400W HPS Cylindrical V-Scrog

Kushdaddy1980

2014-03-30_22_42_06.jpg

just got my v-scrog going, decided to throw the moms in it instead of the clones, and ill take two of the clones and make new moms out of them.

unknown indica dominant
2014-03-30_22_38_42.jpg

sour diesel
2014-03-30_22_39_30.jpg

the indica is a female, the sour deisel i dont know know yet, i havent sexed it. so this will go one of two ways, or possibly three...either sour diesel is a female and i get an all sensi crop, or sour is a male and then i just let it pollinate to get seeds and grow those, or the third possibility of a hermie, or intersexed plant.It is very likely that i could get a hermie with a sour diesel strain because of the genetics, but ill keep hope that its a straight female

2014-04-04_10_19_34.jpg

2014-04-04_10_19_06.jpg

got them on a 24hr cycle to fill this screen pronto. ill start giving the some dark time at about mid veg..

Yo Yo in the house !
Check that upside planter , many massive gains on that kind of planter, that is where the plant is upside down in the planter and the light will come from the bottom , Hmmmmmmmm

Have a good 1, Bulldog

actually i excpect a huge harvest out of this, the screen is 7 sq ft. i should get about 5 or 6 ounces minimum.

Hello and many appologys !
Sounds like you have done this before !
This would be known as scrog ?
Do you put a lamp in the centre ? Or just above and at the sides ?
By the looks of things it is hydroponic, what type of food do you use ?

Have a good 1, Bulldog

Hello and many appologys !
Sounds like you have done this before !
This would be known as scrog ?
Do you put a lamp in the centre ? Or just above and at the sides ?
By the looks of things it is hydroponic, what type of food do you use ?

Have a good 1, Bulldog

its cool bro, lol yes ive done this before, never a vertical-scrog but ive made about 5 0r 6 harvests using scrog and dwc.check out my other thread (150w stealth dresser) i yeilded 39g from a 150w hps. the 400w hps cooltube is in the center. but i wont turn it on until flowering, right now i just hung two cfls over each plant until ready to flower when the screen is almost completely full of vegitation. it is a hydroponic system called deep water culture (dwc) super simple.its just a container, air-stone, net pot and hydro rocks. the roots hang in the oxygenated solution and are virtually unrestricted.i use d-y-n-a -"gro" nutrients 5ml/1tsp per gallon for veg.the solution is about 800-900ppm with hard water.and 5.8-6.0 ph.

Very cool setup, can't wait to see the yield on this

PPM
me too, im curious to see if i can get more than 2 1/2oz per plant out of this 400w, like back in the day before i scrogged and used a cooltube. but i had to keep the light about 2 ft away back then, now i got them right up next to the light so i think it will get a boost from the intensity. also my e-ballast has an overclock to 430w if i want to blast these babys lol

2014-04-07_09_02_58.jpg

did the first nute change and it wasnt terrible to swap out the containers and clean them.

the roots are looking decent,a little yellow maybe but i think they were starving. the solutions were very diluted.
2014-04-07_09_03_31.jpg

2014-04-07_08_50_37.jpg

heres a pic from the top of the screen, i freaking love this rolling shelf! lol

I like this method :) I was thinking like this a while back and planned a five girl vert twister type style grow. Still one ill do in the future for fun and experience!
As for running a 400, they can give great yields if used in the right space and to the right style. Ive used 400hps and got over the gram per watt threshold, so best of luck with this style my friend.:) :)

thanks, ive actually been planning this in my head for a few years now(probably much like you are doing as well lol) and its finally coming to reality for me and yes, it will be a fun and interesting experiment.

What's the avg. temp in the cabinet with that setup?
im not sure exactly how hot this is gonna get, but right at the light my 150w gets about 100 degrees, its a little bit warm right on the glass but i try to keep them a couple inches away at most.im cooling it with a 6" 160cfm fan in the cooltube, and a 50 cfm fan for the cab exhuast with a passive intake.im excpecting it will be about the same temps as my other cab maybe slightly higher about 89 degrees max at the hottest.

What happens if the fan stops, will the house burn down ?

Have a good 1, Bulldog
I've never had a fan go bad on me, I use bathroom vent fans and they last forever. And if the fans stopped it might just fry my plants, but I don't see that fan going bad anytime soon its brand new. I've got seperate curcuit breakers and surge protectors that will trip if there is any short the wiring, but I haven't had any problems like that since I started cab growing about 6 or 7 years ago.also, I put the cooltube and the fan for it on the same timer so if something happened to the fan, the light would go out too.

2014-04-11_08_53_12.jpg

trimmed and trained, and accidentally snapped a branch off the sour d. the branches are thicker than the other plant and im going to partially tie it to the screen instead of weaving it so tight to avoid branch breaking.

2014-04-11_09_00_32.jpg

comparison between indica dominant and the sour d, the sativa traits are becoming appearant.

Back
Top Bottom