300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

Volcano bottoms eh, must look into this intriquing tip to find the ladies, especially the shy ones.

Yeah I check her out top to bottom and nary a pistol. She's 19" long but only 12" tall because of Irishboy's LST tip. Shaped like a sheppards crook and in 2 gal dirt pot hellbent for the horizon. Lucky theres room and hopefully no bananas.

Should you ever go fem seed cultivation, pul-leez post! Enquiring minds want to know. :peace:

Re: 420 Consumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Lowryder II by Setting Sun

We need 420 Consumer Reports - Mythbusters edition

This industry certainly needs it ;)

Hope this happens.

Great idea!

Looking awesome Sun... :popcorn:

+1 on "420 Mythbusters" ;)

thanks OBX!

Where would you like to start? This 'field' is fertile for debunking.:reading420magazine:

This industry is ripe for the pluckin', and I would love to be one of the pluckers, er, or somethin' like that ;).

Hahahaha, that would be TOO COOL, I love Mythbusters!! :headbanger:

me too, great show!

Go Mythbusters! I hear "reefer" causes "madness!"

Can someone spark me? I'm ready to go "mad". :)

I was kidding around but only a bit ;)

I'm very skeptical that a seeds future sex is predictable by observation.

I'm open minded to the possibility but would need to see a DOE with a few replicates to become a believer

We should make a list of things we'd like to see scientifically determined; maybe some could be integrated into the Consumer Reports grows as a secondary operation ;)

If you do a forum search for "making fem seeds" and "STS", you'll get a lot of good hits on different methods to produce fem seeds.

Thanks SS. I keep forgetting how huge this site is. It's where I found some great cloning tips.

I've tried fem making with the Hermie way years ago and ended with 100% shmales. After a couple seasons of same, I stopped.

Wouldn't mind trying again. :peace:

No problem KX, but yes, this site is full of good stuff.

My understanding of making fem seeds through stress is that you don't want to select females that only take a little stress before they produce male flowers.

The more stress it takes to get the female to produce male flowers, the less chance your fem seeds will hermie.

I'm open minded to the possibility but would need to see a DOE with a few replicates to become a believer

We should make a list of things we'd like to see scientifically determined; maybe some could be integrated into the Consumer Reports grows as a secondary operation ;)

dose 24 hr of dark time before harvest produce more potent buds? dose cutting off fan leaves hurt yield?

i have a few others but cant think of them right now.

IrishBoy, I've heard a few times that 24-36 hours of darkness and lower temps (water and air) will boost the trich develoment, I only remove a few fan leaves if they look droopy or brown, other than that I leave them cause they are what feeds the plant. The fan leaves are the sloar panels of the plant and store the needed food for the new groth etc. I don't think it's a good idea to remove too many of them , rather "tuck" them out of the way so light can get through to the lower buds and leaves...:wood:

IrishBoy, I've heard a few times that 24-36 hours of darkness and lower temps (water and air) will boost the trich develoment, I only remove a few fan leaves if they look droopy or brown, other than that I leave them cause they are what feeds the plant. The fan leaves are the sloar panels of the plant and store the needed food for the new groth etc. I don't think it's a good idea to remove too many of them , rather "tuck" them out of the way so light can get through to the lower buds and leaves...:wood:

i usaly stick to the same thing as you just said, but their has always been allot of wars over these questions some say they work and some say their a myth. it would be cool to see some side x side testing on this and see whats what for sure

The one that's been burning a hole in my pocket for a while is the MG soil controversy.

then there's:

does LST increase yield?

are CMH bulbs better than horticultural bulbs?

that's about all I can add to what was already mentioned.

you know, it's amazing how much stuff most of us do agree about, lol

must be the herb

No better way to determine the feasibility of a method than to take a scientific approach. If I only had a larger grow room in which I could control the variables and do such studies. IMO that would be nirvana! Maybe some day :grinjoint:

The one that's been burning a hole in my pocket for a while is the MG soil controversy.

then there's:

does LST increase yield?

are CMH bulbs better than horticultural bulbs?

that's about all I can add to what was already mentioned.

you know, it's amazing how much stuff most of us do agree about, lol

must be the herb

As a new grower, the list presented so far would be soooo helpful! Having a best practices guide for different methods sure would be informative.

One of the most difficult aspects of being a new grower is that there are so many methods to growing and so many opinions on how to tweak those methods. When it came down to it, I found it was best to find growers that are having good success and mimic what they do. Essentially taking their best practices.
:peace:

One of the most difficult aspects of being a new grower is that there are so many methods to growing and so many opinions on how to tweak those methods. When it came down to it, I found it was best to find growers that are having good success and mimic what they do. Essentially taking their best practices.
:peace:

That holds true in every aspect of life. Imitate success. It always works!

Learning from mistakes is OK....but learning from success is much better.

I'd much rather learn from other people's mistakes and successes, but the lessons I learn from my own seem to sink in deeper.

I read this site for quite a while before I registered, observing, soaking it all in, figuring out who knew what, and who was doing what I wanted to do.

Success isn't accidental, and outside of the things we have zero control over, neither is failure.

i can guarantee LST does increase yield but thats the only one i know

Back
Top Bottom