IMG_7576.JPG

IMG_7578.JPG

IMG_7577.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

IMG_7581.JPG

IMG_7541.JPG

IMG_75421.JPG

Probably the last time I'll be able to take plants out for pics, so I took a bunch.

I trimmed them all up a little. Snipped a few small branches that weren't going to amount to much and to make watering easier.

Temps are dropping, but RH is still high at 55% from recent showers. When things dry up a little, conditions should be great for the second half of bloom.

The buds on the LED plants seem to be developing a little faster. They look a little fatter and heavier to me at this point.

The HID plants, however, are doing very well also, and both groups are still remarkably close and blooming vigorously.

:thanks: for following!

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro 300w LED vs. 400w HID

OOhhhhh!:bravo: Frosted Leaves for breakfast. :rollit:

Great pictorial. Amazing how close things are looking. I will see that the girls look prettier. Maybe I am just a sucker for dark green leaves.

:reading420magazine:

I'd be thrilled with either...what size pots did you use?

Thanks
NCDude

Beautiful pictures both sets of ladies are looking awesome :nicethread:

Fantastic, for sure. Confirmed what I already knew, having several LED grows under my belt, even though mine is only a UFO 90. So you can well imagine, I am hot for more watts ASAP. Being perplexed whether to get more LEDs or an HID, I sincerely thank you for your effort here! Alas, when I take into account ventilation equip, both ~ 400 watt lights are relatively expensive, at least compared to the Quantum Bad Boy.

I'm thinking their 400 watt /8 bulb (18 X 48 footprint) might be better for 3-4 plants.

Advantages

1. You can grow in a long but narrow closet!
2. Putting them in a line might be easier to work with
3. Control over the spectrums,
3. Bulb replacement.
4. A case of 8 bulbs, either 2900 or 6500, is <$100.

Looking at the grow finished here, that yield was damned good, too. Personally, I would rather spend $200 every couple years than replace another LED, at least until the price comes down to where I am comfortable throwing it away once the LEDs deteriorate.

Anyway, that's a journal I' d like to see: 400 watt Bad Boy vs either or both.

Clearly, you are the man/woman- Soniq could go either way no?- to do it.
:nicethread::bravo::thanks::welldone:

Sounds good to me! I'd love to see what the difference would be between the two lights, and I'd imagine it'd translate just fine to vertical.

If the greater intensity of the HPS bulb translates linearly from hood to bare, which seems like it would, then the results should be reproducible and linear from one setup to the other.

That's gonna be one hell of an interesting comparison, and I think I would compare at least one or two other things at the same time in order to kill two birds with one stone.

Maybe run four plants in each tent and lollypop two of them, or something else, maybe hempy vs soil.

should be fun ;)

How would you accomplish that with a Sunlight Supply Magnum XXXL in a Growlab GL80L?

If you have to orient the long sides of the reflector parallel to the grow space because there isn't enough depth to orient it the other, more efficient way, you just can't do it.

I daresay that in the majority of rectangular personal grow spaces, it's probably not going to be doable.

U da Man !!! I cant give you any more rep :)

thank you Dexter!

glad you found that thread helpful, I sure have.

Thanks for this link - very helpful. It looks like there have been some improvements on the How the Grow FAQ page - this link should be added to the list. Just a thought.

Again, thanks.

:peace:

thank you Pop Kulture, and for the suggestion to add the link. I'll bring it up to the admin.

:welcome: !!!

It took me 11 World of Seeds Afgan Kush to find the pheno I wound up keeping. Since you are dealing with a 'stabilized hybrid', it probably won't be as easy to spot as the difference I found in a supposed landrace strain. Good luck. Been busy the last couple of months. Obviously you have too. Keep up the good work.

I enjoyed your participation in the last comparison grow, so glad you're back for this one ;).

My focus on this grow strain-wise, was a sativa or sativa-dominant strain that would be manageable indoors, and to use identical clones from the same mom for the sake of uniformity.

I was more concerned about my lack of cloning skills than finding the right pheno ;).

From a purely morphologic and physiologic standpoint, however, these PPP ladies are near-on perfect for my needs. They stay short and bush out like crazy when trained or topped.

Now, if it also smoke well, I'll have a keeper strain.

yeah, I have been busy too, thanks bro ;)

awesome man. Subscribed!:bravo:

I agree NCDude, they both look great!

Beautiful pictures both sets of ladies are looking awesome :nicethread:

OOhhhhh!:bravo: Frosted Leaves for breakfast. :rollit:

Great pictorial. Amazing how close things are looking. I will see that the girls look prettier. Maybe I am just a sucker for dark green leaves.

:reading420magazine:

I'd be thrilled with either...what size pots did you use?

Thanks
NCDude

thanks guys!

they're looking real good to me too, both groups.

I also prefer the dark green foliage on the LED plants, and also the thicker and lusher texture of the leaves. I'm sure the healthy foliage has a very positive effect after the flip, *if* the LED light can take advantage of it by flowering well also, which this Spectra 360 certainly seems to do.

I used 3-gallon hempy buckets for this grow, with the medium being 75/25 coco/perlite.

thanks again, and if you're new to this thread and/or website,

:welcome: !!!

You may notice that I am no longer on staff at 420mag.

I'd like to explain this change so that I don't have to answer a bunch of PM's, lol.

In order to review and report on any and all products that are of my personal choosing, I need to be independent.

that's it, nothing more dramatic than that ;)

There's no hard feelings on my part whatsoever.

now, back to our regularly scheduled programming ;)

Is there any detectable difference in aroma between the delectable divas in each tent? One thing that I like to check [microscopically] is how much frosting is on the little side leaves of the bud, specifically, how much goo, how far it goes down the leaflet towards the tip, and how close it gets to the midrib of said leaflet. If you can't see the midrib through the goo, it will be better for you.:rollit:

b

YouTube - Traffic - Medicated Goo Live 1994 :)

SS, this is one of the best reads I've had in a long time! I am so glad I made the choice I did. Fantastic job on the journal, keep up the great work!!

Hey SS: I hope they gave you a handsome severance package. There's been a lot of turnover at TV networks lately. With your audio/video experience, you should be able to land a job as a network anchor or commentator on cable somewhere. You could be the Clark Howard of Cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom