2nd Night On 12/12 - Then I Left The Light On

Those bags of soil stuff brought back memories.. just wait til you got to buy soil by the pallet and perlite and vermiculite by 4cf sacks..is that African violet the fertilizer or soil? It's not the worst thing they need about the same as cannabis to grow I think. Some of miracle grow nutes are hard on cannabis until they break down some. I mean nitrogen is nitrogen and potassium is potassium no matter what but the things they derive the nutrients from are chemical and considered "hot"..because it's alot more economical for the companies to provide what they need to in that manner.

U guidance has taught me to stay away from MG ( Time release , mG , all No good). I will use a much better medium ( first medium was dirt removed from outside) and should not need "to nutes until flowering .
My White widows had a very small root base ( 1-3 "deep ),3/4 of pot had no roots ( wet, spongy, hard packed medium). so I replanted with new medium ( and will watch watering !!!!!). I only water now when the first inches is dry.

Now have my LED's raised to the roof ( gives me 24" height), hopefully this will be high enough ?

Hey , notoriousBOB, do u mix ur medium all at once ( i mixed a 1/2 barrel , more than I need )? How would i store this medium with out bug's moving in ?
Cheer's
J

Ok, decided to take a look at my medium ( transplant once only)and shit its wet :yikes:. Look's like roots went sideways in pot. They did not grow more than last transplant ( one of the reason it was slow to grow) to a depth of 3". From here down, the medium was soaked ( I did last flush about 5 days ago). I seemed and felt muddy.
Does this make re-veg hard or unsuccessful ( they produced about 3-5 oz) on these wht widows ? Or would I be better off to start fresh ?:hmmmm:

J
DSCF000154.JPG
DSCF000259.JPG

This is my last one . In week 9 flowering . It also has a wet medium ( same as above). Chop it ?

DSCF000447.JPG
DSCF000352.JPG

Cheers
J

That African violet stuff may be Ok for cloning I can't say for sure as I haven't used It. I clone In rapid rooters and then move to soil. You have to make sure it's not fertilized or very little and airy and light for clones also it should be kept moist at first and you don't want it to compact. As far as soil I'm not an organic grower and I don't add the biologicals as I grow for the most part for yield and Such and I'm sure I'm gonna get an argument Goin for this but I don't think for me anyways that I can get the same results from it. But i do love promix and there soil is great. For me it's just not economical right now. So that being said I make what I'll need for final pot size for each grow. I mix I t and store it moist but let it breath and stir it often. I don't get bugs as I store it indoors and I don't have them there. Occasionally fungus gnat and they are usually in soil when it's bought and then hatch and grow. But after its in the pot for the most part I don't amend with soil additives I use liquid nutrients.

Re: 2nd night on 12/12 and then i left the light On

Here's the repotted White widow's,with new medium. One looks like its has roots on surface (there was some roots in old medium from flower garden)
What's the best way to force the roots to go down ? Or let it dry out ?
Cheer's
J
DSCF0001-0011.JPG

That medium has problems mate does it have drain holes etc? The roots look poor as well they don't look well established or healrhy? You did have alot of watering issues didn't you and had a bad mix of soil? Hard to see though..

Roots go down due to gravity they will try to get to moisture if you water from the bottom it will help and let your medium dry properly As well. And there is a down side to using to big of pots and that is that the Water doesn't get used by the plants cause they don't need it and can't absorb water when aren't transpiring enough to use more. So that leaves it sit until it dries out. Which in a big pot with not enough drainage can be a long time. So then it sits there depriving your roots of oxygen and can cause a lot of other problems like rot or pythium.

Yeah ur help is much appreciated :thumb:
The mix was ,- sea weed / shrimp compost , outside dirt,volcanic mix for Orchids . It was all wrong , but at time it was a financial decision .
I knew half way I was in trouble ( drilled some holes , too late ), even try heat to warm up the pots ( then became a problem) But they did produce some yields ( now in cure mode 2-4 weeks).
Happy , but will do better this round !:thumb:
Just not sure if there worth re-veg'in ?

J

I'd only chop it if your happy with the flowers it has. Otherwise let her keep fattening up. Only you know how much you want to re veg those. Do you want to regrow those plants are not? That's What It com e's down to. I still would if you have the space and resources. You'll learn alot if nothing else.

Yes , I'll give them a run .I glad I took them apart and to see exactly what's going on . I to believe some of the roots were from the dirt ( took from my flower garden).
Going to try these glass ball water systems ( it has a 10" straw like thing attached to the ball and u fill the ball with water), just insert in soil. This might train the plants to feed downwards ?
Have 3 widows , so i can make them my guinea pig's ( 1-ball/straw watering system , 1-measured water , 1-TBA )
I feel more confidence on transplanting and believe this the best way for me to grow ( Going to be a white widow pro ).
Going to look for tents that have a 6" ceiling . Having more adjustment on lighting is crucial ( LED's are powerful , another learning curve)
Graytail ,NotoriousBOB ,
Thanks for the input , its rewarding to have someone watching m back :thumb: .
DSCF0001-0011.JPG

Ok ,let's watch these ladies dance to a better tune . This will separate the strong from the weak .. To be continued .....:theband:

Good stuff sir. I just bought and modified 2 tents because I needed 6 ft so if you need I can help you there too that's a strange coincidence I cut em from 78in to 73in.its alot easier to do it that way I still am yet to see a 6 ft tent.

Well I suppose metal corners, metal frame, metal support bars with metal ends, and as far as tent I would say doubLe stitched seams with no pinholes, good strong zippers double stitched. Also The material to be 900d. And have enought vents and windows etc.. basically light proof and strong

Ok , I think somethink is going wrong with these mini-auto's guns. When I first notice some discoloring , I went to water (boiled water from the start). The only nutes was over 2 weeks ago ?
Calling all Dr.'s .......
Maybe I'll try 20-20-20 micro nutes or 5-15-5 ?:nomo:
Raised lights (26") from tallest plant.
What about foliage spraying ?
i check them every day but clearly I must be doing something :scratchinghead: Maybe my medium is too light ?
Cheers
J
DSCF0001-0012.JPG
DSCF0004-0011.JPG
DSCF000353.JPG
DSCF000554.JPG

Back
Top Bottom