canna that is getting too crazy. Tons of side shoots and bud sites. I’ve been thinning out the smaller but, I can only assume it’s growing like mad because of the split trunk.
I haven’t watered them since I got the sip automated and they seem to love the steady water supply.
The doser has kept the ph at a perfect 6.3 with no effort at all on my part.
Already seeing a little sugar from em!
Can’t wait to see what they pull off!

IMG_3485.jpeg

IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_3487.jpeg

IMG_3488.jpeg

MmmmmMmmmm these girls smell fantastic!
Gorgeous little cotton balls everywhere and the frost on them is startling!
I can’t wait to see em through.

IMG_3490.jpeg

IMG_3491.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom