300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

420-magazine-mobile1239497448.jpg
must he a 420 miracle.

There is about 8 degrees differnt from top to bottom. It maybe is cooler by your buds.
happy growing
I have two hygrometers. One on top of the soil. And one about 8" from the canopy. At first they were spot on from one another. After some hotter nights the temps have differed by about 2 degrees. I only have one 300w led and a 40w true watt cfl and a 23w cfl. My 4" inline fan is set to med/high. Temps range from 73 to 78 with lights on.

Yea by the way how you like those two? How do they compare to each other in your opinion? I'm running a MarsII 400w and I like it ok..... I just realized I've never used the bloom switch haha. Wonder if it's a waste to use it in veg.

Hi Archiweedies. The only time I use veg only is for seedlings. Once they have a couple nodes I go to full spectrum. Right now I have 5 plants vegging about 14-15" from Mars Epistar Reflector 144x5 sitting in veg tent and they are loving the full spectrum.

IMG_217422.JPG

Hi Archiweedies. The only time I use veg only is for seedlings. Once they have a couple nodes I go to full spectrum. Right now I have 5 plants vegging about 14-15" from Mars Epistar Reflector 144x5 sitting in veg tent and they are loving the full spectrum.

IMG_217422.JPG

Shit man...you mean to tell me my bigger plant has been vegging all this time and I could have used full spectrum to speed up growth? I thought only a certain spectrum (blue) was needed during vegetative.

Shit man...you mean to tell me my bigger plant has been vegging all this time and I could have used full spectrum to speed up growth? I thought only a certain spectrum (blue) was needed during vegetative.

Absolutely, use the full spectrum.. And those seedlings in the pictures all popped days apart, there is at least a week difference between the shortest and the tallest. So the shortest couple seedlings got full spectrum within a week or so of popping.
Go for it man, they love the light! :allgood:

Yea thanks a lot mike it helped a little gonna try to open it more tomorrow.. hoping to get it to 77 and ill be very pleased with that if it gets there!

I guess write this here before I lose my train of thought. It was mean keeping temp. last July-Sept. I have all passive vents open. Except I now have the vent by the b.room door closed. Light was penetrating with the b.room door open I dident realize. My Gorrilla tents vents block most light. It has to be bright to penetrate. Its surprising the light it blocks. Someone told me to open my flaps to cool it down if needed. Also I think my 8" exhaust fan on high routed to a jack helps allot. You must remember if you want it to be 75 deg than the air your feeding it cant be over 70 with LED. To keep my 600 hps under 80 deg i got to give it no more than 70 deg air. Why I think I got nanners was the light penetration. My high heat issues they were still in veg. By Oct. all was well. Ive been told temp is everything and I see it. Exchange the air Toasted, open a flap some. Temp only matters at plant level. so I have two gauges, an electric one I dident trust and a dollar one with Mercury. I got them both hanging with the plants. Also I have a 14" rotating fan on a timer that shuts off at lights out, it helps with temp, air circ. and bugs. Great Day.

I have a oscillating 8" fan in the middle on one side blowing on the bottoms of the plants and a 6" clip fan up top blowing on the lights.. they have both been on high since i got that light. do i need another fan? I think the air circulation is pretty good in there.

But i left the one bottom vent all the way open and when i came home for lunch it was 77 in there!! Still 77 now i think that will be perfect for them. The exhaust was on high though so i turned it down to medium to see if it stays at 77. Looking good though thanks a lot guys i really appreciate the help!! Gotta head back to work talk to yall later!

I have a oscillating 8" fan in the middle on one side blowing on the bottoms of the plants and a 6" clip fan up top blowing on the lights.. they have both been on high since i got that light. do i need another fan? I think the air circulation is pretty good in there.

But i left the one bottom vent all the way open and when i came home for lunch it was 77 in there!! Still 77 now i think that will be perfect for them. The exhaust was on high though so i turned it down to medium to see if it stays at 77. Looking good though thanks a lot guys i really appreciate the help!! Gotta head back to work talk to yall later!

Sounds like you're getting it dialed in. I enjoy the tinkering around to get things to where you like them too.
:goodjob:

Yes it is very fun.. i love getting the environment perfect! I left my exhaust on medium and when i came home it was still 77! I just turned the oscillating fan on its lower speed to see if temps stay at 77. I dont like it blowing on them so hard for the whole 12 hours of lights on. They are really loving that new light though fan leaves are pointing towards the lights like crazy lol

Its just a regular mars hydro 300w, no reflectors. Cant leave my oscillating fan on low the temp goes up to 79.. oh well at least i dont have to have my exhaust on high all the time. Got some pics before and after lights out.. used a desk lamp for the lighting after lights went out, weird to see them in that lighting.

Squeezed some of the buds a little and my fingers were pretty sticky haha and the smell was very strong, almost too strong lol so happy i have that filter my place would smell like crazy. They look great very happy ladies! .

420-magazine-mobile1470074934.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2142244162.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2144487091.jpg

420-magazine-mobile626198000.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2113286021.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1791151193.jpg

420-magazine-mobile673847905.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1672024118.jpg

Yes it is very fun.. i love getting the environment perfect! I left my exhaust on medium and when i came home it was still 77! I just turned the oscillating fan on its lower speed to see if temps stay at 77. I dont like it blowing on them so hard for the whole 12 hours of lights on. They are really loving that new light though fan leaves are pointing towards the lights like crazy lol

Ya gotta love it when it all comes together! :allgood:

You have to look at them with regular light now and then. I started with cfl's so the led is definitely different when taking pics and diagnosing problems. I keep a heat lamp with cfls in the tent to see the buds in there true form. Your girls are looking nice and healthy man. Keep it up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom